Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
Noniegrace
Registered Users
seller

When did you change car seats?

I am considering moving Cam from his Graco SnugRide to DD's old Britax Roundabout. I can barely carry him in that bucket now, he's between 13 and 14 lbs. He will be 4 months old next week....is it to early? It is rated for 5 lbs and up.

Advertisement

Old 03-25-2007, 04:06 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: When did you change car seats?

if the britax goes from 5 lbs then you can go aead and switch him, just keep him facing back not foward
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:51 PM   #3
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We switched ds2 at 6months because he had outgrown the infant seat by then. He was already in the Britax Wizard in my car but we had been using the infant seat in dh's van until he got to big (because then dh was the one to have to carry him ). You can use the Britax from birth if you want so the only drawback to the switch is that you will no longer be able to take the whole seat out of the car if he were to fall asleep or whatever. But it is totally safe.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

I personally liked the ease of using the graco..to be able to snap in and snap out I loved and miss now...I hung on for so long before I switched..I proabbly finally gave in once Mikey got to be about 19/20 pounds which was about 8 months or so....I almost went back and bought the new Graco that allowed me to keep MIkey in it until he was 30 pounds but by 8 months or so he hated being carried in and out in that car seat, he prefered me to always hold him, so I gave in and finally put him in the roundabout...
Old 03-25-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
shell015
Banned
seller

I changed DSD at just about 20lbs. But that is what the new seat said... actually it said 22lbs so we cheated a little. But if the Britax says 5 and up do as PP said and just keep it facing rear and you should be fine. But I have to warn ya if he's not sitting up and you don't carry then it will be really hard in grocery store and stuff. Because the carrier you can just put in the buggy and go. But if not and he isn't sitting up well it can be a problem.
shell015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #6
Kiddo353
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How FUNNY that someone should post this TODAY of all days!! I JUST bit the bullet and stuck the baby in the Alpha/Omega covertable today. It was just getting TOO heavy to carry her in (she a little over 16lbs and is 6 mo old next week) plus she HATES to be carried around in it anyways...cries everytime I snap her in. So, since dd#2 starts pre-k next week (means I need BOTH older girls up in the "door" seats for quick & easy access to get in and out in the mornings) I just switched it over. She was defiantely WOWED taking in everything from the new perscpective.....

but now this just means my baby is growing up!
Old 03-25-2007, 05:32 PM   #7
snookler
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As long as you keep her rear facing and meet the seat's weight requirement, it will be fine.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
Mom2Gray
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just switched ds yesterday, and he's almost 4 months. We did it for 2 reasons - he's already 16lbs, and I can't personally carry him in the SnugRide anymore, so that's not really a benefit. Also, he HATES laying back, and screams the whole car ride while trying to "sit up," and I just couldn't take it anymore! So, we got a Britax. He's in heaven!!!
Mom2Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #9
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

It's not too early as long as you keep him rearfacing. I tend to leave my babies in their infant seats until they are sitting unassisted, about 6 months old. I just took Asher out of his infant and into the convertible even though he's not quite sitting on his own yet because he reached the height limit.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:56 PM   #10
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Of course! You can use it from birth, you don't even have to use those baby bucket seats. We used one with DS, but they were more trouble than they're worth and next time I'll be going straight to the convertable seat.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote