Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2011, 07:35 AM   #101
VibrantBlue
Registered Users
Formerly: jlepitzki
seller

Re: JuneBirds 2010 April Chatter

Mer - how are you doing?

Shannon - good luck!

We are just starting Easter break here, so we will have the next week off from school. Im hoping it goes smoothly, we'll be busy anyway. I have to take the kids to my parents' on Thursday because we will get the results from DDs genetic testing then. DH has to work, so it'll be a solo trip again (4.5 hours each way). I really hate driving, especially with screaming children.

Jul - I am not sure what to tell you about low progesterone. I know that the bc I'm on in progesterone only and I'm still nuttier than a squirrel turd. So I don't think the extra progesterone helps me any at all. Lots of to you and I hope that you are able to get back to feeling yourself

We're heading out of town today to go watersliding and get some things for renovations. I have a u/s on my stomach to check for pancreatitis tomorrow at 10, which sucks because I can't eat anything before it. Given that DD was up at 5:30 this morning, that's a long time to go without anything to eat (or coffee)!

I had something else to say and now I can't remember it...darn brain fog.

Advertisement

VibrantBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:02 AM   #102
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
Mer, KUP oh, and write a nasty letter

Tam, I am actually about spring break being over tomorrow. I miss my 2 in school soooooooo much and it was nice not "having" to do anything, even though we ended up busy a few days. (and even though I will be sad when they are back in school tomorra, I admit, the punching and fighting is getting on my nerves )

Elena, glad you had a great visit! Levi was prob so excited! Kailani keeps himself up when he is having fun.

Jessica, were you upset at all about them using her name?

Mer, I know what you mean about the dev stuff. This week has been crazy with Kailani as well. He started playing a game with himself (hiding an easter egg behind his head, saying, "ah? ah?" then pulling it out and looking at it and laughing hysterically and doing it again and again. He was doing this in a corner by himself, so he wasn't trying to play with anyone else) and now we show him something once, like how to put a ball in the ball tube or whatever and then he does it. He has also started pushing me away if I am trying to help him eat or drink or get him from the stairs....he's being very independent. I also figured out today, "mam" sometimes means, "up". He went to my niece today and was standing holding on to her saying, "mam" "mam" and getting on his tiptoes for her to pick him up...she said to him, "I am only 4, I can't hold you" LOL. I was right there, so he wasn't saying, like, "I want my mom" and he didn't get why she didn't pick him up (she is teeny and he is not, heehee).

I need to teach K how to drink from a straw. So that when we are in the car, he can have some water. He drinks from a normal cup at home (and won't let me help him, <sigh>) but for the car, no way! Esp bc I only put in teeny amount at a time. I got the "playtex lil grips straw cup" and it is supposed to teach them how to suck from a straw but he doesn't get it. If i fill a reg straw with water and stick it in his mouth, he uses his tongue to control the flow of water, but he doesn't get the sucking thing at all. I have tried other straw cups and sippy cups (which I don't want to use at all) and he has no clue.

AFM: sry I haven't been on. I am in a ^&$#@ mood. I don't want to be nice. I am sick of certain things in my life that I can't change and thus feel trapped. So, I am not good company. I also wonder if my progesterone is low again (hence the reason I am feeling soooooooo pregnant with my periods) bc my moods are really ragey, etc. I am being nice to the baby (cuz how can I feel annoyed at that perfect cutie? ) and somewhat pleasant to the kids, but I pretty much feel hateful to everyone else right now, lol
Totally me! Except I am only nice to Coop. I am so bleepy to the kids. I hate feeling like that. So which hormone surges right before AF comes? Whatever it was I want it again. For the first time in years i actually wanted to :hehe: I missed my ob check up so I didn't get to ask her to check my hormones. Speaking of OB's her ddaughter is on my DD's soccer team...how awkward

gotta run BBL
Old 04-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #103
VibrantBlue
Registered Users
seller

Tam - I think there's an Estrogen increase and then an LH surge, but I don't remember 100%
Old 04-25-2011, 12:40 PM   #104
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

the more I read about it, the more I am certain. Esp bc it can keep you from getting pregnant. I heard the yam cream is good, but Idk if it is ok with nursing. I assume so, esp if you can be on progesterone bc while nursing, Jess. And if my body is LOW on it, making it normal should be just fine. I have to find a chance to get to a store and find some. Target didn't have any and I haaaaaaaaaaaatteeeeeeee walmart. Maybe wegmans will have it! Food wise for progesterone they said eat lots of veggies and also exercise, so that is prob part of the reason it got low (that and stress). wow, I am still venting. I don't even like myself right now, lol
Old 04-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #105
MeCo7707
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The baby has a heartbeat

I am however only 6 weeks along, so I'm not due until December
Old 04-26-2011, 09:41 AM   #106
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeCo7707 View Post
Elena - Glad the visit with your parents went so well!

AFM: Still massively nauseated, and I gained a few lbs back, I'm also still as bloated/showing as I was before so I'm going to side with the nurse that checked me in and say I was just really dehydrated.

AFH: Holy cow the developmental progress this week is CRAZY. We have two little power wheels bikes one for each of the girls, we got Henna's for free so we mostly expected her to just push it around. Well this week she figured out how to get on it off it and how to hold down the button to make it go! She also has suddenly gotten into books and she can recognize what parts are the "feeling" parts of the page. Which is a big deal as she has never showed interest in books before.
Thanks Mer!
I'm so glad you're feeling pregnant and all that still - that's gotta be a good sign. I remember with our losses I stopped feeling pregnant really quickly, just sick and sad then.
WTG Henna! It's so fun to watch them figure all this stuff out, eh? Levi started pushing a ball to people - he did it with my mom, so that was nice for her He loves books, but that's not a surprise seeing as how everyone else in the house does - he's always seeing one or more of us with our nose in a book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
Cooper got his first tooth. He's getting so big!
He held off a long time on it, though, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabarnes View Post
Elena: Enjoy your hotel stay/shopping time. Stinks to say goodbye though.

Tamera: He beat Addi to the tooth! I really thought he was going to wait until she got hers Is she the last toothless one? I really never thought she would be this close to a year for a tooth! I mean, I knew it happened, but I had never known anyone IRL that was that old before a tooth. BUT I can see the white lines, like the top of the two front teeth. So I doubt it will be much longer.

AFM: Addi is getting closer and closer to mobility. She rolls all over the living room now. She will get on her tummy and try to reach really far to get something in front of her and tries to push with her toes...then her bottom goes in the air and throws her off balance I wish I knew how to explain it better, it's so funny!

She has been extra fussy the past 4 days or so. I am kinda chalking it up to teeth though. She is not a fussy baby at all, so it is unusual. But she is acting ok otherwise and no signs of being sicko.

She absolutely refuses to nurse now She is down to once a day. She will nurse early in the morning fresh out of bed as long as I am still in bed. But she will push me away and try to get away if I try at all during the day. So I guess I will be happy if we make it to a year with at least the 1x per day. I wouldn't have minded making it farther, but she doesn't want too. I was so eager for her to take a bottle and now she doesn't want me. DH says she is like everyone else and just wants the easy way. But on an upside, she is gaining weight better now then ever before. She should double her birthweight in the next month or 2 I was getting worried she wouldn't double by 1. She is 13lbs, 8oz....she just needs to get to 14lbs to double

We are TTC this month...I O in a few days. Wish us luck
We really had fun at the hotel with them, yesterday was hard. Saying goodbye is never easy, but this time was harder than others for some reason.

Our friends' DD was over a year before she got her first tooth. It definitely happens! I wouldn't worry about it unless she was getting close to say 18 months with no sign of teeth or something like that.

Hey, I never ever crawled - I was up on my hands and knees once (and my mom happened to snap a photo of it) and then never again. I only ever rolled everywhere. I'm fine now, FTR
Sorry about the fussies - hopefully it'll quit soon. It could be the teething, but did you start giving her the allergy meds? I wonder if she's feeling some sort of discomfort or something as a side effect of it?

I tend to agree with Jul about the nursing - if you want to continue it, keep offering even if she's refusing during the day, and don't give her bottles for anything. Even a sippy cup or straw cup doesn't give that same sucking feeling as a bottle. If she's wanting something I'd offer to nurse, if (when) she refused, give her a cup but no bottles.

Good luck with the TTC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
Mer, I know what you mean about the dev stuff. This week has been crazy with Kailani as well. He started playing a game with himself (hiding an easter egg behind his head, saying, "ah? ah?" then pulling it out and looking at it and laughing hysterically and doing it again and again. He was doing this in a corner by himself, so he wasn't trying to play with anyone else) and now we show him something once, like how to put a ball in the ball tube or whatever and then he does it. He has also started pushing me away if I am trying to help him eat or drink or get him from the stairs....he's being very independent. I also figured out today, "mam" sometimes means, "up". He went to my niece today and was standing holding on to her saying, "mam" "mam" and getting on his tiptoes for her to pick him up...she said to him, "I am only 4, I can't hold you" LOL. I was right there, so he wasn't saying, like, "I want my mom" and he didn't get why she didn't pick him up (she is teeny and he is not, heehee).

I need to teach K how to drink from a straw. So that when we are in the car, he can have some water. He drinks from a normal cup at home (and won't let me help him, <sigh>) but for the car, no way! Esp bc I only put in teeny amount at a time. I got the "playtex lil grips straw cup" and it is supposed to teach them how to suck from a straw but he doesn't get it. If i fill a reg straw with water and stick it in his mouth, he uses his tongue to control the flow of water, but he doesn't get the sucking thing at all. I have tried other straw cups and sippy cups (which I don't want to use at all) and he has no clue.

AFM: sry I haven't been on. I am in a ^&$#@ mood. I don't want to be nice. I am sick of certain things in my life that I can't change and thus feel trapped. So, I am not good company. I also wonder if my progesterone is low again (hence the reason I am feeling soooooooo pregnant with my periods) bc my moods are really ragey, etc. I am being nice to the baby (cuz how can I feel annoyed at that perfect cutie? ) and somewhat pleasant to the kids, but I pretty much feel hateful to everyone else right now, lol
Oh I kwym about the independence! His newest thing is climbing the basement stairs on his own. Oy.
Levi's still saying "up", and says dog and cat now too. The other day he tried to say "myles" (our dog's name). his little voice!
I just kept trying with the straw and Levi got it eventually. Now he's good to go - which is very nice! We have a couple sippy cups at home, but I like straw cups for on the go, and of course every restaurant has straws. Much easier.

Hope you get it figured out and get feeling better. Hormones are such a *****, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VibrantBlue View Post
We are just starting Easter break here, so we will have the next week off from school. Im hoping it goes smoothly, we'll be busy anyway. I have to take the kids to my parents' on Thursday because we will get the results from DDs genetic testing then. DH has to work, so it'll be a solo trip again (4.5 hours each way). I really hate driving, especially with screaming children.

We're heading out of town today to go watersliding and get some things for renovations. I have a u/s on my stomach to check for pancreatitis tomorrow at 10, which sucks because I can't eat anything before it. Given that DD was up at 5:30 this morning, that's a long time to go without anything to eat (or coffee)!
Good luck with the break, driving, and the test results
Where are you going for watersliding?! Have fun, even with the u/s.

AFM: I don't know why, but this time saying goodbye to my parents and coming back from the city without them has been really hard. I was actually all right to give them hugs and say goodbye at the hotel. but I was all right. They left about 8am and the kids and I stayed until noon (check out time). I kept seeing the time and thinking about where they'd be, doing what - like getting to the airport, boarding, etc. I was all right though. We all got ready, got packed up, the kids played the last hour in the big play structure in the hotel, then we went and got the few things we were looking for there - just a book for DH and the kids had $$ to buy something at toys r us... that took a while, lol. Then we grabbed something to eat and started back.
Ruth and Isaac fell asleep almost right away. I was planning to stop about an hour out anyways, and Isaac woke up a few minutes before the turn off and gagged a bit - I pulled over, yanked him out of his seat and sat him by the doorway of the van. Once he got some air he started feeling better. We carried on. When I stopped (just maybe 5 minutes later) Ruthie jumped out of the van and sat on the grass along the parking lot, feeling sick too. We sat in the van (doors open) while I nursed and changed Levi, then Ruth and Isaac were feeling better. I think they were just hot and thirsty and hadn't had enough air movement - they both sit in the back row of the van and there's not much air back there without the windows open. We went into timmy's, used the washroom, and got everyone drinks. That seemed to help and we carried on.
I was really all right until we hit the town north of here - where we go for groceries and everything else. Then suddenly I just didn't feel like I was coming home, I felt like I was leaving my home. I started feeling so incredibly sad and started crying off and on. That hasn't stopped yet. Once we got the kids in bed last night I just crawled off to bed with Levi and stayed there until an hour ago.
I don't know why this time is so different. In the beginning, when we first had moved from my family (so like 10yrs ago) visits were really hard and I had a hard time with every goodbye. But it got easier and easier (as sad as that sounds) and the past few times saying goodbye haven't really brought any tears - just kind of a sad sigh and we carried on with life without the visitors as usual.
This one is hitting me so hard though. I don't know if it's just because it's been nearly 2yrs since I've seen my parents, or because it was a really great visit... I have no idea. But this sucks and I hope I can get out of this sadness soon.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #107
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeCo7707 View Post
The baby has a heartbeat

I am however only 6 weeks along, so I'm not due until December

I'm so happy for you Mer!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #108
VibrantBlue
Registered Users
seller

Meredith that's great news!!

Jul - How are you doing today?

Elena - I'm sorry you're feeling so down after your visit. Hopefully you can arrange one again soon.

Nothing new around here. I tried on some skanky shorts at Winners yesterday that made me feel remarkably old
Old 04-27-2011, 11:17 AM   #109
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Jessica. I'm feeling a bit better today - less depressed, just a bit sad and melancholy. May not sound like an improvement but it is! I got outside with the boys yesterday afternoon for near 2hrs, I'm sure that helped me, too. I had to force myself to get dressed and go outside, but it was definitely worth it once out there. Got a bunch of sleep last night - I was nearly falling asleep with Levi on the couch while listening to Ruthie do her homework reading, after she went to bed I crawled in with Levi (not yet 9pm), slept until 12:30 when he woke. Unfortunately he wouldn't settle at all and thus followe 2hrs of screaming at me. But then we went back to sleep until morning. Though I'm not sure (and a little scared?!!) of why I'm falling asleep at 8-9pm I'm thinking it's just from being up late visiting with my parents and the stress of them leaving.
I am really hoping they'll visit again this summer, but we'll see.
about the shorts! Don't let them make you feel old - just sexy! Buy them for a little ??!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #110
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies...ROugh time for me (whats new) Just feel pretty down and worthless. I have supported DH in his career, job moving whatever and now I just feel like crap. I have been out of a job forever just being a sahm (which I royally suck at) I am so jealous because DH is going to go back to school for his masters degree. When will I get to do what I want to do? When can i do something that makes me happy? I feel like I am in a deep dark hole with 3 kids clawing me, flighting with each other, fighting with me and the whole world is walking by looking down and going on about their day not giving a rats arse! I have talked to DH about it and he just doesn't get it and if he does he doesn't care. I saw my psych today and she switched me meds and really urged me to quit bfing with hopes it will help and that we can do different meds if these dont work.
Like everything is too much for me right now. I cleaned the kitchen yesterday and nobody can lift a friggin finger to help keep it clean. The stupid dog pulled trash all over the kitchen, peed everywhere and DH acts like it is no big deal!

Just frustrated.
To add fuel to the fire I have Coopers cold so i feel like crap!
So if I wean him what do I give him? He wont drink formula (i tried)