Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #21
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone else "reluctantly avoiding"?

I never even thought of trying at a certain time so have a spring baby instead of a winter baby! Never even crossed my mind. I can totally understand wanting a spring baby though. My DD was born in October and it was a looooooong winter with a tiny baby. There's only so much you can do inside with a little one. And being extremely pregnant in the summer was definitely not fun. Well I want one ASAP after I'm done BFing though so I might have another fall baby.

Advertisement

loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #22
ArtieGeekMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm reluctantly avoiding. I've been ready for 2 years and we've been married for 3! DH wants to wait for our first, but I have kinda talked him into not TTA for our vacation in 3 weeks. I'm hoping that one chance will work, but I'm dreading knowing that it takes up to a year

Otherwise I'm reluctantly avoiding until April 2012 So I'm there with you gals!
ArtieGeekMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #23
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just found this forum, and its awesome. I'm definitely a reluctant avoider here. DS is 11 months old and AF has shown no signs of returning even though I have been working and pumping since he was 14 weeks old. He BFs on demand when we are together so I'm guessing I'm still not ovulating. Anywhoo, I'm not on hormonal BC but much to my dismay DH is religious about condom usage. He swears there won't be a third. I REALLY want another. We shall see how it goes!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #24
bcb1961
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am so glad I have found this thread. I have baby fever soooo bad. Like, to the point that I am buying diapers and maternity clothes for a 2nd pregnancy. I have decided (DH is ok with whenever) to wait until January to TTC, due to my work schedule. I'm dying here! LOL. I have mirena currently, and I plan on getting it out sometime early fall or so, so I can begin charting and get my body ready (also need to wean off zoloft). With DD #1 I got pregnant immediately after coming off the pill so hopefully it will happen right away. Anyway, I'm so glad I am not alone! Luckily DH does want a second baby (although not as bad as I do). I do worry about me wanting a 3rd and him not though. I'm pretty sure he will be done with 2 kids.
bcb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #25
averysydneymommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Reluctantly avoiding here. DD#2 is 1 today! We moved an hour away from our jobs for better daycare (grandma) and agreed to only live in our current location until I finished my master's degree.

The only thing is . . . he doesn't like to wear condoms and I don't want to do hormonal BC until I'm done breastfeeding. I have never had regular cycles (like once every 4 mos.) but got pregnant both times within a month after stopping the Pill.
Wife, Educator, Christian, frugalista, and trying to be more GREEN mama to DD1 (6/07) and DD2 (4/10)and TT#3!
averysydneymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #26
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by averysydneymommy
Reluctantly avoiding here. DD#2 is 1 today! We moved an hour away from our jobs for better daycare (grandma) and agreed to only live in our current location until I finished my master's degree.

The only thing is . . . he doesn't like to wear condoms and I don't want to do hormonal BC until I'm done breastfeeding. I have never had regular cycles (like once every 4 mos.) but got pregnant both times within a month after stopping the Pill.
Does any man?
Old 04-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #27
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
Does any man?
Unfortunately, my DH is very very consistent when it comes to that! Between my not ovulating regularly and his religious use of condoms, there will never be an oops! (I think an oops would be fun!)
NewbieSAHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #28
ArtieGeekMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieSAHM View Post
Unfortunately, my DH is very very consistent when it comes to that! Between my not ovulating regularly and his religious use of condoms, there will never be an oops! (I think an oops would be fun!)
I agree!
ArtieGeekMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:36 AM   #29
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Very reluctantly. My dd is 8 months old and I know if I got pregnant now I wouuld not be able to continue to bf (I have supply issues as it is). On top of that the idea of dealing with another round of HG sorta throws a wrench in things on top of all the emotional stress I have been through lately.

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #30
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
Does any man?
Unfortunately my DH is VERY diligent about condoms. I hate them! They make DTD no fun for me, but its either that or the big V for DH and I won't let him do that yet! I told him I would go back on hormonal BC when DS weans!