Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Baby fever..tell me why I DON'T want another baby right now!

Seriously..convince me

I've been having baby fever lately, but I know in my heart I'm not ready yet. I want DS to be my only baby for awhile () so I can devote myself entirely to him, and when I do get pregnant again he will be old enough to understand it, and hopefully attend the birth. He is currently almost 18 months and we want to TTC in a year. Everytime I see someone's BFP or that someone just had a baby I get that "Ahh..I want another!" feeling.
Tell me some pros to waiting!!

ETA: I think I need to change my avi pic..DS is 2 weeks old in it and every time I look at it it's like

Advertisement

Last edited by bigmamakelsey; 04-06-2011 at 03:33 PM.
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Baby fever..tell me why I DON'T want another baby right now!

We are in the EXACT same shoes (minus DS being present at the birth) but I need some level headedniess to remind me why I am NOT ready for another baby!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
ashmomof4
Registered Users
seller

I think if you conceived now it would be a good age difference, he should be able to understand the concept of a baby inside and your new baby if you show him pictures at 2.5, JMHO.

I think waiting longer, can actually be harder, and your DS will get more accustomed to being the 'only'.
ashmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
ashmomof4
Registered Users
seller

ashmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmomof4 View Post
I think if you conceived now it would be a good age difference, he should be able to understand the concept of a baby inside and your new baby if you show him pictures at 2.5, JMHO.

I think waiting longer, can actually be harder, and your DS will get more accustomed to being the 'only'.
I've thought of that too, but I don't see DS being the "jealous" type either, haha. Its kind of hard to explain his personality - he's just kind of a sweetie. Very easy going in general. I think he would be happy to learn there is a baby in mommy's tummy
We might not wait an entire year, but I do feel we should wait at little while at least, mainly because we're going through some adjustments. We're looking into buying our first home, and we'd like to have one before TTC (preferably) and I just became employed after being a SAHM for a long time, and I don't want to have to leave work (I had HORRIBLE morning sickness with DS.)
I guess these are reasons to remind myself! Even so, a part of me really wants another baby. Emotionally I'm ready (to a point, I guess.) financially we're ready, but its everything else holding me back.

Last edited by bigmamakelsey; 04-06-2011 at 02:52 PM.
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
psylion
Registered Users
seller

I have the baby fever too so I can only commiserate with you. In our case it is nit the right time to TTC because DH lost his job. DD (3 1/2) has been begging for a little brother or sister too. That makes it even harder.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #7
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylion View Post
I have the baby fever too so I can only commiserate with you. In our case it is nit the right time to TTC because DH lost his job. DD (3 1/2) has been begging for a little brother or sister too. That makes it even harder.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #8
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here are the reasons I keep repeating to myself...

*DD isn't STTN yet. Once she's settled, I can actually get some sleep before starting over with a newborn.

*We're getting ready to move. Pregnancy and moving don't mix.

*DH might be getting a raise soon. He'll be way more receptive to the idea of a third baby once we're in the new house AND he's making more money. If I spring a pregnancy on him right now, he'll freak.

*I just started a new exercise class that I cannot do pregnant.

*I only have 7lbs left to lose before I'm at my pre-baby weight. How awesome would it be to hit that goal?

So, those are my reasons. They're not working great but they're working. LOL
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #9
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akilgore View Post
Here are the reasons I keep repeating to myself...

*DD isn't STTN yet. Once she's settled, I can actually get some sleep before starting over with a newborn.

*We're getting ready to move. Pregnancy and moving don't mix.

*DH might be getting a raise soon. He'll be way more receptive to the idea of a third baby once we're in the new house AND he's making more money. If I spring a pregnancy on him right now, he'll freak.

*I just started a new exercise class that I cannot do pregnant.

*I only have 7lbs left to lose before I'm at my pre-baby weight. How awesome would it be to hit that goal?

So, those are my reasons. They're not working great but they're working. LOL
Old 04-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #10
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmomof4 View Post

I agree. My SIL just had a baby and her son will be 3 in July. He is giving them a REALLY hard time. He is so used to being the only child that he is going nuts with the transition. Also, with the STTN thing, my DD did STTN for 2 months but now is waking up a lot again. Honestly, I'd just rather stay in my used to waking up all night tired state and have another one (which is what I'm doing) than get used to having a great night's sleep and then all of the sudden have to adjust all over again. That's one of the main reasons we want ours so close, honestly.
ETA: We are about to move cross country next month. This will be my second move pregnant ha. Honestly, it doesn't bother me. My DH doesn't expect much out of me for the move and I like that.
ETA again lol: I feel completely different this time than I did with DD. I was so sick with her, slept all the time, horrible headaches, etc. from 3dpo through the entire first trimester. This time, nothing. The only thing telling me I'm pregnant is I test every morning and the line gets darker. So you never know what your next pregnancy will be like! I sound like I am trying to enable you lol I'm just giving you my way of thinking.

Last edited by hilaryisinked; 04-07-2011 at 11:19 AM.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote