Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
NebraskaGirl82
Registered Users
seller

FFS vs selling for cheap- a line?

I am getting ready to list 20 or so BGE's and some are very ugly but still totally functional. They have stains, the aplix is pilly and the soakers have holes. They were used for like 3 years but the PUL is still fine and they WORK.

I am thinking with the stains I just can't sell them and should FFS them.

What is everyone's "line" for deciding selling for cheap vs FFS? Is it gross to offer these FFS? I hate to throw them away.

Advertisement

NebraskaGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: FFS vs selling for cheap- a line?

I am having the same internal dilemma right now. I have several I am about to part with. Some have stains, some have cracked/torn/delaminated PUL. Some the elastic is weak. I have decided to offer them FFS. I feel that I have gotten more than my money's worth from them and I'm sure there is someone who could use them better than I.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
ThreadsThatBind
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucy'sMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

If they are still functional, I would just list them for cheap and see what happens. Just be sure to show LOTS of pics and have very accurate descriptions of all the issues. Someone trying to build a stash will probably snatch them right up. And if they sit for a while and you want to get rid of them, move it to ffs. I don't think it's gross as long as you're honest about what you're offering.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #4
doodah
Registered Users
seller

yup, if they are still functional, list them and see what happens. There are mamas who are on a tight tight budget that are not picky at all about stains or holes as long as the diapers are still functioning. I know I shopped a ton of stuff when I first started that I was happy to have but maybe other people would have FFS. No hurt to at least try. If no one is interested, no one will pm. I almost always list stuff first and then move to FFS. I have had a few shocks when some mamas where really excited about stuff that I felt bad about even trying to list. As long as you are thorough with pics and descriptions. You could also do a ISO/IHA. Some of my stuff never sold but I had a lot of interest when offering for trades and that worked for me.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Whatever you're comfy with! Like if you just want them out of your house FFS, and someone will pick them up!
If you think someone would want them, then just put LOTS of pics! It's better to OVERstate the shortfalls when FSOT!
Old 04-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I started out we had no money and I didn't care about stains or holes as long as the diapers worked fine. I tend now to offer really cheap or give away since so many people helped us in the begining. Paying it forward.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know I'd pay a little for diapers in that condition-- I am a stain warrior & can redo elastic/velco, so as long as they FUNCTION they'd be useful for me.

To me, FFS is for when you want to help someone out with a blessing. A lot of people's (myself included) first diapers come from FFS, so hopefully you wouldn't turn them off.

Take good, accurate pictures, would be my only advice.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #8
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

take good accurate photos but I totally think you could sell them.Just make sure to accurately describe them.
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #9
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would probably list them on craigslist for cheap and get cash and be done with it. If I were selling diapers in very used condition I wouldn't want to have to deal with shipping and then worrying if they buyer had remorse when they saw them in person.

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #10
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Have you considered donating them and taking the tax benefit? You would get more value than selling cheap/FFS, do a good deed, and not worry about buyers remorse.