Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #21
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How are you avoiding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutandmunchkin View Post
My hubby and I have the same problem- he doesn't want any more and I feel like I would like one more. Mostly because, I have two girls and would really try one more time. Our problem is, we just turned 38 and concerned about having a child still in college when we're trying to retire. He does make a good point, but I just don't feel our family is complete yet. Does anyone else have differing opinions than their spouse regarding having another baby in the future?
I explained to DH, who wants about 4-5 more kids, that I don't think my body will physically hold out that long. I have a uterine anomaly (basically, I have TWO! ) and have had one c-section for each uterus. It makes me really worried to continue being sliced and diced (which I probably will be, if I don't manage a VBAC with the next one, whenever that happens). If it gets to the point where it's too risky for me, then we'll start talking adoption instead.

Advertisement

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #22
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would love to adopt too. Just wish it wasn't so expensive!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #23
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

After a year of charting, we got pregnant (not at all a surprise ), after DS's birth, I went on the pill (hated it as usual and was upset at myself for even trying the pill again-I hate how it makes me feel, DH hates how it makes me act emotionally distant and I hate having chemicals in my body unnecessarily), now, since AF hasnt yet returned since DS's birth we are simply withdrawing. We are excited about extending our family so if we have a surprise, we will be excited. Since DH hates condoms, no barrier methods work for me (allergies and reactions), the pill/hormones are a no go, and we are both against surgical methods...we are not sure how our family size will look.....but we will have to just wait and see what God has in store
Old 04-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #24
purna079
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im guessing post partum aunt flow
OoBeeSoap.com
purna079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #25
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

I shouldn't be in this forum I know since I'm preg right now but I was curious I have done charting for the past 8yr and on the fertile days we either avoided or DH withdrew. It has worked well. This baby I'm preg with right now though DH waited one second too long and left one swimmy inside the day before I O'd....woops. We knew immediately we had flubbed up but we were not disappointed and just laughed at ourselves.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #26
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

we use condoms during the fertile period, except every once in awhile when we don't feel like grabbing one in time, then dh just withdraws. and then charting and we use nothing during the infertile period. i've been wanting to do FAM for awhile now, but only just got up the courage last October. before then i was on the mini-pill after ds was born, and the regular pill for several years before i got pg (on purpose!). and i didn't realize how much the pill affected me until i got off of it. i feel so much better now! emotionally, and physically (in some very tmi ways that i won't get into). i will never ever go back! so far, 6 months, and i just got my period today, so we have another month of success! dh was skeptical at first, but more fascinated every month that went by that i didn't get pg lol.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #27
stephie_j24
Registered Users
seller

"officially" we use NFP and condoms... but really, it's pretty much a straight answer of condoms. I am SOOOO scared of getting pregnant right now and my cycles are out of whack. I'm terrified that I'd be one of those people who thought they were doing it right and then wound up with a baby. So we use condoms pretty much all the time. The only time we don't is when I KNOW I'm going to start my period in the next couple of days or have just started.

We're both opposed to hormonal birth controls and IUDs and such. We're not ready for any snippage yet because we *might* want another one a bit further in the future. I suffered big time PPD after DS was born so we needed to make sure that we didn't have any Irish twins here.

I think that soon, we will probably cut out the condoms except for the fertile times. We're getting more comfortable and the possibility of an oops is not as scary as it used to be. But I think it'll be a long time before we're TTCing again, if ever.

Last edited by stephie_j24; 04-04-2011 at 04:46 PM.
stephie_j24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #28
mama_to_DJM
Registered Users

Mirena IUD plus condoms mid-cycle. I REALLY don't want to get pregnant, plus it makes me feel better about the IUD (knowing that there's zero chance for conception to even occur).

My cooking blog- http://michellesnewrecipes.blogspot.com/
mama_to_DJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #29
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

well crap...hope i didn't O...we were out of town for a wedding, left condoms at home, and had a little too much fun and dh didn't "pull and pray" (well, he's prob praying lol!) and while i dont' really think i was in the fertile zone, i used a EDD calc just for giggles....and it's Christmas day...really hope nothing happened, but i think it'd be funny/ironic b/c we've said "we're done, but God might have other plans"...
Old 04-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #30
lemurkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We just use condoms...religiously! I want to chart because I hate condoms but my cycles are all over the place so I O at different times every month. Once we've decided for sure that there will be no more munchkins (DH doesn't want more but I do and he's slowly starting to come around to the idea) then he's going to go get snipped.