Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #41
psylion
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelina_lover

I wish our reason for it was being tired. We fear pregnancy. I had such a difficult pregnancy with our youngest and for most of the pregnancy the doctors were saying one of us wouldn't make it. thankfully we both made it With some issues however miracles happen and we have healed and are both healthy now. I can't live with that fear again. We did get pregnant again in 2009 but miscarried at 12wks. It was a very scary 12wks, I didn't want my children to lose their mother because birth control failed so we just decided that abstinance is the safest for us.
Hugs

Advertisement

Old 04-06-2011, 11:25 PM   #42
amelia222
Registered Users

Re: How are you avoiding?

I usually know when I ovulate by the OMG I'm dying pain, but I also keep track of CM and have fairly regular cycles. So sort of charting I guess? And we use condoms (ick!) 90% of the time anyways, we only risk it on the really super safe days.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #43
crunch!910
Registered Users

We sometimes (rarely) use condoms if fertile. We hate them, so if I'm fertile we usually jus abstain all together. Booo. We sometimes aren't the safest, say if I'm fertile on CD12.. I know technically ovulation can occur at any time, but I nomrally don't O until CD20+, so we sometimes DTD with no protection up until CD14-15.

I had a TERRIBLE pregnancy (hyperemesis). I'm terrified of pregnancy, but we'll probably TTC this summer. If I don't back out. I'm so terrified of having that experience again. I couldn't function! And this time taht isn't a choice, since I'd have another child to take care of!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #44
angelina_lover
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylion View Post
Hugs
Thank you for those
angelina_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #45
oddduck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd love a handful of more kids, but now it just not the right time. I had a Mirena in place since Feb and have been spotting since (yuck).
Old 04-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #46
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Condoms. I got my PP AF when DD was 3 months, despite that fact that I ebfed. No bottles, no pacis, nursing every 2-3 hours. I hate BC, so condoms it is.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #47
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have the paraguard iud it is copper so no hormones. I can not take the hormones they make me mean and crazy..i tried charting and condoms before DS was born..DH is not ready for another surprise so this seemed like the best option.....
Old 04-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #48
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutandmunchkin View Post
My hubby and I have the same problem- he doesn't want any more and I feel like I would like one more. Mostly because, I have two girls and would really try one more time. Our problem is, we just turned 38 and concerned about having a child still in college when we're trying to retire. He does make a good point, but I just don't feel our family is complete yet. Does anyone else have differing opinions than their spouse regarding having another baby in the future?
You and I are very similar mama, except I'm 10 years younger. My dd was born in 4/08 and ds in 5/10. DH is adamant that we won't have anymore, but I don't feel that my family is complete. I want an oops so bad, I have thought of poking holes in condoms (just thought about it...i wouldn't do it). He says we can't afford another one. I think God allows happy suprises all the time!
Old 04-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #49
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Right now I'm pregnant so that is how we are avoiding. We just wing it until my period comes back about 7 months postpartum. Then we just pull out around my fertile times and just do our thing the rest of the time. Needless to say we are just starting to discuss a third when I got pregnant with this one (our third).
Old 04-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #50
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddduck
I'd love a handful of more kids, but now it just not the right time. I had a Mirena in place since Feb and have been spotting since (yuck).
Yeah, that's pretty common. I hated my mirena and refuse to get another.

Check out my gallery! PM me for YYMN and other knitting needs.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote