Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2011, 08:52 AM   #91
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: JuneBirds 2010 April Chatter

Nothing new here! Cooper is still really sick!

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #92
VibrantBlue
Registered Users
Formerly: jlepitzki
seller

I hope Coop gets feeling better!

Some friends of ours had their baby on Wednesday and they named her....Violet Eleanor! I thought it was such an original name, apparently it was a good one
VibrantBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:27 AM   #93
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Been kinda quiet for the past few days. I just wanted to share - I'm pissy and grumpy and DH is gone and I have no one to talk to...so here it goes

Went to the ER because I was cramping and I lost 5 lbs between Wednesday and Friday.

They did an ultrasound and saw something, but because they had no idea how to use the machine it was kind of pointless. They said "either you are only 6-7 weeks along or the baby died weeks ago. I see a flicker but I can't confirm that it is an actual heartbeat because I'm not sure about this machine and an ultrasound tech should do this" however the OB is swamped so basically they sent me home and said either the baby is dead or it's not but we are too busy unless you start bleeding....yaye me.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:57 AM   #94
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my gosh Mer! :bighugs: Seriously...they are too busy?! Praying that the doc was an idiot and didn't know how to read the machine. I am so sorry that they totally brushed you off like that. So they just sent you home and said to come back if you bleed? I think I would go park my grumpy arse in the er and demand to be seen! That is TOTALLY unacceptable!

I am so done with April vacation! Seriously done. The kids have been stuck in the house since last friday because everyone is sick. (which is a whole nother rant!) I keep foregetting to get P's meds so she has been off of it for 3 days now! When I am off my meds I can literally pick someone's eyeballs out! So now she is angry, irriatable and just annoyed! I feel bad! DH has been working till late at night...The weather sucks and I want to move somewhere hot

ok I am going to back out and run and hide in the corner
Old 04-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #95
VibrantBlue
Registered Users
Formerly: jlepitzki
seller

:hugs; Mer, I'm so sorry they left you hanging like that. It really doesn't seem fair. I would call the ombudsman or customer care representative at the hospital and complain. It's not right to mess with people's emotions like that.
VibrantBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #96
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
Nothing new here! Cooper is still really sick!
Poor little guy. I hope he's feeling better by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VibrantBlue View Post
Some friends of ours had their baby on Wednesday and they named her....Violet Eleanor! I thought it was such an original name, apparently it was a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeCo7707 View Post
Went to the ER because I was cramping and I lost 5 lbs between Wednesday and Friday.

They did an ultrasound and saw something, but because they had no idea how to use the machine it was kind of pointless. They said "either you are only 6-7 weeks along or the baby died weeks ago. I see a flicker but I can't confirm that it is an actual heartbeat because I'm not sure about this machine and an ultrasound tech should do this" however the OB is swamped so basically they sent me home and said either the baby is dead or it's not but we are too busy unless you start bleeding....yaye me.
Oh Mer... I can't imagine that feeling. I can't understand their treatment of you either. I don't understand why some people brush off early pregnancy and all that as if it's nothing important. I hope you can get an answer soon. that there's nothing wrong.
I do remember having cramping at that point with Levi's pregnancy, waking up a couple days later with a bigger belly. Maybe stretching and growing cramping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
I am so done with April vacation! Seriously done. The kids have been stuck in the house since last friday because everyone is sick. (which is a whole nother rant!) I keep foregetting to get P's meds so she has been off of it for 3 days now! When I am off my meds I can literally pick someone's eyeballs out! So now she is angry, irriatable and just annoyed! I feel bad! DH has been working till late at night...The weather sucks and I want to move somewhere hot
BTDT, just a few weeks ago during our spring break!

AFM: Happy 1st Easter, JuneBugs!

Just had easter morning with my parents here - fun! The kids and I are going to the city with my parents for the night in a hotel (DH has to work tomorrow). My parents are flying out tomorrow morning, I'll take the kids to a couple stores and make our way home. It's been a really great visit with them - I was kinda worried, based on the last time we saw them, but they've been great with the kids, lots of attention for all of them, together and one-on-one.

Levi was up until midnight last night - never figured out why - so he's still asleep this morning. Just like Isaac's first christmas, he's sleeping in, lol.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #97
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tam - Sorry everyone has been sick!

Elena - Glad the visit with your parents went so well!

AFM: Still massively nauseated, and I gained a few lbs back, I'm also still as bloated/showing as I was before so I'm going to side with the nurse that checked me in and say I was just really dehydrated.

AFH: Holy cow the developmental progress this week is CRAZY. We have two little power wheels bikes one for each of the girls, we got Henna's for free so we mostly expected her to just push it around. Well this week she figured out how to get on it off it and how to hold down the button to make it go! She also has suddenly gotten into books and she can recognize what parts are the "feeling" parts of the page. Which is a big deal as she has never showed interest in books before.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #98
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cooper got his first tooth. He's getting so big!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #99
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Mer: Oh my gosh! I hope all is ok I would demand to be seen, seems they wouldn't be able to do that to you!

Wow, she can really move now lol. Does she know how to stop it?

Elena: Enjoy your hotel stay/shopping time. Stinks to say goodbye though.

Tamera: He beat Addi to the tooth! I really thought he was going to wait until she got hers Is she the last toothless one? I really never thought she would be this close to a year for a tooth! I mean, I knew it happened, but I had never known anyone IRL that was that old before a tooth. BUT I can see the white lines, like the top of the two front teeth. So I doubt it will be much longer.

AFM: Addi is getting closer and closer to mobility. She rolls all over the living room now. She will get on her tummy and try to reach really far to get something in front of her and tries to push with her toes...then her bottom goes in the air and throws her off balance I wish I knew how to explain it better, it's so funny!

She has been extra fussy the past 4 days or so. I am kinda chalking it up to teeth though. She is not a fussy baby at all, so it is unusual. But she is acting ok otherwise and no signs of being sicko.

She absolutely refuses to nurse now She is down to once a day. She will nurse early in the morning fresh out of bed as long as I am still in bed. But she will push me away and try to get away if I try at all during the day. So I guess I will be happy if we make it to a year with at least the 1x per day. I wouldn't have minded making it farther, but she doesn't want too. I was so eager for her to take a bottle and now she doesn't want me. DH says she is like everyone else and just wants the easy way. But on an upside, she is gaining weight better now then ever before. She should double her birthweight in the next month or 2 I was getting worried she wouldn't double by 1. She is 13lbs, 8oz....she just needs to get to 14lbs to double

We are TTC this month...I O in a few days. Wish us luck

Last edited by solarbabies; 04-24-2011 at 09:31 PM.
solarbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #100
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Mer, KUP oh, and write a nasty letter

Tam, I am actually about spring break being over tomorrow. I miss my 2 in school soooooooo much and it was nice not "having" to do anything, even though we ended up busy a few days. (and even though I will be sad when they are back in school tomorra, I admit, the punching and fighting is getting on my nerves )

Elena, glad you had a great visit! Levi was prob so excited! Kailani keeps himself up when he is having fun.

Jessica, were you upset at all about them using her name?

Mer, I know what you mean about the dev stuff. This week has been crazy with Kailani as well. He started playing a game with himself (hiding an easter egg behind his head, saying, "ah? ah?" then pulling it out and looking at it and laughing hysterically and doing it again and again. He was doing this in a corner by himself, so he wasn't trying to play with anyone else) and now we show him something once, like how to put a ball in the ball tube or whatever and then he does it. He has also started pushing me away if I am trying to help him eat or drink or get him from the stairs....he's being very independent. I also figured out today, "mam" sometimes means, "up". He went to my niece today and was standing holding on to her saying, "mam" "mam" and getting on his tiptoes for her to pick him up...she said to him, "I am only 4, I can't hold you" LOL. I was right there, so he wasn't saying, like, "I want my mom" and he didn't get why she didn't pick him up (she is teeny and he is not, heehee).

I need to teach K how to drink from a straw. So that when we are in the car, he can have some water. He drinks from a normal cup at home (and won't let me help him, <sigh>) but for the car, no way! Esp bc I only put in teeny amount at a time. I got the "playtex lil grips straw cup" and it is supposed to teach them how to suck from a straw but he doesn't get it. If i fill a reg straw with water and stick it in his mouth, he uses his tongue to control the flow of water, but he doesn't get the sucking thing at all. I have tried other straw cups and sippy cups (which I don't want to use at all) and he has no clue.

AFM: sry I haven't been on. I am in a ^&$#@ mood. I don't want to be nice. I am sick of certain things in my life that I can't change and thus feel trapped. So, I am not good company. I also wonder if my progesterone is low again (hence the reason I am feeling soooooooo pregnant with my periods) bc my moods are really ragey, etc. I am being nice to the baby (cuz how can I feel annoyed at that perfect cutie? ) and somewhat pleasant to the kids, but I pretty much feel hateful to everyone else right now, lol

sorry Shannon, we posted at the same time. babies sometimes go through nursing strikes at this age. If you want her to keep nursing, keep offering. Or if you are supplementing, use a cup, not a bottle, so if she wants to suck, she has to nurse.
Good luck this month!

Last edited by bluedaisyma; 04-24-2011 at 09:33 PM.
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote