Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
saxychic247
CAUTION! Not responding to issues! File with paypal if waiting on items!

My Mood:
How much pain is normal...?

I'll be 33 weeks on Monday, and I've mentioned that I've been having a lot of pain/pressure lately... Today, I don't know what's changed, but I've been hurting worse than I hurt after I had my daughter. It's all I can do to get up from sitting/lying down. I have a really high threshold for pain in general, and this is about going to take me out, I'm afraid, and I've got company coming for the weekend who wants to go sightseeing... I'm half expecting to go into labor tonight as I've been crampy and having back pain along with the pressure/pain in the other area, which I haven't had recently. I would call my midwife, but I have a feeling I'd get the "drink lots of water and lay on your side" song and dance, which I'm going to do here in a bit... I know it's too early to want baby to come now, but this amount of pain is sucking the life out of me. OK... Enough whining from me. Have a good night everyone!

Advertisement

saxychic247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Re: How much pain is normal...?

I'm sorry! Hopefully things will feel better tomorrow.
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
mamamegan841
Registered Users
seller

My MW says that it is normal - and I feel as bad as you do. It seriously is a process for me to get up after sitting down for any period of time. And at night? When I have to get out of bed 4 or 5 times to go to the bathroom? That's the worst pain ever. Sometimes I just lay there debating whether or not it is worth getting up for. Just hang in there, it won't be much longer!
mamamegan841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #4
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hopefully everything is fine! I can tell you the pressure and pain down their for me is a little more with each pregnancy and starts a little sooner. I remember mentioning it to my OB w/ my last pregnancy, and he told me that it was common to feel more w/ each pregnancy.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:22 AM   #5
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hope you're feeling better this morning. I have had a lot of pain/pressure as well, more than I expected. I definitely don't remember being so uncomfortable last time. Please update us and I hope you have a great weekend with your family and can enjoy sightseeing with them.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #6
doodah
Registered Users
seller

If you are having a lot of pain in your vaginal area, you might try a maternity belt. This is a lifesaver for me and I am not able to do much at all without it at this point. It lifts the belly and gives those muscles down there a break. I am on my feet all day and this is the only way I make it. After about 20 minutes without it on, I am just in awful pain. Also warm baths to relax those muscles. You might consider a chiropractic adjustment as well. I go weekly and it makes a big difference. Just make sure that the chiro. had a table to accommodate bellies! If it is just pain and not actual contractions, you probably are fine. Baby might be dropping a bit and causing that extra pressure.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #7
steph_mommy2olivia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyroo77 View Post
I remember mentioning it to my OB w/ my last pregnancy, and he told me that it was common to feel more w/ each pregnancy.
This is exactly what the OB told me as well..mine has been around since about week 18ish? I didnt have any with my first pregnancy.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:36 AM   #8
chippybug10
Registered Users

I second the maternity belt suggestion, it may help a lot since you still have a good amount of time left. Also, I've definitely had a ridiculously higher amount of pressure (not necessarily pain) with this pregnancy. I just figured it came with the territory like people say you bleed or have worse after birth pains with each pregnancy.

If the pain becomes too much though I would definitely at least call your midwife. You shouldn't be doubled over in pain without a decent reason for it. I hope you are feeling better soon, and keep us updated!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #9
rockchikcassie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine has been so bad that I can't walk. It really feels to me like the baby is trying to force his way out! I am 35 weeks as of yesterday. They did a fetal fibronectin test last week since I'm already dilated and apparently the pressure can be a sign of preterm labor. However my test came back negative (so no baby for at least 2 weeks) and the dr just acts like everything is pretty much normal. I also don't remember the pressure like this with my first. I had horrifying hip pain with him but not all the pressure. Best of luck!
Full time student, mommy and wife! Love the boys in my life Chase, DS Merrick aka Batman (2/08), Silas (5/11) & #3 coming 6/13

ISO/IHA: http://diaperswappers.com/forum/show....php?t=1286842
rockchikcassie is offline   Reply With Quote