Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
Mom2Finn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Etsy feedback question

So I ordered about sixty dollars worth of stuff from an Etsy seller. A few days later I get two big packages from her but neither have the items I ordered. I contact her and she had shipped my stuff to another lady and me her stuff. She asked me to mail the other lady her stuff. I did and got my stuff and she refunded me what I paid to mail the lady her stuff. But no other money back really no I'm sorry. I was peeved but I am also pregnant and super sick and cranky so could be totally overreacting. Would you still leave positive feedback?

Advertisement

Mom2Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
emmaluv+1more
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Etsy feedback question

I agree that she should have apologized, but I would try to remember that everyone makes mistakes. Since you received your items and didn't lose any money on the situation I would still leave positive based on the items themselves. She didn't rip you off, scam you, give you awful customer service or deliver an item that wasn't what it should have been. IMO, those are things that would deserve negative fb, not an honest mistake. If you honestly don't feel she deserves positive I would just not leave feedback at all.
emmaluv+1more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Hmn... no apology or anything is very unprofessional IMO. As a WAHM, I probably would have offered a 10% refund or so, along with a sincere apology.

I definitely wouldn't leave negative... truthfully, I would probably leave positive and just mention there were problems with shipping but it was rectified. Or neutral if it's really bothering you and you really think she should have dealt with it better. Then it doesn't affect her feedback percentage, but the info is there for others to see.

I can definitely see how mistakes like this are made - if I have multiple orders going out the same day, I double and triple check to make sure everything gets the right mailing label on it, then I still get paranoid that I'm going to mess something up. I think the key is how she handled it once it happened - mistakes do happen, even WAHMs and etsy sellers are human - but at the very least she should have apologized.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
Mom2Finn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You guys are right. I think it seemed like more of a pain because I have really really bad morning sickness so it was hard to go and mail things. But I will try and be a nicer person than I am currently feeling like and will leave positive.
Mom2Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't expect any additional money back...but I would expect an apology.

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
snugsboutique
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsis View Post
and I would leave a neutral feedback or even a negative feedback for not appologising. It's an honest mistake but she should still say sorry for it.
snugsboutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsis View Post
This!

And I'd go for positive feedback, just mentioning that there were some problems which were rectified in a timely manner.