Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #11
eapoosmama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: shampoo??

i use natures gate lavender and aloe...for years, no problem.

Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #12
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We looooooooooove Dessert Essence! We get it from the Frontier co-op here on DS.
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:38 PM   #13
momma X5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow...vinegar seems to have so many wonderful uses..never imagined they'd be for my hair too!!
momma X5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:48 AM   #14
WooKid
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveThyScent View Post
Bars do lather very well, but I tried the burts they were awful for lather. Always look for one that has castor in it though, that gives great lather and coconut oil. Not all surfactants are bad unless your allergic. I know I can't use sulfates or it breaks my scalp out like crazy.
This is VERY helpful information--THANK YOU for sharing. I will make a point to look for those ingredients. I'm currently trying out the "no-poo" routine myself, but the kids aren't game and I need to find some good shampoo options for them!

Been trying several brands. Gonna keep at it. In the end, it seems like everything just boils down to trial and error....
WooKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #15
corrielainedd
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I tried Dr Bronners, liked it at first, but as you said, my hair was nasty!
I tried No pooing, with baking soda and ACV, loved it! But it took too long to get all the BS where it needed to be in my very long thick hair!

SO! I got shampoo bars from DressGreen on etsy! LOOOOVE!
They lather sooo nicely, smell delicious! And my hair is awesome! I still use ACV rinse. I highly suggest trying them out! Plus, every time you buy something, they send you a freebee! Like a sample of a different cent shampoo bar, or their face bar. Last time I purchased like $70 of stuff, and I got a free body sugar scrub!

I also LOVE their body cream/lotion! Their charcoal and rosemary facial soap, and their facial serums!

My friend tried their stuff and is addicted now too!!
SAHM/WAHM to DD1 born Nov. 20, '08, and DD2 Oct. 12, '10. Expecting #3 end of Jan 2015 (team green) wifey to my wonderful DH !
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cor...20931291290000
corrielainedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #16
maieranne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really like the shampoo bars from "heart of iowa soapworks" via Prairieland Herbs. I use the Plain unscented due to my scalp psoriosis and it has worked wonders. My stylist has told me my hair feels better and asked what I have been doing different.
http://www.prairielandherbs.com/
Old 04-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #17
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

I tried no poo, and it didn't work for me. Then I tried JR Liggett bar shampoo -- I bought mine from Amazon.com. It was definitely better than no poo. But my hair is pretty hard, and even with the ACV rinse, it just never felt clean. I gave it about a month, before finally giving up and going back to regular shampoo. One of these days I am going to try again on finding a natural shampoo that works on my hair.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #18
LoveThyScent
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJules View Post
I tried no poo, and it didn't work for me. Then I tried JR Liggett bar shampoo -- I bought mine from Amazon.com. It was definitely better than no poo. But my hair is pretty hard, and even with the ACV rinse, it just never felt clean. I gave it about a month, before finally giving up and going back to regular shampoo. One of these days I am going to try again on finding a natural shampoo that works on my hair.
It's really not your hair though. REAL soap isn't meant to be used on hair, because the PH is quite different. That is why you use a acv rinse, but even then it can't remove all the buildup from the soap. Eventually it can harm your hair down the road.
LoveThyScent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #19
jmcdonald
Registered Users
seller

I tried the no shampoo thing and it didn't work for me. I personally didn't like it. With that being said I love Forever Livings Aloe Jojoba shampoo which is a ph-balanced aloe-rich formula. However it does come in a plastic bottle They also have an avocado face and body soap bar that I love it. I've never used it on my hair but I don't see why you couldn't. You can contact me for my distributor website if you're interested
jmcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #20
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am, as always, a big fan of SallyeAnder soaps. I no-poo, so I haven't used their shampoo bars, but I love their body bars, facial soaps, baby soap, & Hogwash! for stains in clothing (especially wool!).