Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2007, 03:36 PM   #11
sienna
Registered Users

Re: WDYT? Is circumcision genital mutilation? graphic

no difference in my mind.

S

Advertisement

Old 03-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #12
DayDreaminMama
Banned
seller

I think its offenseive for someone to say that i who have 3 cicr'd sons have mutilated them...
The difference is that my son's circ is my convenet with god and what they do to girl's has nothing to do with that, it is that cultures religon or practice a way to make sure a women can feel no sexual pleasure and are faithful to there husbands
Case in point if it was the same then i guess we would do it so men would get no sexual pleasure..which obiviously circ'd men do

I just wish we would stop talking about our son's private's ..It get's so old after a while
Old 03-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #13
mommabug42006
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by png_lovebirds View Post
I think this horse has been beaten death already.

I know that I don't appreciate people saying that I've mutilated my son's gential area.
I believe that everyone is entilted to their own opinions just like you think that non vaxing mommas are putting your child at risk for a disease, some others believe that circumcision is mutilation. Everyone believes that they are doing what is best for THEIR child.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:50 PM   #14
NaturalMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDreaminMama View Post
Case in point if it was the same then i guess we would do it so men would get no sexual pleasure..which obiviously circ'd men do
This is one of the original reasons that circumcision was started. It was thought to decrease sexual gratification and it was also thought to help prevent masturbation. So in a way, many people do circ for that reason, they just don't know it because the reasons for it have changed.

Last edited by NaturalMama; 03-24-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #15
NaturalMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabug42006 View Post
I believe that everyone is entilted to their own opinions just like you think that non vaxing mommas are putting your child at risk for a disease, some others believe that circumcision is mutilation. Everyone believes that they are doing what is best for THEIR child.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #16
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDreaminMama View Post
I think its offenseive for someone to say that i who have 3 cicr'd sons have mutilated them...
The difference is that my son's circ is my convenet with god and what they do to girl's has nothing to do with that, it is that cultures religon or practice a way to make sure a women can feel no sexual pleasure and are faithful to there husbands

I just wish we would stop talking about our son's private's ..It get's so old after a while
I agree here... and I have to add.. I dont want ppl pointing their fingers at me and my choices.. mutilated?? come on now.... Im not even going to get into this... my son my choice.. your son .. your choice... Ive read the pros and cons for both...and then made my choice... I bet you did / will do the same....
Old 03-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #17
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

However, girls who have not been circumcised are considered "unclean" in many cultures, and can be treated as harlots by other women. Many men believe the folklore which says they will die if their penis touches a clitoris.

.......Yes.. I would like to go on record... my dhs penis did not fall off.......
Old 03-24-2007, 03:58 PM   #18
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it is but most people who do it don't think so.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
Old 03-24-2007, 03:59 PM   #19
Steve's Wife
Registered Users
seller

I don't think there is a whole lot of difference, but FGM seems more severe. I've read that since Gid commanded the Jews to circ their sons, it cannot be mutilation b/c God wouldn't command us to do something that was mutilation. I still don't think we're going to circ.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:05 PM   #20
kochanyk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm NOT pro-circ... my lil man is intact- but this is a ridiculous & offensive post. The difference is that the girls whom experience mutilation can no longer feel sexual pleasure, or it's EXTREMELY retarded by these practices... whereas circ may take away some sensitivity, but certainly not to the same extent.