Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
ahenson
Registered Users
seller

UPDATE - FOUND THEM! (ORIG: So upset! Just realized I didn't get dipes in :( )

**UPDATE** I found them. They were in a storage tub (with all kinds of random things) that didn't get put in the boys' room and was stored in the garage. SOOO glad I found them. Ahhhhhh! Sorry for the confusion and worry for the other mama, who was glad in willing to help me track them down. Thanks, mamas, for letting me vent -- I think I need some ice cream and de-stress time. ****

-------------------------------

Not 100% sure yet, more like 85%, but I think some diapers I bought back in January never arrived! I don't know for sure, and I think maybe they must have gotten lost in the mail, but I wouldn't have even realized until I went to delete some of my old PMs so my box wouldn't be full.

I thought I had bought more than I had in my drawer, and I am really hoping that somehow I misplaced them when we moved at the end of January (just down the street, and we have the same UPS mailbox address, no change there), but I didn't post feedback for the mama either. I always try to post same day they arrive after I check them out. So I think they didn't get here.

It was for 10 dipes and it was almost $100. I want to cry. Not mad at the mama *at all*, but I just wish I had been paying more attention to the package on this one. I PMd her just now and I'm hoping she still has the tracking info (I didn't get it in a PM and the shipping lady wouldn't do DC for some reason), but she has TONS of positive feedback, so I am thinking they are lost if I didn't misplace them. Just needed to vent!!!

**The mama DID get insurance with tracking on these, btw, just to make that clear. She didn't do anything wrong with shipping them -- my fault for not keeping up with / checking on the last dipes I got.

Advertisement

Baby #3 due September 2015!
Check out my hand engraved and handmade jewelry: http://www.rococo-riche.com

Last edited by ahenson; 04-03-2011 at 04:52 PM.
ahenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: So upset! Just realized I didn't get dipes in :(

did you check you paypal?

DS rules, are that seller has to ship with DC...
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
did you check you paypal?

DS rules, are that seller has to ship with DC...
this. IMO there is NO excuse not to get DC!

I did the same thing as you once (though luckily mine was only for 1 diaper) and was kicking myself! By the time I noticed, it had been WELL over 45 days I really hope you find them and they just got misplaced when you moved
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:14 PM   #4
ahenson
Registered Users
seller

I am hoping so too! The mama said the post office wouldn't let her do insurance and DC. And I checked my Paypal to make sure I had actually paid her (yep), but there is no tracking or DC info. I am really, really hoping she kept the insurance info, so I can see if I received them, and if not, because the USPS site says 180 days from mailing date is the time to claim a lost or damaged package.

At least I still have a few weeks before my EDD to get some more in my newborn stash.
Baby #3 due September 2015!
Check out my hand engraved and handmade jewelry: http://www.rococo-riche.com
ahenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahenson View Post
I am hoping so too! The mama said the post office wouldn't let her do insurance and DC. And I checked my Paypal to make sure I had actually paid her (yep), but there is no tracking or DC info. I am really, really hoping she kept the insurance info, so I can see if I received them, and if not, because the USPS site says 180 days from mailing date is the time to claim a lost or damaged package.

At least I still have a few weeks before my EDD to get some more in my newborn stash.
what this coming from out of country? I don't see how the USPS post office would deny insurance and DC unless it was going out of country
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #6
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I don't understand why they would not allow DC and insurance.

I am so sorry, though, mama. I hope this can be resolved soon.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #7
doodah
Registered Users
seller

well its too late to try and get a pp refund. It must have been a really crazy time for you to forget that you spent $100 but I don't see that you have recourse right now since it has been months (even if the mama sent without DC). I only keep my DC receipts for 40 days (the pp refund period). I do follow up with my buyers to make sure people got their stuff but some mamas never confirm yay or nay and I can't hold onto every receipt forever. Anyway, hope they turn up.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
Mommyk8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Usually Insurance is the DC since it tracks and you have to sign for the package or pick it up at the PO so it is redundant to do both.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #9
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyk8 View Post
Usually Insurance is the DC since it tracks and you have to sign for the package or pick it up at the PO so it is redundant to do both.
This is NOT true. Insurance is insurance--if the package is lost or missing the PO will pay $$ for the package. DC is just an electronic delivery confirmation that tracks the package as it travels & then updates when it is delivered. It DOES NOT require a signature or in-person pick up.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #10
jenndoxx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
well its too late to try and get a pp refund. It must have been a really crazy time for you to forget that you spent $100 but I don't see that you have recourse right now since it has been months (even if the mama sent without DC). I only keep my DC receipts for 40 days (the pp refund period). I do follow up with my buyers to make sure people got their stuff but some mamas never confirm yay or nay and I can't hold onto every receipt forever. Anyway, hope they turn up.
This. I can't imagine spending that much money and not knowing whether I got it or not. I say this because I am always super excited when I know I've got a package coming my way, regardless of what it is or how much it cost. However, if I dropped 100 bones on something from a FSOT seller, you better believe I'm gonna know whether I got it or not. I hope you can track them down! It would make me nuts not knowing.

Jenn
Mom to two little boys
jenndoxx is offline   Reply With Quote