Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #11
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly TTA chat 4/4-4/10

ooo so there are a few of us! I added everyone up till this point..hope you dont' mind the colors, the plain black was bothering me lol!

AFM-So, we dtd late sat night/sunday am and dh didn't pull out (a little drunk following a friends wedding reception) and said "and theres number 4!" like it'd be fine...ugh! he drives me crazy sometimes! I'd happily have another...in a few years, right now would be hectic but i'd manage. Basically i want to know..one way or another. He was suppose to get a V, hasn't got it yet, hasn't even made an appointment, and I am not preventing. I wasn't really having fertile fluid so i figured it was nothing..and it probably was nothing..but then, monday and tues i had watery cm, and tuesday at like 11am i got a near positive opk and all day felt kinda crampy like o pains..no idea though if i'm in the 2ww or not, as i havnt' gotten ppaf yet

and i realize i just used a bunch of computer talk so i might make a key with the list for abbreviations lol!

Advertisement

Old 04-06-2011, 07:53 PM   #12
SazBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cool, just found this forum! Thrilled to have some other mamas in the same boat as far as TTA!

Here's about me-

I'm Sazbaby (Robyn)
I have 2 daughters- E is 2 1/2 and G is 5 mo.
I *think* we are done having kids... I would love a third but don't see it happening, and it's probably somewhat irresponsible for us right now as we are trying to bounce back from a 3 1/2 mo hospital stay out of state for DD1 who had to have emergency surgery for a congenital heart/airway issue, and we haven't even dealt with the bills yet.
We've talked about DH getting a V but haven't done anything about it. We reluctantly use condoms (can't STAND them) the very few times we have DTD since DD2's birth. I don't want anything hormonal since I'm planning to do extended BF, and am dying to get away from condoms... but we're no longer in the "if it happens, it's ok" camp...

Looking forward to lots of talking here!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:36 AM   #13
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:

well lets see...I'm still not 100% sure of what's going on with my cycle which is kind of annoying! I've had 3 AFs since my baby was born so far and they seemed normal but I haven't been able to temp regularly since baby is still waking up in the night every once in a while. And my CM doesn't seem as "obvious" as it did prepregnancy. Could this be from the breastfeeding? Anyway. I think I am gearing up to ovulate but could be wrong lol. Hasn't mattered this week though bc hubby has had an insanely busy week and has just wanted to sleep so no reason to really worry about it

How's everyone else doing?
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #14
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ooh, add me! My name's Amanda.
I have an almost 6mo (on the 17th!) son.
DH and I aren't really using anything to avoid right now since my cycles haven't come back yet. We're kind of using LAM, except I don't technically fall into that category since I had some spotting a couple months ago, which *could* have been af but I'm sure it wasn't. I also chart STM and we'll prolly be using that to avoid once my cycles come back (if I don't get pregnant first ) but for now I have pretty constant cm, and we're not patient enough to wait. If we were following the rules for STM then we would have been abstaining for over a month now. We're totally opposed to using artificial birth control, so we just risk having another baby instead.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #15
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
ooo so there are a few of us! I added everyone up till this point..hope you dont' mind the colors, the plain black was bothering me lol!

AFM-So, we dtd late sat night/sunday am and dh didn't pull out (a little drunk following a friends wedding reception) and said "and theres number 4!" like it'd be fine...ugh! he drives me crazy sometimes! I'd happily have another...in a few years, right now would be hectic but i'd manage. Basically i want to know..one way or another. He was suppose to get a V, hasn't got it yet, hasn't even made an appointment, and I am not preventing. I wasn't really having fertile fluid so i figured it was nothing..and it probably was nothing..but then, monday and tues i had watery cm, and tuesday at like 11am i got a near positive opk and all day felt kinda crampy like o pains..no idea though if i'm in the 2ww or not, as i havnt' gotten ppaf yet

and i realize i just used a bunch of computer talk so i might make a key with the list for abbreviations lol!
How funny or frustrating..however you want to look at it. My DH is adamant about no more kids, but he'll forget to pull out then start worry about it afterwards about how "I" need to be doing something. Now wait a minute, it is a two way street here. I'd wouldn't be upset if we had an oops even though the timely wouldn't be the best, but come on now. It is just so hard reading my body since I still haven't had the first PPAF. My cervix is high one day then low the next. I'll have fertile CM with a low cervix. What is that all about?!? You are definitely not alone in wondering what the heck is going on!!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #16
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Totally joining - i am surrounded by pregnant women and babies and although it TOTALLY makes me wish i had a little newborn - i feel the strong need to be surrounded by those who aren't trying to create one!

My UN is Mags462 (Maggie)
I have three boys - 5, 3, 16mo
I have a Paragaurd IUD

DH is DONE with babies. He won't even remotely entertain the idea. And although i agree that right now our "plates are full" with the 3 we have - i would love a 4th down the road. I highly doubt he changes his mind, BUT in a perfect "i get to have it the way i want it" world i would conceive in July or August of 2012 and have a 4th son in April or May 0f 2013.

You ladies are my heroes relying on NFP and pull out. I am too chicken to do that. DH even glances my way and i end up preggers.

Last edited by Mags462; 04-08-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Mags462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #17
kjo
Registered Users
Formerly: kjwa***n
seller

Sorry, just kind of jumping in here....I am soooo TTA right now as we probably won't have anymore biological kids but we are super serious about it. No pull out method here. Even if you actually pull out it doesn't mean a lot. That's how we got DS1 but we were just in a 'not preventing' phase b/c I had fertility problems at the time. I can't take birth control b/c it makes me a mean person and I don't have periods on it. We are considering having DH get the surgery but we are still pretty young 27 & 30. We haven't had to do a lot of 'preventing' lately b/c I've been working nights and DH works days but tonight is my last day of work...WOO HOO! Anyone considering a permanent decision? I'm mostly worried about the cost of the procedure. Okay...off to work
kjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #18
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was amazed at all the people who said they avoid with pull-out method. Is that effective (honestly curious)? How do the husbands feel about it? Also curious about who picks the method in your family. With us, my husband goes along with whatever I decide in the family planning department.

Its really nice to have this forum and read everyone's stories. I was starting to frequent the TTC forum before this one was created and it was really giving me the urge to TTC but this calmed me down a little
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #19
Cathypie
Registered Users
seller

I'm Cathy and I have 2 lovely girlies right now. Aurora will be 2 in June and Valeria is 4 months. I haven't had a PPAF yet but I'm trying to pay attention to CM. It's hard because I'm not sure what I'm looking for yet. I once thought I O'd but I never got AF and got a BFN so must not have. I guess you could say we TTA with condoms but they don't make it on in the beginning. Probably not the most reliable way to use them but whatever. DH wants to wait a few years to have another but I'm afraid that baby will feel left out if there's a huge age gap. I would be fine with it if I knew I could have 4 close to 3. However, 4 isn't even agreed on. We're young though. Who knows what's in store for us. I actually like being pregnant and giving birth (figure that out) and the thought of being done makes me want to cry. I want one more at the very least.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #20
Kirsie
Registered Users
Formerly: Kir***m
seller
seller

My Mood:

user name: Kirsie
how many kids do you have? 3- Kennedy (7), Riel (3), Karis (1)
method of tta? Temping/ Charting. But more realistically I have a military husband who is never home.
when will you ttc, if at all? We're in negotiations. He would have a hundred more but I'm pretty worn out from single parenting these 3.