Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #31
mommieleah74
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone cloth diaper at Disney World?

So maybe I should just stick to the Gdiaper disposables? I am still gonna get some reusable inserts for my flips to have incase lil man gets a rash or something from the sposies.

Advertisement

mommieleah74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #32
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

If you have flats they are super handy to use as inserts since you can easily wash in a sink and hang dry a few if you need too!
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:09 PM   #33
icanonlyimagine
Theres a Scent for that!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

its easy!!! plus it makes it conveniet that disney has mothers rooms with full changing, toilet, and nursing rooms (though I hardly ever used the nursing rooms lol DisneyLAND is our second home though so I was always able to come home and wash whenver sicne we live 2 mins away
Old 04-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #34
Mummy2Summer&Ashton
Registered Users
seller

I've never used my FLIP disposable inserts... DS's poop is still quite runny.. will these hold up ok?!? or should I buy some Gro-Via disposable inserts?

I also have 6? stay dry Flip inserts but for 5 days that isn't enough
Old 04-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #35
jamomx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't been to Disney since CDing but I used cloth on our 2 week vacation last summer. I brought a dozen flats and 4 flip covers. I brought a baggie of my detergent with me and washed the flats and covers by hand in the sink and hung them to dry over the shower. They were usually dry by the next morning and ready to use again. Since we were visiting family I did wash them once in their washing machine, in the middle of our trip, just for a quick deep cleaning. I used a sposie at night, because I wasn't sure if 2 flats would be enough absorbancy.
jamomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:16 AM   #36
mommieleah74
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tested out the Gdiapers disposables yesterday with the flip covers and they were great! Now.. if we get a poop, it might need a prefold, so I am going to see about getting some more of them before our trip and hopefully just going cloth the whole time we are there. If I don't get enough prefolds, then I will use the gdiaper sposies. I don't know about the flip sposies. They look pretty small. The gdiaper ones are a lot bigger and I feel more comfortable using them since I have used them before. I don't even know if I like the stay dry flip inserts. I might use those with a prefold at night for sleeping but the prefolds are a must during the day if I go with cloth. So now I am on the hunt for the flip prefolds.
mommieleah74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #37
Nienna7477
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I DID!!!! We just got back from Disney about 2 weeks ago! I am so proud of myself for cd'ing my little man the entire trip! Didnt even use some of the biodagratable inserts we have!!! We used fitteds and wool. We did have a washer and dryer during the trip but I really didnt have to use it. I choose to. 1st I would say if you have enough dipes to last that long then go for it! I feel so good that I didnt break down and use sposies! 1nd- wash out all dipes you use overnight. Just rinse them in the a.m cause thats where the amonia smell will come from really bad. 3rd. I would def. invest in some pail freshener of baking soda just incase but I had no probs diparing there. My husband even changed our son half the time. That right there makes me super proud! To see my husband with a wetbag and cloth diaper in one hand and my son in the other. How cute! If any questions please pm me
cloth diapering, PRO Bf'ing, Baby wearing, natural birthing, kinda co-sleeping, Baby ASL teaching, Future ERF'ing, tree hugging mama to Eryk, My little monkey!!(8-6-10) And have the best DH ever!! (6-21-07)
Nienna7477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #38
mommyh74
Registered Users
seller

How did it work out? Did you end up using flips or g's. My Disney trip is at the start of October. I'd love to use my BumG's but don't know if I wasn't to hassle with the laundry...let alone 2 loads and dry per use...I have g's that I used while on the week long trip vaca in Wisconsin...They were fine. G inserts worked best...anyway, wanted to know your feedback if you have a moment....
mommyh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #39
mickeymase
Registered Users
seller

FYI - There is a diaper service in the Orlando area that does vacation service. It is $23.95 a week for 80 prefold diapers that they deliver to your hotel. That way you can still use cloth and not worry about washing them!!!
mickeymase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #40
mickeymase
Registered Users
seller

Whoops! Forgot to post the link to the diaper service -
www.ecodiaperservice.com
mickeymase is offline   Reply With Quote