Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2007, 07:17 PM   #1
Mom2Gray
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Finding a more "natural" pedi

We are about to move to a new, much larger city, and the thing I'm MOST excited about it getting away from ds' current pediatrician, who rubs me the wrong. way. (There are only 3 pedi's in our current (podunk) city, and I dislike them all equally, so I just used the one the hospital assigned to him at birth)
My question is this - how do you go about finding a good pediatrician who is agreeable to more "natural" parenting (i.e. delaying vax's, supporting BF'ing, etc)???? Like I said, we're moving to a pretty big city, and I don't even know WHERE to begin!!!

Advertisement

Mom2Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Finding a more "natural" pedi

call a local laleche league They are usually more natural and can probably help you with a refferal
Old 03-24-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
somersocial
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhomemom View Post
call a local laleche league They are usually more natural and can probably help you with a refferal
That is a great idea! I am going to try that here!
Old 03-24-2007, 07:30 PM   #4
Mom2Gray
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhomemom View Post
What a great suggestion! I never even THOUGHT about finding a la leche league chapter there....we don't even have one within 2 hours of where I live now, and I was way bummed to find that out.
You've got me really excited now, mama! Thanks!
Mom2Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:39 PM   #5
amandaev
Registered Users
seller

Well, this may sound strange...I went to http://cogforlife.org. It is a "Catholic/pro-life/anti vaxing type web site. There is a link on the left hand side of the page that says, "find a pro-life Doctor". I know you are probably thinking, "what does this have to do with he price of tea in China?" Well, Pro Life Doctors are usually anti vaxing on account of the aborted fetal cells used in some vaccines. Anti-Vaxing leads to a more natural approach on health care. I was skeptical at first. But I just took my DD to the family practice Dr. that the cogforlife.org recomended to me and I coul not be happier.

I took my DD in b/c of a sore throat. Usually Dr.s hand out an ibiotic Rx like it's candy or something. This Dr. did a strep culture on her to make sure she had strep before he gave her an Rx for antibiotics, and then he told me not to give it to her for the whole 10 days. That I could probably get away with giving it to her 3-5 days. My kids past pedi's have ALWAYS stressed to give them antibiotics for the full 10 days (which I never did ).

Anyways, give it a shot, whether you are pro vaxing or pro life or not, I found a pretty good natural homepathic (sp?) Dr. So, I'm happy!
Old 03-24-2007, 08:45 PM   #6
shell015
Banned
seller

Ya know I just called different docs and asked the receptionist the dr. age I found one that was in his late 70's and he is awesome. DS has had several issues and he always refers out when needed, but usually tries a natural cure before something else. He is 100% our CDing and a friend of mine has a school aged child that couldn't receive vaxs and he wrote a note to the school explaining that it couldn't happen in Dr. Language. He runs everything by me and explains what and why he is doing what he's doing. I just really like him.

I never thought to call AP moms clubs or anything. My first thought was the older the better. LOL
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:00 PM   #7
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I THINK I found my holistic ped thru MDC--the Find your Tribe section has a listing of ped recommendations. I also did a google search for holistic peds and homeopathic peds in the area. They both came up w/ the person I'm with now. My dr. works in a building w/ a chiro, homeopath, nutritionist and masseuse--prob. any of those people could direct you to a more natural-based dr. Then just interview them and give them scenarios and ask how they'd treat it.
Of the two I had to choose from, one was more into acupuncture and Chinese herbs, while the other leaned toward homeopathy. We went w/ the latter.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:22 AM   #8
Twoplussixis8
Registered Users
Formerly: granolamama5
seller

My Mood:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AP_Doctor_Referral/

Gluten-free "LIVING" can be a pleasant experience with a "good attitude"

http://glutenfreefoodsrock.blogspot.com/
Twoplussixis8 is offline   Reply With Quote