Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
kimmy659
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lets start a "nesting" thread..

because I am going crazy over here!
I finished work a week ago, and have been on this crazy cleaning urge... Now that it is the weekend I haven't done much (especially with the kids around all day), but I know once Monday hits and they head off to school/daycare I will be at it again..

Who else is with me? I will be 36 weeks on Tuesday and I hope this phase doesn't last 4 weeks, although with spring in the air it means even more stuff to do outside!

Even though I'm not cleaning this weekend (ok other than laundry) I did just make a double layer Swiss Chocolate cake.. I can't seem to stop!

Advertisement

Old 04-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
saxychic247
CAUTION! Not responding to issues! File with paypal if waiting on items!

My Mood:
Re: Lets start a "nesting" thread..

I keep hoping to catch the nesting bug!! We're going to be moving at the end of May, and I'm on spring break until the 12th, so I'm going to have to get in the nesting mode and getting rid of a WHOLE bunch of stuff we've accumulated!! Kind of looking forward to the purge, though.

I've started washing up all of the little baby boy clothes to store away in a tote for a few weeks, so that there's one less thing to do, and am going to pack my hospital bag tomorrow. That counts as nesting... sort of... right?
saxychic247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've definitely caught the bug!! This week they came and reglazed our showers. So while the doors were off, I scrubbed them down, along with the hardware! It all looks brand new. I also cleaned all the vertical blinds in the living room and all 3 bedrooms. We got the boys' new bunk bed all put together and the new bedding on it too. And that's all in addition to my regular cleaning. We transitioned DS2 from the crib to the trundle of the bunk bed the other night, so my next project is the nursery! I'm excited about that.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
imasupernova
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Im in the nesting mode but my body and my children aren't allowing things to stay clean. I certainly can't keep up...

Trying to find a way to put my kiddos in storage for the next few weeks while they are on spring break...

mom to se7en rockin' kiddos
Do you Swag? You can earn FREE gift cards!
imasupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hehe...
this morning I was vacuming at 9am!! I vacumned the living room, couch, hallway and our room. Emptied and moved the P&P from our living room (we kept it there for DS' time outs, and then it became a catch all for all our junk! ) to our room. Felt a lot of pressure and needed a break after all of that, so made lunch for DS and I, we took a nap, and then after that I dusted and cleaned up a bit more.
DH came home and I made dinner, and put DS to bed.
Now I could definately do a load of two of laundry, but I am pooped!! I need a bath, and then I'm thinking bed.
I have a bunch of bags in our back closet that I NEED to get out of here and get to Goodwill. Been asking DH for a few weeks now...no cigar! >_< this week, either he'll do it, or I will.
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
saxychic247
CAUTION! Not responding to issues! File with paypal if waiting on items!

My Mood:

Tomorrow is looking to be a better "nesting" day for us... Going to go get some moving boxes so I can start packing up stuff for the move in a few weeks--hopefully it'll help it look a lot less cluttered once stuff starts going into boxes and out of general circulation. Our apartment is pretty big--but there are like NO closets, so everything is just out. <sigh>

Here's hoping tomorrow is better!!
saxychic247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #7
shreck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

In my head! Does that count? I'm just so stinkin' tired! Hoping for an energy burst to kick in soon.
shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #8
RedSoxLover
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm also nesting in my head Mainly because we still need to buy this boy a dresser. Once he has a dresser, I'll be able to do so much more. Of course he'll "share" a room with dd and their room just isn't that big (he'll sleep in our room/co-sleep that's why share is in quotes)
Old 04-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #9
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imasupernova View Post
Im in the nesting mode but my body and my children aren't allowing things to stay clean. I certainly can't keep up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreck View Post
In my head! Does that count? I'm just so stinkin' tired! Hoping for an energy burst to kick in soon.
This is me. I want to get things ready and I dream about having a sweet little space for the baby but I just can't keep up with the daily cleaning enough to even get that far. I hope maybe today DS can go outside and play with DH if it's nice and I can try to get more done, but I'm sure I can't get it to stay that way until the baby arrives... sigh.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:01 AM   #10
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

I dusted all the ceiling fans yesterday and it wiped me out. DH put shelves above our bed in anticipation of having to move the nightstand for the cosleeper. I've been on him for that for a while.

And mmmm, chocolate cake. Now I will have to make one here.