Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
tbowers8403
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Idea: What do you think

So, I have a name in mind which I am going to keep to myself. But, i just starting sewing and I hope I can hone my skills in the next 2-3 months and start my business.

I want to make Breastfeeding Stuff!

Nursing Covers
Breast Pads
hot/cold packs for the boobies
baggie to keep your breast milk bags descreet for work freezer (had this issue!!)

What else do you think I should try to make?

Advertisement

Old 08-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
SkyeSpade
Registered Users
seller

I don't know how feasible this is, but maybe somehow converting regular bras to nursing bras? Offer it as a service? I would definitely pay for something like that!

Any typos are probably a combination of my phone and poor proofreading!
Old 08-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Idea: What do you think

Brest Friend and Boppy covers?

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
tbowers8403
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

@ skyespade I'll look into adding that as well. May not work as well because a lot of Mom's go up cup sizes.

I don't see why its not feasible idea for my OP. My whole idea is to make help mom's keep their breastfeeding discreet. I was not opposed to flopping one out and putting my expressed breast milk bag in the freezer uncovered. Apparently it made a few uncomfortable and their are moms out there who are conservative.

I guess its to make breastfeeding comfortable for everyone so it encourages people to breastfeed is a better explination.

@hpfgirl oooh I didn't think of that!

Keep the ideas rolling mama's!

Last edited by tbowers8403; 08-03-2011 at 03:06 PM.
tbowers8403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
lea*enchanted
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son can be a lazy eater...he'll rest from nursing and not even swallow his last mouthful but instead letting it run down soaking my bra and shirt. this is uncomfortable and embarrassing! I've tried using nursing pads to catch the milk but they aren't quite long enough to protect my shirt it usually still soaks through! I use newborn prefolds or burp cloths but they are awkward and bulky when I trying to nurse discretely in public.
I would be interested in something I could easily and quickly tuck into my lowered bra and under his face that is absorbent enough to catch his 'lazy milk flow'. lol.
Am I the only mama with this problem?
lea*enchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lea*enchanted View Post
My son can be a lazy eater...he'll rest from nursing and not even swallow his last mouthful but instead letting it run down soaking my bra and shirt. this is uncomfortable and embarrassing! I've tried using nursing pads to catch the milk but they aren't quite long enough to protect my shirt it usually still soaks through! I use newborn prefolds or burp cloths but they are awkward and bulky when I trying to nurse discretely in public.
I would be interested in something I could easily and quickly tuck into my lowered bra and under his face that is absorbent enough to catch his 'lazy milk flow'. lol.
Same problem here Momma! I just use a prefold, but I'm not the discreet nursing type.

Maybe a cute burp cloth?
Old 08-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #7
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

Nursing necklaces? They're super popular, and very easy to make!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #8
tbowers8403
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the feedback!

I'll have to think of something for the lazy eaters. I didn't get that far in breastfeeding to encounter that. I'll come up with a solution!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #9
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think the other suggestions are great, also I'd just do some bib/burpcloth sets because that will help your sewing skills and they will work for the bottle feeders too. And I also have a baby that drools the last gulp. Good luck!

The "happy hooker" from your siggy means you crochet.

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
BattleBuddies
Registered Users
Formerly: ArmyWife1118
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeSpade View Post
I don't know how feasible this is, but maybe somehow converting regular bras to nursing bras? Offer it as a service? I would definitely pay for something like that!

Any typos are probably a combination of my phone and poor proofreading!
KAM snaps has an awesome video tutorial for how to do this! It allows mamas with hard to find sizes and mamas who like the fancier print regular bras to have their very own custom nursing bras. You should definitely look up the tut and check it out, and its very simple to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lea*enchanted View Post
What about a layer (or 2) of OBV or OCV backed with either fleece, felted (machine washable) wool interlock, or PUL? That would be soft, thin, absorbent, and not easily soaked through. I would make it long and narrow, like maybe the same dimensions as a trifolded handtowel, but it would be thinner.

BattleBuddies is offline   Reply With Quote