Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #11
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 34 weeks & looking for Bible Name Ideas

I have 3 sons with Bible names! That is our theme.
Noah Jude
Samuel Isaac
David Michael

Dont know boy or girl and have not come up with any bible names for new baby yet.

Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #12
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DH's parents were planning to have Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, but they had two kids and called it a day
Old 04-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #13
MamandÉlise&Muriel
Registered Users
Formerly: Mamandelise
seller

My friend named her son Thaddeus and I love it. He's an adorable 10 year with one of the most original names I've seen.
MamandÉlise&Muriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:09 AM   #14
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love almost every Bible name....problem is DH doesn't
Isaac, Jacob, Matthew, Samuel, Benjamin, Elijah
Delilah is my fav girl name.
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:20 AM   #15
dimples_giggles_1009
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our sons name is Micah but I've also seen it for girls...
I like Josiah Nathaniel for a boy
Old 04-06-2011, 06:32 AM   #16
youngmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DDC
We have an Elijah, Jeremiah, Andrew, Michael, John, Paul, Nathanael, and Luke in our family. But we have friends with kiddos named Silas, Cyrus, Noah
I am considering naming a future boy child Ezekiel Paul

Girls are much harder imo. I am really struggling with girl Biblical names. I might start looking at Hebrew names instead of Biblical.
We love cloth diapers , but I am a non-crunchy mommy.#3 due in Oct
youngmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #17
4girls3boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: 3boys3girls
seller

My Mood:

OP here, I think it's in my siggy, but if not; our youngest two are Noah Rebekah (a girl obviously w/ the mid. name Rebekah) and Elisha Isaac. And did you all know that there IS a girl in the bible named "Noah"? I found it towards the end of my pg. with her, and fell in love. I love pretty much all of the name suggestions. One thing is that I do not want to name my child something if I know someone with that name, or if we know someone with a child who has that name. So, that leaves out Aaron, Philip, Nathanial, Andrew, Gabriel, Micah, Abrahm, Seth, Luke, just for starters. Oh, I love the name Simeon, but shortly after the birth of our last baby (he's now 20m) my 11 year old son got a new Puppy and named him Simeon. I kind of didn't think I would be having another baby, and my son LOVES that name. I told him that Elisha's name was going to be Simeon, until my husband completely vetoed that idea. so, he rec'd the puppy ( a gorgeous Weimereiner <sp?) and I suggested he name the dog Simeon. i really wish I hadn't NOW. oh well.... SO ANYWAY, YES!... TO THE MAMA WHO SAID SHE WAS GOING TO BE LOOKING AT HEBREW NAMES. Noah is actually a popular Hebrew girl's name, so I've heard. I like the name Tzedequah, put pronouncing it is kind of too close to my other daughter's name, Danica. Well, thank you so much for the ideas so far. If anyone also would like to provide links to great baby name websites that would be great. I have much to consider! thanks mamas!
4girls3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #18
4girls3boyz
Registered Users
Formerly: 3boys3girls
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
DH's parents were planning to have Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, but they had two kids and called it a day
So, you are married to either Matthew or Mark, I take it! I can see myself naming a boy Matthew, but in fact I've been using Matthew as a middle name for every boy name I consider.

Here's one of our ideas for a girl: Ezra Elizabeth. some names I don't mind making "gender neutral". I like Ezra for a boy, but some pastor friends of ours just had a grandson, and his name is Ezra. despite that, I woud use it for a girl. I like Leah for a girl. Leah Elisabeth. mary is not a possibility. Nor is Eve (my oldest's middle name, "Holland Eve") Rebekah is out. Isaac & Isaiah can't be used. I love Josiah. I like Jesiah too, but unfortunately a young lady was murdered 3 years ago (in our very small town) and the man who did it is Jesiah, so No to that one. I like Kenan; I believe it's a male in the bible but I'd use it for a girl, too. Rachel is out. Daniel is our oldest's middle name. David is out. well, more later.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #19
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
They skipped around, so it's John (DH) and Mark

For girls, I love Judith and Lilith, although I think they are hard to fit on a little girl - you could go by Judy and Lily, though, until they were older. I find that the female biblical names, unfortunately, often conjure up the image of an older matron: Auntie Miriam or Grammy Ruth.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #20
Boheme
Registered Users
Formerly: happyve**n
seller

My Mood:

I know a little boy named Enoch and a young woman named Esther. Even though I'm not a bible person, I love both of those names. Definitely more unique than many of the bible names that are commonly used.

Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote