Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
May Flowers Daily Chat Apr 6

Morning!

Sorry girls. I had to leave bright and early yesterday so I didn't get to start chat.

Whats new??

Advertisement

Old 04-06-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Daily Chat Apr 6

Good morning. Tara, don't apologize. We're all capable of starting the thread in the morning. Seems like everyone else is either busy or getting a slow start today too!!

We've had a busy week so far! DS had a pre-school evaluation Monday to go to a developmental pre-school to help with his speech and social skills. Then I went to visit the pre-schools he might be attending yesterday. It all went well, just overwhelming. We find out Monday which school they are recommending. I am anxious to know. No plans today, thank goodness. We're taking it easy, maybe meeting DH for lunch.
justineybean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:57 AM   #3
saxychic247
CAUTION! Not responding to issues! File with paypal if waiting on items!

My Mood:

Good morning, ladies.

I had my 32 week ultrasound today where they were checking baby's growth... While I know it's good that baby *is* growing, it's alarming to me just HOW MUCH growing he's been doing. They estimate his weight at 5 lb 13 oz--which is how big DD was when she was born at 35 weeks... If he keeps gaining a half pound or so per week and makes it to full term... he's going to be almost 10 pounds. Sheesh... They were also saying how they may like to do another ultrasound in 4 weeks or so and talk about C-Sections if he was getting too big... I am a TOTAL surgery-phobe, so that's not something I want to even think about. Is it wrong that I'm (not so) secretly hoping that he comes at 35 weeks like DD so I can avoid potential surgery? He is head down already, which is good... Just freaks a mama out--or at least freaked this mama out. In other news, I'm just relaxing for the rest of the morning while DD is at daycare. I'm off on spring break this week from my morning job of teaching preschool, but I'm leaving her in daycare for the mornings, since the idea is it won't wreck her schedule as much.

Hope everyone else has a good day!
saxychic247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:01 AM   #4
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lindsey - Don't worry! And if you are not comfortable with it, I might not agree to a c-section because baby is "too big" because u/s are notoriously inaccurate for predicting a baby's weight, and who is to say that you can't birth a big baby anyway? Don't feel bad, I think I would be hoping for things to go differently too - like maybe an early delivery. I guess if they were right about baby's weight and he continued to gain 1/2 lb. a week he would be a pretty average weight by week 37. Everything will work out! ETA - enjoy your spring break!!
justineybean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #5
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Morning ladies! I cleaned house yesterday Still lots to do, but at least I made some headway! It seems to take me forever to get things done. It was a really pretty day so we planted our strawberries and tomato plants, hope they survive! It still may freeze at some point but I hope not. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean View Post
Good morning. Tara, don't apologize. We're all capable of starting the thread in the morning. Seems like everyone else is either busy or getting a slow start today too!!

We've had a busy week so far! DS had a pre-school evaluation Monday to go to a developmental pre-school to help with his speech and social skills. Then I went to visit the pre-schools he might be attending yesterday. It all went well, just overwhelming. We find out Monday which school they are recommending. I am anxious to know. No plans today, thank goodness. We're taking it easy, maybe meeting DH for lunch.
School is overwhelming, isn't it?? FX you get the one you want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxychic247 View Post
Good morning, ladies.

I had my 32 week ultrasound today where they were checking baby's growth... While I know it's good that baby *is* growing, it's alarming to me just HOW MUCH growing he's been doing. They estimate his weight at 5 lb 13 oz--which is how big DD was when she was born at 35 weeks... If he keeps gaining a half pound or so per week and makes it to full term... he's going to be almost 10 pounds. Sheesh... They were also saying how they may like to do another ultrasound in 4 weeks or so and talk about C-Sections if he was getting too big... I am a TOTAL surgery-phobe, so that's not something I want to even think about. Is it wrong that I'm (not so) secretly hoping that he comes at 35 weeks like DD so I can avoid potential surgery? He is head down already, which is good... Just freaks a mama out--or at least freaked this mama out. In other news, I'm just relaxing for the rest of the morning while DD is at daycare. I'm off on spring break this week from my morning job of teaching preschool, but I'm leaving her in daycare for the mornings, since the idea is it won't wreck her schedule as much.

Hope everyone else has a good day!
Don't worry too much! Ultrasounds can be off +/- a whole pound or so (did the OB tell you?) - it's just a rough estimate.

FWIW though, I have my growth U/S in a few weeks then you guys will be reminding me of this when they tell me he's like 14#. ROFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean View Post
Lindsey - Don't worry! And if you are not comfortable with it, I might not agree to a c-section because baby is "too big" because u/s are notoriously inaccurate for predicting a baby's weight, and who is to say that you can't birth a big baby anyway? Don't feel bad, I think I would be hoping for things to go differently too - like maybe an early delivery. I guess if they were right about baby's weight and he continued to gain 1/2 lb. a week he would be a pretty average weight by week 37. Everything will work out! ETA - enjoy your spring break!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
Morning ladies! I cleaned house yesterday Still lots to do, but at least I made some headway! It seems to take me forever to get things done. It was a really pretty day so we planted our strawberries and tomato plants, hope they survive! It still may freeze at some point but I hope not. Hope everyone has a great day!
Fun times! I just got two packages from friends and have to wash up some more baby clothes. LOL. Then I should probably put them all away....and maybe clean the house. But I'm hit with nighttime pg insomnia, so I'm exhausted all day long. UGH. I swear...can't win for losing sometimes!
Old 04-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Tara, hope you get some sleep tonight. I think you can take a sleep aid if you need one! I just thought I'd pop in and see what you all were doing! I listed some of the boys clothes FS, so now I have to divide up the playclothes into different piles for different friends~ when you have 2 of everything you have to find 2 different people to give clothes to And I just got the call from the delivery guy that our swing set should be here in about 20 minutes! Yay!!! I am so excited to get it! I don't know how long it will take us to put it together, but that is the plan for Saturday. Lets hope it's easy to put together b/c I am not the most mobile at the moment! Ha Ha! I am sure you all can picture the big preggo lady out there holding up poles, I will look so silly! I am SOOOO looking forward to spring, it's another windy day here, although the temp is okay, just too windy to go outside much.