Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #11
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone else "reluctantly avoiding"?

thanks for sharing mamas, its nice to know I'm not alone. I feel for you all whose DHs don't want another baby but you do. That must be a really hard thing for your family.

It's so hard to be patient. My hubby doesn't really get the concept of why BFing is so important to me (he's fully supportive I just don't think he gets what a loss it would be to me to not be able to anymore) so it kind of falls on me to persuade him every time that we need a condom. Very frustrating when I want another baby in the first place! oh well.

thanks for all the support everyone

Advertisement

loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #12
octoberblush
Registered Users
seller
seller

DH wanted another one as soon as we could DTD again after DD was born. I had to convince him that my body needed time to heal and get used to our first child. I want another but I want to enjoy DD being a baby first. I am trying to wait till next feb before TTC. right now DH is deployed so no prob BUT I asked him what he wanted for his bday that were celebrating when he gets back and he said 'another baby' lol so reluctantly avoiding but I know it is best for now. and if it does happen we will not be sad.
ISO- the remote. Always the dang remote.
octoberblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #13
Cathypie
Registered Users
seller

I'm not reluctant ATM but I know we don't have the same ideas on spacing. I really like the 18 mos age gap between my girls. DH wants to want a few years before we TTC again. That 3rd baby will be like the third wheel. I'm afraid the girls will be so close and the new (hypothetical) baby will be all alone. Maybe we'll have to have #4 shortly after #3 .
Old 04-07-2011, 04:44 AM   #14
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had baby fever since giving birth to ydd in May 2010, but DH is adamant that we'll only have two kids. I was lucky to get the second one out of him. He is currently going to school full time so I'm the only income so financial, it really isn't feasible, but I may be able to sweet talk him after her graduates next May 2012. I have two girls and the thought of not making one more go at just makes me feel that I will always regret not trying. I know there is no guarantee that we will have a boy, but I'd like to give it a try none the less. We're also only use the pull out method so there is always that glimmer of hope that an oops occurs, but I feel that's in God's hands.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #15
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep. I want one more, and dh is totally done. Sooooo for now just avoiding, but I'm not actively participating in that aspect. If he wants to avoid... it's up to him
Old 04-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #16
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I am kind of there too... I am starting to get the baby bug again. DS is 2 and really a handful, though, and I can't imagine homeschooling the three girls with him and a newborn next year! Just the thought scares me LOL! I have also worked my tushie off to lose my extra weight & I'm within sight of my final goal... I really REALLY would like to be at my ideal weight before TTC. And I have a feeling, once I get there, I might change my mind, since it's SO hard for me to lose weight. And we don't have a lot of space left in this house. Sigh.

But still... despite all the reasons why not... the heart wants what it wants, and mine wants another babe to love. Maybe someday.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #17
crunch!910
Registered Users

I want a spring baby, so we are waiting to TTC until July/August. Put it this way, DH has already made the comment that if we want one, why wait? (I just think he was thinking with the wrong head!)

I'm more strict though, because I REALLY want SPRING baby, NOT winter baby!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #18
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm right there with you. I'd love to have another soon but BFing is very important to me, especially since DS has dairy and soy intolerance. It could happen, though, because right now we're relying on lactational amenorrhea to suppress ovulation. Normally we use NFP but I've had constant cm for quite a while, and DH would prefer to just risk making another baby than abstain. I do chart, so I'll know when I finally O, but might not realize until after the fact.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #19
flufflovinmama
Registered Users

My DH says we are totally done too, but I do not agree. DS2 is 19 months now. I feel ready for another baby, but I also want a VBAC so bad! I'm hoping that if I wait until next year DH will change his mind, and I can have a successful VBAC.
flufflovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #20
Cathypie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910
I want a spring baby, so we are waiting to TTC until July/August. Put it this way, DH has already made the comment that if we want one, why wait? (I just think he was thinking with the wrong head!)

I'm more strict though, because I REALLY want SPRING baby, NOT winter baby!
I'm totally like this! I wanted a warm weather babe and we did exactly what I wanted with DD1. DD2 was a lovely surprise but I will be working especially hard at avoiding another winter baby.