Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
Sakari
Registered Users

Extended BFing and sore nipples!

Why are they sore now?!?!

I did start trying to pump again (to donate) within the last week, but I feel like it's DD's super-latch that started the soreness. Am I drying up? am I preggo?! am I just asking too much of the ole tata's trying to add pumping back in??

I feel like I'm ready to day-wean. Do people even do that?! I'm ok with the night cluster feed still, but I'd like to kinda be done in the day! But I really wanted to let her wean herself! How to decide?! (fwiw, she's 32 months! I think I'm running into the social stygma that she's "too old" now, too. for nursing in public anyway. )

well the pain isn't helping the decision right now, that's for sure.

Advertisement

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
Sakari
Registered Users

Re: Extended BFing and sore nipples!

anyone have any words of wisdom or btdt stories?!?!

Old 04-02-2011, 06:00 AM   #3
Theywerepert
Registered Users

I limited both dd's daytime feeds around 2-2 1/2. I was like you and didn't mind the nights as much. With dd1 she nursed to 36m3d with no sore nips for me. With dd2, I started getting sore when she was 2y7m. I was pregnant. I had to wean her shortly before her third birthday due to pain /supply issues. You might want to poas if there's a chance you might be PG!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #4
MySillyBearCub
Registered Users

My Mood:
First off, what a great thing to pump for donations. I haven't pumped since I quit my job about a year ago. It could be the combination that is doing your nips in.

As for day weaning, your DD is old enough that you could encourage her to day wean by distraction.... especially in public. My DS is so easily distracted that he almost never asks to NIP but if it's during the day and not nap time I try to fill his want with something else. I'll ask if he'd like a drink or snack or if we can play a game or something first. If he still wants to nurse when he's done he can.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 04-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #5
Sakari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theywerepert View Post
I limited both dd's daytime feeds around 2-2 1/2. I was like you and didn't mind the nights as much. With dd1 she nursed to 36m3d with no sore nips for me. With dd2, I started getting sore when she was 2y7m. I was pregnant. I had to wean her shortly before her third birthday due to pain /supply issues. You might want to poas if there's a chance you might be PG!
Thanks for the btdt! ummmm, what's poas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySillyBearCub View Post
First off, what a great thing to pump for donations. I haven't pumped since I quit my job about a year ago. It could be the combination that is doing your nips in.

As for day weaning, your DD is old enough that you could encourage her to day wean by distraction.... especially in public. My DS is so easily distracted that he almost never asks to NIP but if it's during the day and not nap time I try to fill his want with something else. I'll ask if he'd like a drink or snack or if we can play a game or something first. If he still wants to nurse when he's done he can.

Good luck!

Thanks I had sorta thought of donating before, but I live in the middle of nowhere and didn't have a mlik bank close, etc. Well just recently I found Human Milk 4 Human Babies on facebook! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/hm4hb and I've already gotten to donate to a mama and her 2 mo!!! (she lives 6 hours away, but we were passing through)

I like that idea thank you! I guess she doesn't NIP very much anymore, but sometimes she'll ask at BIL's house or at friend's houses - and once she has it in her head...!! but I'll keep trying I guess. Thanks for the encouragement!

Anyone else have any BTDT stories?!?!

Old 04-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
MySillyBearCub
Registered Users

My Mood:
Poas=pee on a stick.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
Sakari
Registered Users

OH!! thanks

Old 04-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #8
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aww! Maybe you just need to adjust.

I didn't donate through milk banks. I actually donated to someone from right on here!
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote