Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2007, 11:50 AM   #21
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any one CD but ONLY use SPOSIE wipes??

I actually love cloth wipes. I find them thicker than disposable wipes and easier to use. Plus I'm apparently challenged since I can never seem to separate the disposable wipes.

But hearing that they can go through the wash I may just buy some for daycare, they don't seem to keen on my cloth wipes, but whatever

Advertisement

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:52 AM   #22
Kiddo353
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did up until last week when I FINALLY got around to converting some of the baby's old receiving blankets into wipes...I love em!! I like not having to pick out the spoise wipes before rinsing the dipe. I rinse EVERY dipe before putting it into my pail so I just rinse everything....dipes AND wipes!!
Old 03-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #23
Mel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never got into the cloth wipes. Even though I've bought a ton. lol
Old 03-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #24
Punkymom
Registered Users

I use disposable wipes when we're out. I just wrap them up in the diaper and throw them away out of the dryer. When we're home we use cloth wipes, though. I love my cloth wipes!
Old 03-25-2007, 11:56 AM   #25
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We used sposie wipes here too. I just really don't like having to scrape poop off the WIPE (forget about the diaper, lol) into the toliet. It's just tons easier for us
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:57 AM   #26
my4blessings
Registered Users
Formerly: my3kiddos
seller

My Mood:

I have disposable wipes in the diaper bag, but I use cloth wipes at home. I get them wet and put them in a wipes warmer so they are ready to go. I only put enough in to last 2 days, then I take any extra out and wash with diapers, so they don't go bad. I use the cheapo baby wash clothes that I got tons of at baby showers and they work great!!
Old 03-25-2007, 11:58 AM   #27
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddo353 View Post
I did up until last week when I FINALLY got around to converting some of the baby's old receiving blankets into wipes...I love em!! I like not having to pick out the spoise wipes before rinsing the dipe. I rinse EVERY dipe before putting it into my pail so I just rinse everything....dipes AND wipes!!
Yep, this is us too. We've been using cloth wipes for a long time now and I just put them in an old sposie container with solution in there and then rinse them and the dipes out before tossing in the pail. I can't stand picking out poopy sposie wipes out of the diapers. If you use flannel (those are the only kind I've tried) if you dunk them in very cold water anything usually peels right off.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:04 PM   #28
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

I used to only use sposie wipes. But I got really tired of the stench coming from the garbage can in DD's room. I started keeping cloth wipes in a sposie container with wipes solution, and I'll never go back. I find that the sherpa backed wipes are so much better at getting the poop off DD's skin, and if I'm careful, one 8x8 wipe will get her clean instead of 4 or 5 sposie wipes. Only DH uses the sposie wipes now, and since he all but refuses to change a poop dipe, no more stink coming from DD's room.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:11 PM   #29
mamabearoftwo
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
We use flushable wipes for poop.
Where do you get flushable wipes and what brands are there??? I never could find any and I would love flushables since I use a flushable liner for my diaties. I have 2 little ones, a dog and 2 cats. I am up to my eyeballs in poop as it is, so no dunking, spraying or rinsing for me.

Thanks!
Stacy in Minnesota
mamabearoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:12 PM   #30
Mamma Christi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by applecrunch78 View Post
I LoVE CDing but I just HATE using cloth wipes, rememberinng to go wet them , plus they never seem to get the poop off as well as a sposie wipe no matter how much soap, water, warm water I use. I end up using 2x as many cloth wipes as sposies I would just rather do sposie wipes and pick out trash verse rewash stuff and I have sherpa, velour, minkie and flannal wipes but none work as well as a huggies wipe!
That's odd that none of those worked as well! I've found that my sherpa wipes have worked great for poos. But you know what has been the *best*? Washcloths! Kissaluv's babywipes are very similar to wash clothes as well. Personally my favorite wipes are the ones I made at home that are two layers of terry cloth, basically a two sided washcloth...you should try a washcloth at home and see if you like them and then if so get some baby WCs the next time you're out!

As for the wetting, girl spray bottles will be a lifesaver or using a wipes warmer. I never remembered to go wet wipes, so I have a spray bottle with water and a little apricot babyoil by burts bees, and also I keep my wipes in a wipe warmer with a little water - makes it a lot easier

But I do still use sposies wipes from time to time, but no brand I've found compares to my terry wipes
Mom to Jacob 10/25/06, #2 EDD September 18.
Mamma Christi is offline   Reply With Quote