Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #111
mariannewynn
Registered Users
seller

Re: How are you avoiding?

FAM!
I have been on the pill, used nuvaring, the patch, implanon - they all work great for TTA, but I am so much happier now not being on hormones! We haven't been very strict about the rules, and we only use w/d during fertile times, but neither of us would be upset about a surprise baby, so it works for us.

Advertisement

mariannewynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #112
3wyobabes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhayrday View Post
I shouldn't be in this forum I know since I'm preg right now but I was curious I have done charting for the past 8yr and on the fertile days we either avoided or DH withdrew. It has worked well. This baby I'm preg with right now though DH waited one second too long and left one swimmy inside the day before I O'd....woops. We knew immediately we had flubbed up but we were not disappointed and just laughed at ourselves.
Me either... but I was snooping

I'm a walking ad for what not to do I think. Got preggo with ds1 & dd4 on the pill. It makes me miserable and it obviously doesn't work for me anyways. DH talked about a v before #4... we're expecting #5 this spring! He says he's done, but doesn't go in and doesn't do anything well enough to prevent it. Ahhh well... we love our babies and are excited about another one.

Though there will be a permanent fix for him when this one arrives safely
3wyobabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #113
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

Our second was conceived with the withdrawal method. Pretty sure DH pulled out, was sure enough that I didn't think I was pregnant until after my period was late for sure and the next day I was nauseous. Got the test, was positive. The irony, I had order cloth pads and had gotten them just in time for that cycle that never came. I also was on vacation in the US when I found out. We were living in Korea at the time I got pregnant. It did work for almost four years though so that says something but I try not to rely on it so much this time. Not so easy because DH hates condoms. I do have a diaphragm but I have yet to get the spermicide for it. Anyone know if the sponge ever came back on the market? That I would love to try out. So far, so good though but I know I'm done and I wish I could do something to make it permanent that's not horribly invasive. DH won't get a V. Doesn't want to be messed up down there or something but he's absolutely opposed to it even though I don't think he really wants anymore kids either.
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #114
earthEmama
Registered Users
Formerly: cs***kky
seller

Abstinence, as Hubbies refusing to help in the department of, getting a V. I feel it our best option under the circumstance. I just survived a horrible experience With placenta previa...So I'm on strike!! Celabetsey it the best for birth control right now lol.

We have four loving ones. New Lil one came, 6/14 I had to have emergency C section, throwing our planned home birth out the window.. With a buttload of devastation and feeling robbed and completely cheated. Due to it discovering I had placenta previa, baby came 5 weeks early anyhow. I never thought in my life, I'd have to have a csection, left me feeling scarred, emotionally and physically. I don't want to risk getting preggers again. I could never go thrOugh that again. I know my limit and happy with the four we naturally have and raising our niece. Hubbies is not refusing because of wanting more, he claims I want immasculate him.... baawaaahh

I've gone through so much, already with having four Lil ones and this unexpected slaughter to my body, I'm nOt doing anything else to it !!!
Don't want to put those drugs in my body to prevent it... So I'm on strike!! Condoms are uncomfortable plus th spermaside, cause's me irritation.

my boys put up a tent in the back yard, the other day, to have camp night and I told DH he can set up permeant residence outside. Lolol

Last edited by earthEmama; 08-11-2011 at 05:56 PM.
earthEmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:08 AM   #115
rcima
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I may be the first to say . . . NOTHING. Don't get me wrong, we're not trying to get pregnant, by any means. We have an 8 month old that still nurses like crazy (day and night) and my period hasn't come back yet (yay!). We used the pill for the first month after we got married, then decided we were ready for a baby, so we haven't done anything to prevent for almost 2 years. We've now decided that we're officially against ANY means of preventing pregnancy (for religious reasons.) So . . . it looks like we'll probably end up with a large family LOL. I read another mama say in another thread that she and her husband are 'open to life' and we've decided to adopt it. We will be thrilled with whatever happens.
rcima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:36 PM   #116
rcima
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The NFP book 'The Art of Natural Family Planning' has some great information on how to use EBF as a form of birth control or 'natural child spacing' as they call it. The basic guidelines are to exclusively BF for the first 6 months with solids being only supplemental to breastmilk from months 6-12, pacify baby at your breasts, don't use bottles or pacifiers, sleep with baby, nurse frequently day and night (at least every 3 hours during the day & go no more than one 6 hour stretch at night), no feeding schedules. According to their research, on average, moms who followed these guidelines suppressed their fertility for 14.5 months. I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone, but it does for many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy View Post
Yup I relied on it and have two 15 months apart. Totally the best accident ever, but....no Hun it doesn't work.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
rcima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:52 PM   #117
tpb2930
Registered Users
seller

Tubal & BFing here :0) haha! Can't really beat that.
tpb2930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #118
Ditzoid
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcima View Post
The NFP book 'The Art of Natural Family Planning' has some great information on how to use EBF as a form of birth control or 'natural child spacing' as they call it. The basic guidelines are to exclusively BF for the first 6 months with solids being only supplemental to breastmilk from months 6-12, pacify baby at your breasts, don't use bottles or pacifiers, sleep with baby, nurse frequently day and night (at least every 3 hours during the day & go no more than one 6 hour stretch at night), no feeding schedules. According to their research, on average, moms who followed these guidelines suppressed their fertility for 14.5 months. I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone, but it does for many.
Yeah, that describes my breastfeeding relationship, but I feed even more frequently day and night, with my daughter (2) and my son (6 mo) and unfortunately got period right at 6 months with daughter and 4.5 months with son. Boo! Wish it were as reliable as it sounds. I'm open to accidents but not ready yet!
Ditzoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #119
hwinte87
Registered Users
seller

I chart so we use condoms during my fertile time. Otherwise, nothing.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #120
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had to chart just to get pregnant, so we don't have to do much to avoid. I am very regular, and DH pays attention. He seems to want it most right after my period and right before. If it happens to be somewhere in the middle, condems or withdrawal. I would totally mostly be okay with a surprise baby although DH would probably be okay with just the two that we have. He hasn't said that he is done, but he's not really looking for a third either.

Last edited by marvelous; 08-26-2011 at 10:30 PM.
marvelous is offline   Reply With Quote