Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #11
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

Re: So I just spent the last 4 hours in L&D

Big hugs mama! I hope everything will be ok! I don't know if it helps at all but with YDD I was in the hospital for a day because I had an unbearable pain in my belly that wouldn't go away. Never could figure out why but the reason I spent the day in the hospital was because when I went to the office for an NST baby's heartrate was very tachy as well. 180's and 190's. She stayed that way at the hospital for about 5 hours and then settled down. I had to have an NST every single day after that. Some days she did fine, others were not so good (super tachy again) but I delivered at 40w2days. We did have some health scares after she was born but now at almost 2 she is perfectly healthy and has no lasting effects that we can tell.

Advertisement

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #12
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Big Hugs to you! I am glad that you are back home and hope they can get the potassium thing straightened out and that baby is just low on pot., too, and nothing is worng!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #13
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like a crazy pregnancy. I have never been a part of that perfect club and always wondered what it was like.....so I definitely sympathize. I hope you start feeling better and remain calm about the future. There are so many possibilities when it comes to babies but remember, the doctors don't know either. It is very likely that everything is completely fine and baby was just all worked up from you being worked up.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #14
BlueDahlia
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hugs to you, mama.
BlueDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #15
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

It has been a crazy pregnancy!! I'm trying to relax and take it as it comes. I have already started to increase the potassium, so hopefully things will look better at my next appt at 36 weeks. Now I am a firm believer in every pregnancy being different. Thank you so much mamas for all the support. I was a mess last night when I was slamming out that thread.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #16
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Glad everything is okay! Hope upping the potassium helps you both.
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #17
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

meganne79. Would you mind if I asked what the health concerns were in the beginning? Does it have to do with the heart?

I just had to look this up, and all the things I am reading are pointing to the baby's heart . Trying not to worry, but this just scares me.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #18
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippytoe View Post
meganne79. Would you mind if I asked what the health concerns were in the beginning? Does it have to do with the heart?

I just had to look this up, and all the things I am reading are pointing to the baby's heart . Trying not to worry, but this just scares me.
Sure, no problem! Her issues appeared to be neurologic. She had generalized weakness on one side of her body, extreme sensitivity to stimuli, unequal pupils, and was just generally a miserable baby. They were afraid she had a stroke in utero. She had a shoulder dystocia when she was born and they have since concluded that the weakness is nerve damage from being stuck and pulled on. We don't have an answer for her other issues but the doctors are comfortable that it is not related to any actual neuroligic damage. At 2, she has no deficits other than right-sided weakness when she is tired, though she is still an extremely challenging child!

When do you go back in? I really did have an NST every single day for about 10 days following my hospital episode. There were two days that almost resulted in induction, but they agreed to wait another day and she was fine. It was quite un-nerving. I hope your doc. is going to see you soon. If not, I'd call them and ask them to talk with you about what could be going on. They can look back at your previous NSTs and include that information too. Now that you are not in the heat of the moment, it would be good to get an explanation. Otherwise you are going to drive yourself nuts with worry!

I hope everything is fine!

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:19 AM   #19
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Thank you so much for sharing that. I'm so glad to hear your DD is doing well My DD is a challenge, too.

My next appt is April 7th. I know I should have called the office today, but I'm just so mentally drained that I couldn't deal with it today. I definitely needed today to sort of process my thoughts and get out of the heat of the moment. I also missed my DS's first little league T- ball game yesterday due being at the hospital. I feel badly about that . At least DH got some video for me of my little catcher!!!

Again, thank you for sharing the information about your DD. I'm going to call on Monday and see if I can get in, or at least talk to my doctor.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:41 AM   #20
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

Shannon--Im sorry you are going through this, and I just wanted to say I TOTALLY RELATE to the easy pregnancy history then one from hades that hits you without warning!!

There are so many unknowns with perinates that its a guessing science. It must be awful to hear the news of "well, everything is good... but.... *something could* be wrong...but we dont know so just wait it out."

We all worry about every little thing anyway, and such unexpected things can throw a wrench in stuff (like the pp's dd's injury...) that the terror and dread of "but.... somethings not 100% right" has to be just awful.

You will get through it and deal with whatever comes--including a perfectly healthy onrey active little one with lots of gas (you know, indigestion and all)

Last edited by Mama4Ways; 04-03-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Mama4Ways is offline   Reply With Quote