Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #31
ARogers
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: If one more person says that BFing is sexual...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacydou View Post
I WISH I COULD "LIKE" THIS POST! I Completely agree! We're mammals for christ's sake! That's how we feed our young...what society has done is make womens' breasts seem like a "sexual and explicit" body part. They're the weirdos, not us....They're used for feeding! Jeez! :one::

Advertisement

ARogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #32
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Ugh I know. My mom always says "thank goodness you don't have a boy or that would be weird that you want to nurse him that long." Um hello!

I hate when people say this. So much. Yes, men like to look at boobs and it causes them sexual arousal. BUT THAT IS NOT THEIR MAIN FUNCTION. Just like a woman's butt has another function, men still like to look at them too!

Last edited by hilaryisinked; 04-01-2011 at 01:43 PM.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #33
LilRedRooster
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidensmom325 View Post
the Dh just read this and was like "EXACTLY"!. He has told ds that he has a 36 month lease on the boobies and that he better return them in their original condition or he will be charged for wear and tear

That's hilarious!

And I can't understand how people could possibly see breastfeeding as sexual. Yes, boobs are fun toys for men, but they can have other functions too that have nothing to do with sex. Other body parts share that dichotomous lifestyle. Like my vagina is pretty good for sex, but I guarantee you, in that delivery room, the very last thing on my SO's mind during and after DD's birth was sex.

It's too bad people can't separate those functions in their mind.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:00 PM   #34
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
Ugh I know. My mom always says "thank goodness you don't have a boy or that would be weird that you want to nurse him that long." Um hello
I'm about to have my 2nd son, so... it must be weird!

Luckily, no one has said this to my face, I must give off some kind or warning sent that keeps people from saying really ignorant things near me (it gets stronger when I'm pregnant, then wears off for a while when I have a NB, people can't help it, their stupid filter gets weak when they see a tiny baby!)

People who say breastfeeding is sexual have obviously never breastfed. Or maybe I don't know sexy. Milk stains, bite marks and "MAMA NUUUURRRSEE" as you get your shirt hiked in Target are sexy now? I still prefer firefighters.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #35
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidensmom325 View Post
My SIL called BFing unnatural
That right there just gives stupid people a bad name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith+2 View Post
My mouth is pretty darn sexual, too, but that doesn't mean I don't kiss my kids with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
Ugh I know. My mom always says "thank goodness you don't have a boy or that would be weird that you want to nurse him that long." Um hello!

I hate when people say this. So much. Yes, men like to look at boobs and it causes them sexual arousal. BUT THAT IS NOT THEIR MAIN FUNCTION. Just like a woman's butt has another function, men still like to look at them too!

Then your momma would think i was a supah weirdo, i nursed my son past his 4th bday! lol
Hes 8 now and i openly nurse his baby sister and he thinks nothing of it.

people think its sexual because we never show nursing mothers but we show VS commercials ALL the time so it's only normal to them that boobs only = sex. preaching to the choir but yeah.

The doll is umm different but i dont think its sexual or perverted, its pretending, to do what they see their momma doing. its not a big deal.
i dont see the average girl wanting one especially if she hasnt been expose (lol) to breastfeeding, which sadly IS the average lil girl at least in the US.

nak
Old 04-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #36
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

I hate this so much. I growing up I barely knew what BFing was. Thankfully I worked as a nanny for a mom who BF and I saw it was normal easy and made perfect sense. I truly thank god for showing me that breast have a much higher purpose than sex. It is ok that men sees them as sexual but when a women has a baby her breast are for feeding. That is why women lactate. How can there be any confusion. I am just so tired of everyone worrying about if it is weird or being made to feel weird. Maybe I am hypersensitive right now because my DS is turing one this month and I know the "are you STILL nursing" questions are coming soon!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #37
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

Well actually, when you breastfeed your body lets loose with those same lovely hormones (Oxytocin) as when you orgasm. So really it's all intertwined. Just like when you "O", breastfeeding does and should make you feel good. There is nothing wrong with that. So to say that breastfeeding is sexual isn't completely untrue because it IS a sensual act, but most ignorant idiots who say this aren't actually referring to it in the correct context.

Think about it! We use our tongues to talk and to kiss, so does that mean that talking is sexual! No of course not. We give birth out the same opening that gets penetrated during sex, so is birth sexual? I sure as H**l didn't feel sexy when I had my kids, I don't know about you! And what about our hands? We use them during lovemaking, yet we also use them to wipe snotty noses and wash dishes. So, our body parts all have different uses and functions, both sexual and non-sexual. People are just stupid sometimes!

I just want to add though that I'm sure people get offended when pro breastfeeding advocates say that breasts are for feeding, not for mens pleasure because that isn't exactly true. There is nothing wrong with doing both so to suddenly say "oh I have a baby, so now my breasts are for my baby only" is kind of unfair which I think is what leads to some men being so opposed to breastfeeding. Also, some women may think, "oh well if I breastfeed then my breasts can't be for my dh/so anymore" and then those women may not want to bother. So I guess my point is that maybe if we think about how we come across as breastfeeding advocates, then maybe we can reach more "ignorant idiots!" Ok, sorry for the long tangent!

Last edited by DalesWidda; 04-01-2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: added to post
DalesWidda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #38
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by savmaralamommy
Well actually, when you breastfeed your body lets loose with those same lovely hormones (Oxytocin) as when you orgasm. So really it's all intertwined. Just like when you "O", breastfeeding does and should make you feel good. There is nothing wrong with that. So to say that breastfeeding is sexual isn't completely untrue because it IS a sensual act, but most ignorant idiots who say this aren't actually referring to it in the correct context.

Think about it! We use our tongues to talk and to kiss, so does that mean that talking is sexual! No of course not. We give birth out the same opening that gets penetrated during sex, so is birth sexual? I sure as H**l didn't feel sexy when I had my kids, I don't know about you! And what about our hands? We use them during lovemaking, yet we also use them to wipe snotty noses and wash dishes. So, our body parts all have different uses and functions, both sexual and non-sexual. People are just stupid sometimes!

I just want to add though that I'm sure people get offended when pro breastfeeding advocates say that breasts are for feeding, not for mens pleasure because that isn't exactly true. There is nothing wrong with doing both so to suddenly say "oh I have a baby, so now my breasts are for my baby only" is kind of unfair which I think is what leads to some men being so opposed to breastfeeding. Also, some women may think, "oh well if I breastfeed then my breasts can't be for my dh/so anymore" and then those women may not want to bother. So I guess my point is that maybe if we think about how we come across as breastfeeding advocates, then maybe we can reach more "ignorant idiots!" Ok, sorry for the long tangent!

My autocorrect hates me
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #39
rachieroni
Registered Users
seller

I posted a link on my fb about that breastfeeding doll, moreover as a comment on how ridiculous it was that people were freaking out with my own rant(saying it would promote teen pregnancy and whatnot) and my dh's uncle posted this in response:

..for the record, I am not offended natural is fine with me..!! playboy.com

I deleted the thread... it just wasn't worth my time to respond.
"Sometimes, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."-Winnie the Pooh
rachieroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #40
MyLovely
Registered Users

My personal favorite is when people say that nursing a boy past infancy will make him gay. I'd really love to know how that works, considering it will only enhance his love of boobs (plus, the obvious DUH that nothing "turns" you gay, but I digress...).

As for DH? His boobie needs come second. If mama is touched out, he has the other 98% of her body to touch.