Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Head down?

My little one is still head up at 35 weeks 3 days. She is in what they are referring to as an "incomplete breech" position....which is she has one leg straight up by her face and one folded in front of her body. She was head down at 29 weeks and for some reason decided to turn

I do have some excess amniotic fluid so I'm hoping there is room for her to turn back head down. I've been doing the pelvic tilt thin and the hands and knees, bottoms up to try to encourage her

I really, really want to avoid a c-section. this is most likely our last baby and I'd hate to have to have my first section now.

I go in this coming Friday and doc will check her position again. Hoping that she'll flip!!!

Karen, wife to the best 'n hubby ever, C. Mom to DS, J (1/1996), DSD, M (2/2001) my spunky Zara (7/7/2009). AND our very active toddler, Maya 4/30/2011!
no longer in diapers
Mommy2Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

Mine has been head down pretty much the entire pregnancy until a week ago, when it decided to flip breech (32 weeks). Since then though, it's flipped back to being head down I believe since I'm getting kicked in the ribs like I used to and not the cervix anymore. I see my chiropractor about once a month to month and a half and I think that's really helped keep things aligned and balanced, which is a huge help.

Babies can turn head down in labor so I wouldn't be too worried. Check out since there's things you can do at home to help get your little one to turn.
Andrea, mom to 2-year-old Jocelyn and a graphic designer who loves to knit and crochet. Swagbucks
Salidwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

This little guy was breech for a long time and finally flipped. They confirmed it with U/S today. Yours could still flip. Have you tried Spinning Babies or a chiro?
T, mom to R, E & J.
Wife to B.
mich*mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:40 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

My baby was heads down because I was getting kicks in the ribs, but then it turned heads up. I am 35 weeks, and have been trying the chiro, acupuncture, exercises, and hypnobabies!

My first baby was heads down, and I had a very easy, short labor with him. I was hoping for a home birth this time, but if the ECV doesn't work, and the baby doesn't flip before labor, they will give me a c-section. This will be my last baby, and I really wanted a home birth, but whatever the baby decides to do is up to him!

Good luck Mama! They do the ECV at 36 weeks here.
Mama of two busy boys (09/08, 05/11) Married to my computer geek since '02.
CHoney is offline   Reply With Quote