Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
coffeegirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
WWYD re: this feedback?

I posted a few weeks ago about a transaction I was involved in, where I sent a mama some money on Feb. 13 for a fitted diaper she had posted on FSOT. On Feb 20 I PMed her asking for an update and she said she had been sick and in the hospital all week with the flu, and she would send the diaper out that following Monday. And then I never heard anything from her again. No diaper, no refund, no communication, and she hasn't even logged onto DS at all since Feb. 20. I e-mailed her and got no response. I was worried maybe that she really was sick and maybe had taken a turn for the worse?

Soooo....I filed with paypal, escalated the claim, and a few days ago they ruled in my favor and sent me a refund from her account. So, I was wondering does this warrant a negative feedback? Or a neutral, since I DID eventually get the money back (although I had to kind of force paypal to get it back for me.)?

It may seem more clear-cut to some of yall who have more FSOT experience than me, but I've never left a negative and I'm just not sure. Thanks.

Advertisement

coffeegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
BattleBuddies
Registered Users
Formerly: ArmyWife1118
seller
seller

Re: WWYD re: this feedback?

Oooh. Thats hard. Sorry about the bad experience. I thought, initially, a negative fb was certainly the way to go. Then, I felt sympathy about the sickness. Then, I realized that its been over 6 weeks ago, and there hasnt even been any communication. I think I would contact a mod.

BattleBuddies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
sugar_booger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

definitely negative. If she had come back and communicated and given the refund herself, then I would give neutral, but the only reason it ended well is because of PayPal... not her.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd contact a mod--is there any way of knowing if she's ok?

I mean, obviously if she's fine & dandy & just gave up Diaperswappers, then yea, negative for lack of communication/refund. BUT, if she's sick in the hospital or on bed rest or something really bad, I'd hate to give her a neg. & bring down her rating over something out of her control.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie View Post
I'd contact a mod--is there any way of knowing if she's ok?

I mean, obviously if she's fine & dandy & just gave up Diaperswappers, then yea, negative for lack of communication/refund. BUT, if she's sick in the hospital or on bed rest or something really bad, I'd hate to give her a neg. & bring down her rating over something out of her control.
This...
Old 03-31-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yea..who knows what happened? I'd give negative if she's on here chatting but doesn't respond to you, but maybe she really is sick and can't get to the PO.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #7
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

I agree with Steph.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #8
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

9 times out of 10, when I file with PayPal, I get a response from the seller. The fact that she didn't respond to your claim makes me think she probably hasn't been online. I would get w/a mod to see if they know anything. Or perhaps send her an email to the address you sent the PayPal payment to. I wouldn't leave negative though, not unless you know that she was ok all this time.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

If shes just ignoring you then i would leave negative, but if she wasnt able to get online or mail the dipe because she was ill i would probably leave neutral, or maybe not leave feedback at all. Is there a way to find out if she is alright?
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:35 PM   #10
coffeegirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and PMed a mod (two mods actually-- not sure who the main one who deals with this kinda stuff is. )

As far as finding out if she's ok....I don't know. I know that she hasn't logged on since Feb. 20, and she hasn't responded to my e-mails, and she apparently didn't respond to the paypal dispute, which (I think) is why they decide din my favor. The info I got from paypal didn't come out and say that they were unable to reach her, but they did leave open a window of about a week and a half for her to reply, and then they added a couple extra days just in case....and finally I got an e-mail saying they'd decided in my favor and got the money from her account.

The refund came directly from her pp account to mine, but I can't tell if pp just went in and gave it back to me through her account or if she logged on eventually and refunded me herself. Again, the wording of the e-mail that pp sent me makes me think that most likely she never responded to them. Which just is one more thing that makes me wonder if she's ok, or if she's hospitalized and lost internet access or what. There's just no telling.

coffeegirl is offline   Reply With Quote