Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #11
arrowbabie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We did but we stayed at the disney resort and used the laundramat there. We washed about halfway in.

Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #12
sanddimarie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone cloth diaper at Disney World?

There was a post about making it in full cloth at Disney World.
She had to buy a shirt at the end. Lol.
I'll see if I can find the link to the post.

Sanddi
Single mommy to my Sylasarus

sanddimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #13
mommieleah74
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a TON of the G disposables and was planning on using them inside the Flips. I probably won't have to do any laundry there if I use the disposables during the day and cloth at night. I can flush them and things will be great! I am planning on testing out my flips this weekend to see how they do. My husband is not a believer in the Flip system so I need him to try them.
mommieleah74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #14
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did! It really wasn't any different than a typical day away like at the zoo or something. I did buy an additional dozen pfs just in case. I washed and hung dry at the hotel. Our biggest issue was compression leaks from being in the carseat so long, we had to stop every couple hours to change him. That and he peed more than usual because he drank more than usual (I guess because it was hot?) so we had did have to be more aware of the time passing and change right at two hours. Here are some pics from the hotel:

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #15
Aleta
Registered Users
seller
seller

We do cloth full time as my DD is allergic to sposies. We've done it on vacations where we have traveled by plane and car. Camping, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, the beach, etc. And I won't lie, especially in the summer time the wet bag got stinky when I couldn't wash for a few days. I think we went a total of 6 days camping and then a 9 hour drive home and had to breathe the stinky diapers - that was the worse.

But it is doable - I would suggest flats/prefolds as much as possible - even to stuff your BGs as if they have pee in them, they are the easiest to rinse and 'handwash' if needed before you can wash for real.

like me on Facebook
Aleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #16
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

I CD'd on a 5 night cruise. I used gDiapers with flats as inserts and flips with flip stay drys or prefolds. I used one wetbag for each day so we did not have to open a bag of 4 day old diapers.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #17
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did! We were not staying at a Disney resort, though. We were in a condo off the resort that had a washer and dryer, so I was able to wash whenever I needed to. I used pockets and it was just as easy as using disposables would have been.

I've also taken 5-day vacations with no access to washer/dryer and used Flip covers was G-diaper inserts and it worked fine.

You could probably use your Flips/disposable inserts for the first few days and then switch over to "full cloth" for the last couple days. That's what I usually do on vacations because I prefer pockets to the hybrid systems.
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #18
Geeki
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieleah74 View Post
We are going to Disney World at the end of May and I am determined to cloth diaper the time we are there. Now... that being said, I will have access to a washer and dryer at the beginning and end of my trip but NOT while we are at Disney for our 5 days. So... anyone that has done it what did you do? I am currently using Bumgenius during the day and Kawaii overnights at night, and I have G's and Flips for my diaper bag. I have a few odds and ends diapers too that I mix in with my BG's during the day but that just gives you an idea as to what I have to work with.

Thanks in advance for the help! I am looking forward to this.
I actually bought 2 boxes of the inserts for GroBabies and my daughter potty trained like 2 months before we went. She was *TERRIFIED* of the auto flush toilets but still did reasonably well.
We had to cut our trip super short (like less than half) due to a family emergency so we're going back in January.

If you want the inserts, I'll send them to you FFS. They've never been opened.

We had access to a washer/dryer and I still was going to do the disposables just because of ease.

And I cloth diapered on *ALL* of our other family vacations (well except the two cruises. Small room, 3 people and dirty diapers wouldnt go well).
Old 04-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #19
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

flips/g inserts here that a lot of diapers to pack for 5 days whoa
Old 04-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #20
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I always do sposies at Disney. The less heavy stuff on the busses, the better. We usually wear kiddo is a Beco, throw a couple sposies in my purse and wipes in a baggie, and go. I don't even take a diaper bag or a stroller.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 04-02-2011 at 12:09 AM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote