Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Reusing baby gear or buying new?

You know, I just posted about the crib bumper and a lot of people replied that they felt like bedding sets would be a waste of money and that's one reason they weren't going to use a bumper... it got me thinking, for those of you that already have a child (of the same sex or used general neutral bedding) did you get rid of what you had previously??

I saved EVERYTHING. We got a lot of nice things with DS (all gender neutral, other than clothes) and as everyone says, babies hardly use the things they have anyway because they grow out of them so quickly - clothes, swings, jumpers, cribs, etc. So they are usually in great shape for the 2nd time around. Why would anyone get rid of them if they plan to have more children again soon? Help me understand.

How many of you are reusing what you had with previous children? And how many got rid of everything as your LO grew out of it and just plan to get something new?

Advertisement

justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
agalanto
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Reusing baby gear or buying new?

I saved and got to reuse EVERYTHING. From clothing, to bedding, to travel system.. playmats, booster seats, baby swing, bouncer, and pack-n-play.. My second son was born 22 months after my first.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #3
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My boys are going to be 23 months apart, same season and everything (we did try to plan it that way! ) So I have kept EVERYTHING! The only thing we have bought is some stuff for decorating the nursery, and of course the carseat.( I am using my cousins infant car seat until I feel that the baby can comfortably fit into the Radian.) I hope to be lucky enough to pass stuff on down as long as I can! Oh, and we are going tomorrow to get a toddler bed for my oldest DS, so the crib is being passed down, too!

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #4
mamamegan841
Registered Users
seller

I saved everything too. I bought all gender neutral stuff the first time around, which was only 2 years ago, so we are good to go!
mamamegan841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:34 AM   #5
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ours are all boys all 14-20M apart so yes (LOL) we saved most of our stuff through 5 moves! Don't know what this new babe is.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we also saved everything!! the new baby will be about 26 months younger, and we haven't really needed to buy anything but diapers (we were using a diaper service when DS was a NB, but I did save all the covers!). of course, that hasn't stopped me from snagging a few NB outfits here and there but in all honesty there's really nothing we need! we didn't find out the sex with either so everything is pretty much GN
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I saved most of everything. Some clothes, car seat, swing, co-sleeper... we would have been screwed if this baby had been a boy I did thin out the clothes since I didn't want to save them for years (my youngest DD is almost 4). I am happy to not have to make the big purchases for now. Eventually I'll need a new crib and bedding set but that's all down the road. The girls will be in one room so I'll have to adjust the sleeping situations when this one is old enough.
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #8
chapmanrl6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I saved almost everything, although DD's Dad kept somethings that he is unwilling to give me even though he is single and not planning on having other kids.

We are reusing clothes, diapers (of course), cradle bedding, boppys, my pump, etc.

We bought a gently used swing, changing pad and a double stroller.

My Mom is making a bedding set for this LO as she did for DD.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #9
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

I don't have a lot of storage so I shipped a lot off to my sister (clothes and diapers) and sold the gear. So this time my sister sent me back the clothes and such and I bought what I found I really wanted in gear. For example the swing I had only went front to back so I found a used cradle swing for this baby, and I bought a co-sleeper to replace the pack-n-play I had.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #10
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

We plan on saving everything. Most of our gear is gender neutral, minus the bedding and nursery decorations. Clothing might be a problem, but who doesn't like to shop for baby clothes the next time around?! LOL

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote