Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
OnAnnaTime
Registered Users

Somebody please tell my body to behave.

Cause it's not listening to me!

I'm currently on what seems to be cycle day 52. Negative HPTs. No sex near ovulation. I haven't temped, but my body has been SO regular for so long that the thought never crossed my mind!

DS is 18 months, my cycle started at 8m pp. Very regular, 30ish days. I used NuvaRing for several months, and was obviously regular then. I stopped using the NuvaRing in November 2010, had a cycle in Dec, Jan, Feb and that's it. Bam. No cycle for March, and no signs of it any time soon.

My only guess is this: DS is constantly nursing. He nurses all night, any time he can during the day. There have been some major stresses happening lately and I tend to struggle with food when that happens, so my weight has dipped. Could I have thrown my body back to lactational amnorreah (sp? Spell check has got nothin') if I lost too much weight? DS is gaining normally, and I've been making a conscious effort to eat better lately.

Does that seem like a logical conclusion? I am currently uninsured or I would make a dr appointment to have a blood test run. DH is in school until the end of May, so we are hoping he gets employed and insured by the end of June. Until then I'm sticking it out with Dr Google and nurses Diaper and Swappers, lol.

Advertisement

Old 04-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #2
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

Re: Somebody please tell my body to behave.

It could be the nursing or it could be the stress. When I started my first job at a big law firm, I was pretty stressed and my period disappeared for 90+days. Since then, I've noticed that whenever I'm stressed, I'm late and typically don't ovulate - I started temping after that first scare (I was 24, still in law school and scared to death of being pregnant.)
Old 04-06-2011, 05:05 AM   #3
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Somebody please tell my body to behave.

Stress will definitely throw off ovulation. Also your weight dip could have added to it as well. You do need fat to ovulate and menstruate. And by increased nursing, your prolactin level is probably up so another thing to throw everything off. Did you have any signs of o'ing any time during the 52 days? Well, if you've had negative HPTs, you're not preggo, but I'd still be super careful because it could still ovulate any time.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
OnAnnaTime
Registered Users

Guess what showed up this morning?! apparently posting this was the virtual version of taking an HPT (you know, cause you always start right after you waste a test, lol).

I did O in February, I know for sure. I get ovulation pains and my CM matched up. After that it was just crazy though.

Anyway, thank you ladies! apparently aunt flo just needed a kick in the pants, haha.