Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2011, 04:01 AM   #101
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:
Re: How are you avoiding?

After an misunderstanding this month with withdrawal, I've set up more strict tta rules I use NFP + opks and so no dtd after CD9 until two days post confirmed O w/o protection. I am getting a diaphragm next week as a backup during fertile times since condoms are a pain and I can't/won't take hormones. I hope it's perfect for us.

Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #102
Tiny Trousers
Registered Users
Formerly: Knits4Noah
seller
seller

My Mood:

I practice the Fertility Awareness Method and love it! I have just completed my 4th month with success During my fertile days we use a condom, and during my peak fertility we avoid (it's only 2 days).

I had the implanon rod in my arm before that and for about 3 months straight I had all the pregnancy symptoms I had with my son. It was terrible.

I love FAM and recommend it to all my friends!

Last edited by Tiny Trousers; 07-07-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Tiny Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:46 AM   #103
phridae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Condoms, every time. No glove, no love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithfor12

We use abstinance as well. I am seriously oppossed to it but that's all dh will even consider. In our house that means I get no physical contact with at all unless we accidently bump into each other in passing. Any contact I try to initiate is met with "leave me alone"or he'll push me away. So its been 23 months since we last had sex.
This makes me so sad! You can't even get a hug??

using my iPod. Watch out for inappropriate typos!
Old 07-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #104
cdwelton
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutandmunchkin View Post
My hubby and I have the same problem- he doesn't want any more and I feel like I would like one more. Mostly because, I have two girls and would really try one more time. Our problem is, we just turned 38 and concerned about having a child still in college when we're trying to retire. He does make a good point, but I just don't feel our family is complete yet. Does anyone else have differing opinions than their spouse regarding having another baby in the future?
We have differing opinions too. We avoided for the first two years of our marriage (I was only 18 yo ) and TTC for 8 longggggg months before I got pregnant with DD who is only 5 weeks now. Before she was born DH wanted to wait 6 mo before TTC again and I wanted to wait 2 years. NOW he wants to wait a year, and I want to do nothing and if we have a surprise baby, awesome! if not then TTC when she is a yo.

If we do TTA then I'm going to get the IUD.. so I'm hoping I can just 'forget' to make the appt for a while
Old 07-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #105
anabellee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMommy6111 View Post
I am only 2 weeks postpartum, so right now it's a non-issue.
I want to have another baby in like a year.
Has anyone relied on bfing? Does it work that long?
depends on your body. I made it to 5 days shy of 23mths with ds3. 18mths with ds2, and 6mths with ds1 (bf trouble).

I'm charting though so I know for a fact that I never O'd until 2wks ago
Old 07-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #106
novemberlily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am avoiding dtd in general. No sex, no babies lol
novemberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #107
millermom1110
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama View Post

Except that since my cycles haven't returned yet, but I've had cm most constantly for over a month, we're using the "let's have sex and hope I don't ovulate in the next couple days" method. We are totally opposed to introducing artificial birth control into our marriage, so for now we just have to be open to God's will if we want to be physically intimate. If He sends us another child, we know He doesn't make mistakes.
^^ What she said Except I'm BFing my 9 month old and have NO signs of impending ovulation. I'm only nursing 3 times per day on average so I'm really surprised AF hasn't come back yet. Not that I'm complaining.
Married to my Best Friend, and Mom to DS (7) DS (6) DD (3) DS (1), Baby #5 due in March 2015.
millermom1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:45 PM   #108
MamaBird06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here is info on withdrawal.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/hea...ethod-4218.htm

I will say when we were new at it we did get pregnant, and it does take time to learn and practice to use more effectively. Dh wants the V, but I would be fine with NFP and other natural methods...At least for the next 5-10 years but beyond that I think I would opt for a permanent solution as we get older..From the time ds was 6 months to 32 months we did withdrawal without getting pregnant, then began ttc...Though I am going to admit I am not as fertile, have a possible luteal phase defect where I ovulate late so I may not get as many sticky embryos as a more fertile person. It took use 4 months to get a BFP when trying, then lost the baby after a week...Then from then it took 11 months for another BFP, we were DTD regularly 3-4 a week, and I began charting at the 9 month mark so that is when I discovered the possible luteal phase defect.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #109
momtothebrothersOZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use an IUD. I have one birth control baby and one NFP baby less than 18 months apart so I need something a little more reliable. For the 3 months after DS2 was born I basically told SO to not even look at me for fear I would end up pregnant a third time. I was BFing but we still had 1 scare and decided that we weren't responsible enough to rely on condoms or withdrawl (or abstinence for that matter :P) Neither of us wants any more, but we're not 100% sure that won't change so, for now Paraguard works for us!
momtothebrothersOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #110
tcat160
Registered Users

I was TTA with Mirena, and now I'm preggers again! EDD Dec 10- 2011. I am getting a tubal after this baby, and Hubs will be getting a V... maybe. lol. We are just too dang fertile for our own good. My DD was a honeymoon birth control pill baby, DS was concieved while TTA with VCF or spermicide foam, and #3 with an IUD. My baby makin parts are being removed lol. I'm done having kids. =)
tcat160 is offline   Reply With Quote