Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #11
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lets start a "nesting" thread..

I have the nesting bug!! I was taken off my "bed rest" yesterday and I cleaned our room top to bottom. I even vacuumed our walls, and then I dusted my vacuum. Yeah.. dusted my vacuum, LOL! We are currently looking for a new house to move into so it's probably a good thing that we haven't moved yet or I'd put myself into labor.

Advertisement

& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
*Amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #12
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow and I've already been nesting. I've made some nb gowns, lap tees, kimono tees, pants and jumpers. I also got all the other nb clothes we already had, and washed them and got all the stains out of them. I have them all organized, folded and put away too. Today I had DH get down the nb diapers that I had put away when DD#3 outgrew them. Since DD#3 has decided to potty learn, I went ahead and put way most of her diapers, and just kept out the AIO's and training pants out for now. I also pulled out some wool that I don't think I will be using, so I'm washing it now, and then I'm going to let it dry, shave it and list it on FSOT. I want to fund some more covers, and prefolds.

ETA- I think DH has been "nesting" too, he's been rearranging furniture, changing things around, and cleaning things out. I'm not complaining!

Last edited by staceyroo77; 04-03-2011 at 09:56 AM.
staceyroo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #13
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the nesting THOUGHTS...but I can't quite get the energy to DO the actual stuff...ROFL....does that count?
Old 04-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #14
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
I have the nesting bug!! I was taken off my "bed rest" yesterday and I cleaned our room top to bottom. I even vacuumed our walls, and then I dusted my vacuum. Yeah.. dusted my vacuum, LOL! We are currently looking for a new house to move into so it's probably a good thing that we haven't moved yet or I'd put myself into labor.
That's great news that you are no longer on bed rest!!! Glad you are able to get some things done now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyroo77 View Post
ETA- I think DH has been "nesting" too, he's been rearranging furniture, changing things around, and cleaning things out. I'm not complaining!
My DH has been doing this off and on too! It's great!!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #15
OneHotMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was on spring break all week, so I got lots of nesting done. Nursery is set up, except that I have to find curtains for the window. All baby clothes are washed and either organized in the dresser (nb and 0-3 month) or in totes in the closet. Went through DS clothes and toys, went through DH and my clothes and closets, got new curtains in our bedroom, organized DS craft stuff into those clear drawers so he can find it and it's not all over. Have a couple huge bags to haul to Goodwill, cause DH couldn't be bothered to do it, and have to keep nagging him to haul the huge old TV to my parents and get rid of the massive pile of boxes from the new TV/TV stand out that have been taking over my dining room for the past two weeks. Anyone know how to make your DH nest???? I need to figure that out
OneHotMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #16
*Amy*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DH needs some of this nesting bug that some of yours have!! He does nothing. I crawled up on a chair today to re-hang curtains since he didn't do it yesterday, and probably wouldn't have until who knows when. I actually like getting things done and not having a messy house, DH could care less.
& Baby # 3 EDD 8/30/13
*Amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #17
kvalentine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imasupernova View Post
Im in the nesting mode but my body and my children aren't allowing things to stay clean. I certainly can't keep up...

Trying to find a way to put my kiddos in storage for the next few weeks while they are on spring break...

my "kiddos" consist of one three year old human, 17 week old puppy and two evil cats and I think they are TRYING to make messes for me to clean up
Old 04-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #18
jenndoxx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's like I take a step forward then two steps back. I cleaned out the extra bedroom several weeks ago, but now it is completely jammed with stuff again. I hired a handyman to install some new closet doors in the 2 smaller bedrooms and our bathroom (haven't had a door on the closet in 6 years) and the handyman RUINED the doors, so we're out the cost of the doors and we are having to pay a carpenter to install different ones. GRRR! So DH's clothes are all stacked on the bed in the soon-to-be nursery and the baby furniture is all jammed in there to be out of the way for the installation. It's driving me nuts because I can't do anything in there until the closet doors are in.

I've been in nesting/cleaning mode for a while, so my house is in decent condition, just need to get caught up on laundry. I stored all of DS's outgrown clothes in spacebags and a lot of it has weird yellow spots, so I'm having to oxyclean-soak almost everything so it isn't stained.

I finally got DH to finish a dresser he started refinishing 5 years ago and that meant we were able to get rid of a junky dresser that we had in the new baby's room. He sat it on the curb and I did a "free" ad on CL and it was gone within the hour

It's getting down to the wire! My EDD is 1 month from today!

Jenn
Mom to two little boys
jenndoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #19
shreck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well after posting yesterday about being so tired, I woke up today with a huge energy burst. I cleaned house and did laundry all day long today only taking breaks to eat. It feels so good to have the whole house sparkling; too bad it won't stay that way long. I just took a nice long bath, and I'm gonna sleep good tonight!
shreck is offline   Reply With Quote