Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
3sweetboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Can you teach me about charting?

I'm so excited to see this subforum!! I've been wanting to know about charting for a while and didn't know who to ask! Is it easy to do and read or is this going to take me some time to figure out? I really don't know much about it at all, so any help/links/advice is appreciated! TIA!!

Advertisement

3sweetboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #2
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can you teach me about charting?

I think it is easy but it does take some time and and a small commitment to learn. I read the Taking Charge of Your Fertility Book from cover to cover in about two days. It was so interesting and informative that I couldn't put it down. I'm well educated and I thought I knew a lot but I was very wrong! I still can't get over how little I knew before I discovered the book. It was a life-changing experience for me. I can't recommend it enough.

After I read the book I immersed myself in the forums at www.TCOYF.com. The ladies there were fabulous and they really helped fill in the gaps. Unfortunately the forums kind of blew up a couple years ago and they just aren't what they used to be. There are still a few knowledgeable souls floating around over there though.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
Old 04-02-2011, 05:44 AM   #3
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second TCOYF. Awesome book that gives you the low-down on all the signs of fertility. I also use fertility friend, which is free, for monitoring temps, CM, and position. There are other NFP books and websites out there like Shettles, Creighton, etc.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:20 AM   #4
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://ccli.org/ Couple to Couple League is AMAZING. I've never read TCOYF, but this is the one we use and it has SOOOOO much information, including charting postpartum and charting in premenopause. Super helpful, and they have teachers you can work with to make sure you're doing it right.

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #5
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley84 View Post
I think it is easy but it does take some time and and a small commitment to learn. I read the Taking Charge of Your Fertility Book from cover to cover in about two days. It was so interesting and informative that I couldn't put it down. I'm well educated and I thought I knew a lot but I was very wrong! I still can't get over how little I knew before I discovered the book. It was a life-changing experience for me. I can't recommend it enough.

After I read the book I immersed myself in the forums at www.TCOYF.com. The ladies there were fabulous and they really helped fill in the gaps. Unfortunately the forums kind of blew up a couple years ago and they just aren't what they used to be. There are still a few knowledgeable souls floating around over there though.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
i totally agree with this. i've been wanting to chart for awhile, and i did a little reading here and there and halfheartedly tried, but then last fall i decided to do it for real, and between reading that book and spending some time on the forums over there, i learned so so much and we've been successfully using charting to avoid ever since
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
happyhappyjoyjoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you can get a free act at fertility friend. i've had the same act since 2005. i have had times where i didn't use it for 2 years (pregnancy and breastfeeing infertility) and then go back in and it is still there.

if you have particular ?s send me a pm so i know to check for them, bec i don't come on DS very often anymore
happyhappyjoyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote