Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2011, 06:28 AM   #21
Kennoahy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We just came back from orlando last week. We did cloth all five days. It went great. Used 3 dozen prefolds 10 covers and pockets at night. I did rinse the diapers out the first few days and stored them in a rubbermaid box. They did not smell outside the box. Take some baking soda to speinkle in the box to help absorb the odor.

Advertisement

Last edited by Kennoahy; 04-02-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Kennoahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:58 AM   #22
thaisa47
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone cloth diaper at Disney World?

We did cloth for DS when he was 15 months, and we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for 8 days/7nights. We used pockets (GADs and BG 2.0's), and had no troubles. We had parkhopper passes, so we would spend the morning at one park, come back to the AKL for nap/lunchtime/swimming, and then spend the lateafternoon/evening/dinner someplace else. It worked perfectly for us, as that meant I only had to pack enough diapers for a half day at a time.

I kept a smaller wet bag in the diaper bag, and would empty it when we got back to the room (and air it out on the balcony during naptime), and kept the larger at the room. I had enough diapers that I only needed to wash once, and I think I kept the wetbag out on the balcony (instead of in the room). I packed a ziplock bag of our detergent into my suitcase, so I didn't have to fiddle with their detergents.

Last edited by thaisa47; 04-02-2011 at 07:01 AM.
thaisa47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #23
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

i have lots of times.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:00 AM   #24
sullywilson
Registered Users
seller

Wow this is really inspiring to a newbie like me! I just started leaving the house in cloth- I was afraid of traveling with poo even in a wet bag. So far so good.
sullywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #25
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Everyone's stories are similar to mine - it was very easy to CD at Disney. I miss CDing so much! (DD potty learned on me! LOL!) I went to Walgreens and bought a tiny bottle of detergent so I didn't have to mess with paying $2 per tiny 1-serving box of detergent at the Disney laundromat.
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #26
Zabibaby
Registered Users
Formerly: rose_hesh
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieleah74 View Post
Someone has to have some experience with this.... I am considering doing Flips with disposables otherwise...
I did this...not at Disney but in Europe and Egypt. I hand washed the covers in the bathroom while taking shower and use disposable inserts Flip or GroVia.
It worked great!
Visit Zabi Babyfor all your diapering needs. Nikky Covers, Weehuggers, GroVia, Little Comfort, Bum Genius and more. Our own sized Indian prefolds. Lay Away and Free shipping on most items. Licensed to embroider Ooga Booga. Coupon code DSM5 - 10% off Try our new bamboo flats!
Zabi Baby on Facebook
Zabibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #27
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

We just went in January. I have two in cloth, and CD'd for one week at Disney with no issues at all. I had planned to use the disposable Gro-Via inserts, but decided against it because my trial run with those was a disaster. We stayed at Nick hotel, and to my surprise, had laundry facilities on our floor. I used all my regular fitteds for Gabby & BG's for Maddie. I did have to pack my diaper bag for the whole day, which meant a ton of diapers, but I did bring an extra wetbag that I just tossed in the strollers when it was full. My stepmom & dad traveled with me, and were impressed at how easy it was
Old 04-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #28
Mummy2Summer&Ashton
Registered Users
seller

we are going to DinseyLand on Saturday for 5 days..

I was thinking of buying sposies to use but maybe not?

I use BGE's so hanging them to dry in the room could take up to 3 days...

I have FLIP covers and some disposable FLIP inserts but i've never used them... hmmm...
Old 04-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #29
mommieleah74
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok... my test run today went FAB-U-LOUS! I used my Flips with the Gdiaper disposables and they worked like a charm. I think that is what we are going to use unless I get more of the stay dry or prefold flip inserts. I don't have enough of them yet for my trip. Guess I need to start destashing my G's and loading up on Flip inserts.
mommieleah74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #30
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieleah74 View Post
Ok... my test run today went FAB-U-LOUS! I used my Flips with the Gdiaper disposables and they worked like a charm. I think that is what we are going to use unless I get more of the stay dry or prefold flip inserts. I don't have enough of them yet for my trip. Guess I need to start destashing my G's and loading up on Flip inserts.
Your G's will work fabulously! I always used them to travel up until now, when I thought I'd go with the Gro-Via's....big mistake. The disposable Gro-Via inserts have gel in them (G's do not) I hate gel!!!!!!

DH actually convinced me to just do all cloth