Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
ArtyMtnMama
Registered Users
seller

Gassy baby

What foods might affect my breastmilk and make my baby gassy? She feeds and gets very fussy but seems to be fussy only at night. Daytime is better.

Advertisement

Old 04-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
SenoraE
Registered Users
seller

Re: Gassy baby

For DS # 1 it was raw dairy (milk - but not milk in foods that are cooked). If it's night-time / laying down time it could be reflux or perhaps a touch of colic?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
vetmom
Registered Users
seller

how old is your little one? any other symptoms?

milk protein allergy is a big one that you'll find a lot of info about--cutting out diary for a couple of weeks is usually recommended (but my DD responded well after only a few days!)

check out kellymom.com for some good info...

also consider possible foremilk/hindmilk imbalance (again lots of info on kellymom website)

my DD was a very fussy baby after feedings and esp at night. i considered she might have silent reflux but after a lot of reading thought her symptoms fit with a dairy allergy. after 2 days of cutting out milk proteins (milk, whey, cheese, etc) she was much better---and the rash on her face that i thought was "baby acne" cleared up! after 2 weeks off dairy, i had a pizza and 24 hrs later, DD was miserable again with a broken out face and green poop!!

check out the other threads in this folder about dairy allergies!

good luck!
vetmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #4
smom050811
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How old is she? Some babies are just fussy and gassy because their stomachs are still maturing. My 2 month old just stopped being gassy/fussy, but we stopped dairy at 3 weeks due to allergic reaction as well. Nighttime is fussy time too . There's a list on Dr. Sears website, I believe. Just google "fuss foods for breastfeeding babies" and I'm sure it'll come up with a bunch of hits. Good luck~

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle. - Plato
smom050811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
ArtyMtnMama
Registered Users
seller

Thanks I'll look into all that.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:38 PM   #6
momma X5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My LO was just a "slurper" by nature...she made lots of noises when nursing!! She'd get gassy from taking in all that air sometimes...
momma X5 is offline   Reply With Quote