Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Shipping to canada

Can someone fill me in on shipping to Canada? What is the general extra cost? Can it be done through paypal? How do you get tracking? I see some mamas don't like doing it, why is that? I have a canadian mom interested in some stuff I have listed. Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 04-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Shipping to canada

There is no tracking unless you ship via priority medium flat rate and above so it is is pretty pricey. Otherwise you do get a customs # but that doesn't confirm the package was delivered so you are taking a risk in that regard since there is no proof that the customer received their package. There is also the time it takes to ship (some reports of up to 4 weeks)
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
snugsboutique
Registered Users
seller

PP is right and the parcel could get hung up in customs or even lost.
snugsboutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

The difficulty with shipping to Canada is that there's no cheap option with which you can get delivery confirmation, which leaves you as the seller without protection if the package never arrives, or if the mama says it never arrives. Paypal will always side with the buyer if there's no delivery confirmation in a dispute. Speaking as a Canadian mom, the only time I've ever had a package disappear is when a WAHM mislabelled it with the wrong address, but that doesn't mean that the risk isn't there.

It does take longer, but so long as the Canadian mama is ok with that (most of us expect it - I don't start looking for packages from the US until 3 weeks have passed) it's a non issue. I have had packages arrive sooner than that, once even within the week, but that's not the norm.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah it looked like priority was the cheapest way to send it because of the weight 21 oz, but the mama said usually it is only a dollar or two more and I can't seem to figure that out.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy View Post
Yeah it looked like priority was the cheapest way to send it because of the weight 21 oz, but the mama said usually it is only a dollar or two more and I can't seem to figure that out.
It's only a dollar or two more IF it goes first class. Priority is going to be a LOT more expensive. If it's too large to go first class (and I think 13oz is the limit) then it'll be priority and yes, it's more expensive.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote