Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #21
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly TTA chat 4/4-4/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutandmunchkin View Post
It is just so hard reading my body since I still haven't had the first PPAF. My cervix is high one day then low the next. I'll have fertile CM with a low cervix. What is that all about?!? You are definitely not alone in wondering what the heck is going on!!
one day one thing, one day another...it's frustrating. While I enjoy not having a period, i also don't want to be caught off guard at some inconvenient time

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelise View Post
Could this be from the breastfeeding?
Yes, bf'ing and jsut plain having a child can alter the fluids you make naturally. After our second child was born, s3x was uncomfortable for me, till a friend said something about using ky..i never thought young people needed that and now, oh my gosh, it's my best friend! lol! (can't beleive i just shared that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXkjo View Post
I can't take birth control b/c it makes me a mean person and I don't have periods on it. We are considering having DH get the surgery but we are still pretty young 27 & 30. We haven't had to do a lot of 'preventing' lately b/c I've been working nights and DH works days but tonight is my last day of work...WOO HOO! Anyone considering a permanent decision? I'm mostly worried about the cost of the procedure. Okay...off to work
i get mean and moody on bc too, and my drive goes way down..no use in using bc if you never do it lol! My dh is also on nights so we mostly dtd on weekends or if kids are down for a nap or very interested in a movie and we can sneak away. We are 26 (me) and 31 (dh)

Quote:
I was amazed at all the people who said they avoid with pull-out method. Is that effective (honestly curious)? How do the husbands feel about it? Also curious about who picks the method in your family. With us, my husband goes along with whatever I decide in the family planning department.

Its really nice to have this forum and read everyone's stories. I was starting to frequent the TTC forum before this one was created and it was really giving me the urge to TTC but this calmed me down a little
ditto! I was hangin out in ttc, and starting to feel the wanting to ttc..gotta stop visiting there!

For us, I choose what i do with my body. I've carried 3 children, and since i wouldn't mind another, i chose not to prevent. Dh is well aware, and makes the choice for himself. If he was deadset against another child, i'd assume he would wear a condom, or call urology for a V (which is suppose to happen, but he is too lazy to call)...so i'd bet within a year i'm pregnant again if we keep "whatever"ing, which is ok with me (and he said he would not be upset about). I did have a mirena iud in for 3 months and it made me feel crazy and many other side effects, and dh knew in advance of when i was getting it removed (i was never going to get it anyways, he was suppose to the get the V after our son was born...last May)

Advertisement

Old 04-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #22
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXkjo View Post
Anyone considering a permanent decision? I'm mostly worried about the cost of the procedure. Okay...off to work
No, our religous beliefs do not allow for that. BC is OK, anything permanent is not. But i have many friends who's DH have been nipped. BIL just had it done two months ago. If it were an option for us, DH probably would have signed up while i was still in the hospital recovering from DS3 birth!

Quote:
I was amazed at all the people who said they avoid with pull-out method. Is that effective (honestly curious)? How do the husbands feel about it? Also curious about who picks the method in your family. With us, my husband goes along with whatever I decide in the family planning department.

Its really nice to have this forum and read everyone's stories. I was starting to frequent the TTC forum before this one was created and it was really giving me the urge to TTC but this calmed me down a little
Yeah, the TTC forum is evil And i choose the BC method in our relationship. DH said he is willing to do whatever, as long as it equals not getting pregnant. The IUD seems to be great so far, but he has made it clear that condoms and no intercourse during fertile days is totally fine with him too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathypie View Post
I actually like being pregnant and giving birth (figure that out) and the thought of being done makes me want to cry. I want one more at the very least.
I am not such a fan of being preggers, but giving birth is one seriously awesome experience, and it saddens me to think i probably will never do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsie View Post
He would have a hundred more but I'm pretty worn out from single parenting these 3.
I really don't know how you military wives hang in there. DH used to travel for work - so be gone for a couple weeks at a time and i thought THAT was hard. I couldn't imagine being by myself with the 3 for months.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:47 AM   #23
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

This is what I got for failure rate for withdrawal method. It says it can have a 4% failure rate when used exactly right and 27% failure rate if used incorrectly:

This method is estimated to have a 27% failure rate annually among typical users. That means that every year, over 1 in 4 people using withdrawal as their only method of birth control will get pregnant. Failure rates will be lower for couples using withdrawal in combination with another method. Perfect users can expect a failure rate as low as 4%, which actually compares favorably to many other methods. See table of contraceptive failure rates... Withdrawal has a 31% annual failure rate for teens because they typically have less practice using this method effectively. More about birth control failure rates for teens and young adults...

When I get my PPAF back, we are definitely going to use condoms during high fertility times.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:52 AM   #24
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy Saturday! My ODD turns three tomorrow and we're having her b-day party today. Thank God it's only a few family and friends. The house is still a mess. How do you guys keep your house cleaning with little rugrats running around? I swear, I clean then five minutes later it's a disaster. I'm still in awe that my baby is getting so big.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #25
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutandmunchkin View Post
Happy Saturday! My ODD turns three tomorrow and we're having her b-day party today. Thank God it's only a few family and friends. The house is still a mess. How do you guys keep your house cleaning with little rugrats running around? I swear, I clean then five minutes later it's a disaster. I'm still in awe that my baby is getting so big.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DD!

And the house doesn't get clean during the day. I pick up the messes during the day, but don't stress too much. I do things during the day like laundry, cleaning bathrooms, etc.I don't spend all day focused on cleaning, but i will get up and tell the boys "OK, i am going to do X, play nicely".... the baby usually follows me around, but i just keep small toys on hand for him to sit on the floor and play with in whatever room i am cleaning. 4pm hits and we get "serious" Thats when all the toys get put away, vacuum comes out, etc. DH gets home around 5 and can typically expect everything clean, put away, dinner almost ready, and kids playing happily in their rooms. But its taken YEARS to get down a system that works. So do not stress about it. Start small - choose one thing thats important and focus on a way to get that under control, then branch out. And of course there are days when the house is a disaster, the kids are crying, and i am still in my PJ's because it's been one of "those" days. No one is perfect....

Oh and i only have 1400 sq ft to clean - its MUCH easier to stay on top of than say my friends 2700 sq ft house!

Last edited by Mags462; 04-09-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Mags462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:39 AM   #26
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can I play? :-)

Name: crunchymom2b (Alycia)
1 Kid: Tommy (9/7/09)
Method: Condoms, Charting
TTC?: when DS is around 3

I had Mirena put in at 6 weeks PP but starting having nasty side effects. Once I figured out it was that I had it removed about 2 weeks ago. I've been charting for my own beneift mostly, just so I know when to expect AF and to get to know my body better. I charted when TTC DS and it worked in two cycles along with OPKs. DF is adament about not getting pregnant anytime soon so we're using condoms every time. I'd be *very* happy with an oops though!

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:29 AM   #27
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok so I this morning totally had a dream I got a BFP, and last week I had a dream I gave birth to another little boy.... hmm maybe I should poas just in case... although I'm quite sure I haven't O'd yet.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #28
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b View Post
I had Mirena put in at 6 weeks PP but starting having nasty side effects. Once I figured out it was that I had it removed about 2 weeks ago.

Isn't it crazy the side effects that thing can have?! The pamphlet they give you and info doctors have is misleading, but when i started digging around online i felt a lot better that it wasn't my imagination and actually seems pretty common. I had a friend get hers put in the same week i did in Dec and she was going through the same things, mood changes, violent thoughts (thankfully not acts!), weight gain, no s3x drive, any the list goes on and on. (we both got it removed with in 3 months of insertion)
Old 04-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #29
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama View Post
Ok so I this morning totally had a dream I got a BFP, and last week I had a dream I gave birth to another little boy.... hmm maybe I should poas just in case... although I'm quite sure I haven't O'd yet.
eh why not? do you keep a stash of test?

i have a bunch of wondfos i got off amazon, opks and hpts, just to try to see if opks matched up when i think i might be o'ing. And ofcourse, hpts just incase. I poas hpt every few weeks since i have no cycle...i dont want to be on "I didn't know i was pregnant" lol!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:26 AM   #30
crunch!910
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b View Post
Can I play? :-)

Name: crunchymom2b (Alycia)
1 Kid: Tommy (9/7/09)
Method: Condoms, Charting
TTC?: when DS is around 3

I had Mirena put in at 6 weeks PP but starting having nasty side effects. Once I figured out it was that I had it removed about 2 weeks ago. I've been charting for my own beneift mostly, just so I know when to expect AF and to get to know my body better. I charted when TTC DS and it worked in two cycles along with OPKs. DF is adament about not getting pregnant anytime soon so we're using condoms every time. I'd be *very* happy with an oops though!
Me too, me too. My first cycle after I took the Mirena out.. well, I got my period within a couple days (hadn't had a period the entire 6 months it was in), and I did not get my next period for 57 days - O'd on day 41!!! and then had a 17 day luteal phase!!! I knew there was NO WAY I could have been pregnant, but that had me worried because my normal is between 11-14 days. Imagine how WRONG my due date would have been if I had gotten pregnant! It'd be FOUR WEEKS off!

We started avoiding using NFP/FAM Last May. So we've almost been using the method successfully with no scares for a whole year.