Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Last Baby Syndrome?

Is this anyone else's last baby? I am soooo, sooo sad that I will never get to be pregnant again I realized today, I am 31 days from full term...and after that, no more sweet baby kicks to feel! I am so truly thankful for these two babies I am the mother of (out and in utero), and I know there are tons of women who would be happy with just one, but I always dreamed of having three. My husband is adamant, to the point he has already said one of us is getting "fixed" I just wish I could be at peace about it, and just be happy with my blessings that I do have

Advertisement

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
gypsykutz
Registered Users

Re: Last Baby Syndrome?

This will likely be our last, and I've been thinking alot about that, too. I'm sooo uncomfortable and so ready to be done being pregnant, but then I get sad about it! This pregnancy was a health risk for me, and while everything has gone really well, I really don't think we'll be trying this again! This sounds very cliche, but enjoy every moment of your pregnancy! That's what I've been telling myself when I'm laying in bed and feel those now not-so-little baby kicks. Plus I can't wait to meet this little guy, so that helps with the "being done" part!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

Yep, having the same feelings here! DH says we are 100% done. I'm not quite ready to accept that. I am very much trying to stay stress-free and enjoy every moment. It is getting a little harder with the aches and pains starting and starting to worry about labor but I love my little guy and my girls and just can't imagine not doing it one more time.

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
SchatziB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm good with two and didn't make the choice until we were pregnant with this one. DH only joined me on board a few weeks ago so I've only had two weeks or so to scoop up all those "This is the last" moments. I do feel like I am not noticing enough or documenting enough though. Which makes me a bit sad

Well here we go again!
SchatziB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #5
Mama4Ways
Registered Users

This is hopefully not our last, however, realistically, it may be given our age and such. I am still having a hard time realizing Im pregnant and havent totally gotten into that yet, so its odd thinking that this may be the last... I feel like Im missing the whole 9 months anyway, but don't quite know how to change that.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #6
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is definitely our last, and I can't say I'm sad in the least. LOL!!!! I am at that point in pg where I'm ready to be done, and considering it takes me 6-7 years to gear up and get baby fever for another one - yeah, no way am I doing it again at 41-42. LOL!!!

Last edited by mich*mommy; 04-03-2011 at 06:23 AM.
mich*mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:03 AM   #7
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I feel a little sad about it sometimes. We agreed that we don't want anymore children and I know that I probably don't want to go through the difficult first 1/2 of pregnancy again. It's just hard to say "I will never be pregnant again." I agree that mostly what I will miss are those sweet little kicks and all of the wonderful, blissful anticipation of who my LO is going to be when he or she arrives! I know they will be wonderful memories. I am trying to write things down in my journal and that's why I wanted to do a belly cast.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:09 AM   #8
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think we are both at the "I think this is the last one" stage, but neither of us knows for sure. I do think there is a very real possiblity this is my last, so I am trying to enjoy it and I will DEFINATELY be cuddling/holding this baby as much as I possibly can when she gets here!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #9
pieceofjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This will likely be our last. We are both content with 2 children and need to focus on ourselves (school, careers, etc.) before we can even THINK of having another baby.
With that said I am a little sad because I am only 24. And to be done having kids at 24 is a little weird. DH was going to get fixed but I told him we were too young for that, so it will be an IUD for me indefinitely.

pieceofjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #10
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I am 99% sure #6 is my last. I had originally not planned on being done, but with everything he is going through I am terrified to have another. I am also 24, but turn 25 this month.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote