Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #11
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby fever..tell me why I DON'T want another baby right now!

Well adding another baby changes things. You can't just run out of the house with 2 kids. There is much more planning and preparing involved. So for now just enjoy the semi-freedom that you have. Enjoy all of the moments that your ds is having NOW. Write it all down, take tons of pics, don't put things off that you want to do with him. These are the type of things that are much tougher to do with 2 kids. Plus 2 in diapers is tough. Give him plenty of time to potty train, and that will help.

These are the things I keep telling myself I want another and my dh does not. So I'm trying to focus on the reasons why less is more

Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #12
mamacassola
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaratliff View Post
Well adding another baby changes things. You can't just run out of the house with 2 kids. There is much more planning and preparing involved.

LOVE my kids. so much.....but when I was a mum of one, I could shave my legs, or find someone to watch him so I could go out with DH for a night, or make a decent dinner once in a while, or survive a grocery store trip (let alone planning around which store has double seater carts).
And then factor in mobility. Both my kids have been mobile from very early ages, which is INSANE when you've got more than one to chase!
Going from one to two is simply a HUGE transition. I'm glad we waited a bit (2.5 yrs between them), even though we didn't ever really have a conversation about waiting...it just happened when it was supposed to for us. But having said that, we're nearing the end of our TTA days and hoping to grow to a 3-child family soon. So I think it'll be different again this time around with kids a bit closer together in age.

Also, DS is an old soul. He had NO difficulty transitioning from being an only child. And actually asks all the time when he can have a new sib. I wonder if it's age-related or just his personality. Who knows what his brother will be like.

You guys will figure out what's right. I think DH would've liked our first two to be further apart, but now he wants 2 and 3 to be closer together. AFM, I just want to have babies, so whatever he agrees to, I'm IN!
In love with DH from the moment we met. Proud mom of Noah-01/08, Evan-06/10, and Nathan-03/13. We sometimes CD or EC, gave birth drug free 2 @hospital, 1 @ home, never circ, always vax, BF as long as we can.
mamacassola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #13
ashmomof4
Registered Users
seller

How about I keep telling you reasons why you should, will htat help you think of reasons you shouldn't?
ashmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #14
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacassola View Post

LOVE my kids. so much.....but when I was a mum of one, I could shave my legs, or find someone to watch him so I could go out with DH for a night, or make a decent dinner once in a while, or survive a grocery store trip (let alone planning around which store has double seater carts).
And then factor in mobility. Both my kids have been mobile from very early ages, which is INSANE when you've got more than one to chase!
Going from one to two is simply a HUGE transition. I'm glad we waited a bit (2.5 yrs between them), even though we didn't ever really have a conversation about waiting...it just happened when it was supposed to for us. But having said that, we're nearing the end of our TTA days and hoping to grow to a 3-child family soon. So I think it'll be different again this time around with kids a bit closer together in age.

Also, DS is an old soul. He had NO difficulty transitioning from being an only child. And actually asks all the time when he can have a new sib. I wonder if it's age-related or just his personality. Who knows what his brother will be like.

You guys will figure out what's right. I think DH would've liked our first two to be further apart, but now he wants 2 and 3 to be closer together. AFM, I just want to have babies, so whatever he agrees to, I'm IN!
Oh my GOSH, this sounds just my my DS..exactly! An "old soul" is the perfect way to describe it. Me and DH joke that DS is a parent trapped in a toddler's body I just don't see him being the jealous type at all, no matter what age he was when we had another.

ETA: I've heard that the transition from 1 to 2 can be difficult. My mom has had 3 kids and my MIL 4, and they both told me going from 1 to 2 kids was the biggest transition!

Last edited by bigmamakelsey; 04-07-2011 at 09:11 PM.
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #15
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
I agree. My SIL just had a baby and her son will be 3 in July. He is giving them a REALLY hard time. He is so used to being the only child that he is going nuts with the transition. Also, with the STTN thing, my DD did STTN for 2 months but now is waking up a lot again. Honestly, I'd just rather stay in my used to waking up all night tired state and have another one (which is what I'm doing) than get used to having a great night's sleep and then all of the sudden have to adjust all over again. That's one of the main reasons we want ours so close, honestly.
ETA: We are about to move cross country next month. This will be my second move pregnant ha. Honestly, it doesn't bother me. My DH doesn't expect much out of me for the move and I like that.
ETA again lol: I feel completely different this time than I did with DD. I was so sick with her, slept all the time, horrible headaches, etc. from 3dpo through the entire first trimester. This time, nothing. The only thing telling me I'm pregnant is I test every morning and the line gets darker. So you never know what your next pregnancy will be like! I sound like I am trying to enable you lol I'm just giving you my way of thinking.
ENABLER!! Can I live vicariously through you for now?
Old 04-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #16
Cathypie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey

Oh my GOSH, this sounds just my my DS..exactly! An "old soul" is the perfect way to describe it. Me and DH joke that DS is a parent trapped in a toddler's body I just don't see him being the jealous type at all, no matter what age he was when we had another.
DD1 is totally like this. She's so motherly at 22 months old. She likes to wipe the baby's mouth and help burp her. If the baby is sleeping in the bedroom and starts crying, DD1 runs to the door. She likes to hold the bottle and help feed her when I'm at work and DH or my mom has them. I always say what a good little mommy figure she is.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #17
cemetree
Registered Users
seller

OMG, it seems like everyone is popping babies out around me.. i have total baby fever but know i cant "go there" yet..it's TORTURE!!!!
cemetree is offline   Reply With Quote