View Poll Results: Circumcision polls, want one or not??
Yes, People need to talk about this! 38 24.52%
No, This has been beaten to dealth already! 108 69.68%
Other 9 5.81%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2007, 10:42 PM   #1
kimsclothkids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Circumcision polls: Yes or No

Personally, I am sick and tired of always seeing a circ poll on here. I think that talking and debating about it only makes people mad. I would love to see no more of them on here. I think it would be better for everyone who gets upset to just not talk about it! I think that it has been beaten to death on here. Really, if you want to talk about it, put something on your signature about being a non circing or circing parent and people can PM you about it. That way, no one has to get upset if they don't want to. What do you all think?

Advertisement

WOHM to NoahJacoband MeganLoving wife to my #1 man, Aaron I have a one of a kind family and a one of a kind life and I'm loving every minute of it!
kimsclothkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:55 PM   #2
ndunn
Registered Users
seller

Re: Circumcision polls: Yes or No

I do think that it should be discussed, but I don't think it should turn into a "quick lets get defensive", as someone else pointed out. We're all adults, we should be able to all express our viewpoints without everyone getting their panties in a knot.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

honestly the circ threads are well past their expiration date!
Old 03-24-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Beaten to death! Come on we all know how group A thinks its horrible & "mutilation" & group B thinks its not. There ya go ... time for a new topic
Old 03-24-2007, 11:02 PM   #5
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndunn View Post
I do think that it should be discussed, but I don't think it should turn into a "quick lets get defensive", as someone else pointed out. We're all adults, we should be able to all express our viewpoints without everyone getting their panties in a knot.

I think discussions pop up in cycles and I think if they can remain just that, a discussion, then it's a good thing.

If it's kept civil, it can be informative to get the facts, as well as others opinions. Opinions can be shared with out attacking each other.

Last edited by moonphishers; 03-24-2007 at 11:03 PM. Reason: typo
moonphishers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #6
eyelashes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

New members will always want to bring things up that have been beaten to death in the past, but that's okay, its a cycle and I think the threads are informative to those who may never have considered the issue before.

Having said that - I don't read them!
Old 03-24-2007, 11:18 PM   #7
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Honestly I think it needs to be talked about. How many people don't even know there is an option at all until some one says something? Wether your for or against it you have to admit that having the information available is important. I guess a sticky of informative websites could be posted to cover that need and then you could ban the discussions, but I can't see that happening any time soon.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:24 PM   #8
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

Beaten to death with a stick, then drug around behind a horse, pooped on, turned into mulch, grown as flowers then stepped on, as well as a few other topics that seem to cycle as the "hot topic".

I think the siggy thing is a great idea, for circing, vaxing, BFing, BWing, disicipline methods (nothing get heater faster then to spank or not to spank), CIO, etc.... Obviously anyone who feels very strongly one way about a certain subject doesn't start a thread for information (they obviously have their mind made up), they start it with the intention of a fight.

Now someone who is trying to decide and wanting information, it would be great, but then everyone takes the stance that because someone else does something differently then it must mean they think they are right and I am wrong attitude and threads get locked and feelings get hurt.

Last edited by lilmama2dsndd; 03-24-2007 at 11:47 PM.
lilmama2dsndd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:30 PM   #9
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Would it be more effective for you to just ignore the circ threads if you don't want to discuss it or to start a new thread about it because you don't want to discuss it? Hmmmmmm.......
momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:34 PM   #10
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndunn View Post
ITA
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote