Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Stacinator Stretch Wool

Considering purchasing our first wool cover and wanted to know the low down on colors...... Do all colors bleed or just the dark ones?

Would this be a good cover to use for a Toddler that is starting to PL, but still wears diapers for naps and night....

We currently use fleece. Any thoughts about if this is a cooler option.

TIA - lost in the world of wool.

Advertisement

Old 03-25-2007, 06:44 PM   #2
massage mama
Registered Users

Re: Stacinator Stretch Wool

I only have one Stacinator wool in periwinkle no problem with bleeding but they do run a little big. i have a medium and it fits over my large heiny hugger sherpa fitted. We are training so I had not used it for a while and just pulled it back out into use because it is awesome as a pullup over cheap trainers and no leaks.
massage mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:11 PM   #3
southernmom2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use them. I have 4 of them. I have peach, sage, natural and a magenta one. The magenta one bleeds like crazy when its being lanolized, none of the rest have though.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #4
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by massage mama View Post
I only have one Stacinator wool in periwinkle no problem with bleeding but they do run a little big. i have a medium and it fits over my large heiny hugger sherpa fitted. We are training so I had not used it for a while and just pulled it back out into use because it is awesome as a pullup over cheap trainers and no leaks.

That's exactly what I wanted to use it for. He's mostly in trainers when we're at home, but adding a big heavy fleece cover seems like over kill. I was debating sizing too. I'll make sure to take into account that they run big. Thank you!
Old 03-25-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmom2three View Post
I use them. I have 4 of them. I have peach, sage, natural and a magenta one. The magenta one bleeds like crazy when its being lanolized, none of the rest have though.
Thank you! What size does your two year old wear? We're at the end of the large size range with weight.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:30 PM   #6
massage mama
Registered Users

Ds is now 27lbs and thin. It has 4 snaps of adjustability and he is on the 2nd smallest waist and legs. But they are awesome for pullups easy to get down and back up. I have also been using the Motherease airflow cover but it usually leaves red marks on his legs and waist and tighter to pull up and down and I have to unsnap it each time at the waist. I don't have to do that with the Stac.But each change I switch between these 2 covers. It does take a while to dry though after you've lanolized it. But you will have to wash it less when training hopefully because most of the pee will be in the pot and not in the pants. it's been 2 weeks and I am just considering washing it but not yet!
I did notice it to be a little bulky around the legs under his pants today compared to just underwear or pullup but still less bulky than a cloth diaper and cover.
hope that helps
T
massage mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:08 PM   #7
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

T-
Thank you! That helps a lot. I don't know why wool has me scared. Silly I'm sure. Our son is 31 lbs and is tall and skinny. Maybe the large instead of the toddler size. I think if I like it, I'd get two, so I can rotate. Right now we just go coverless, but today it was warm so we were outside. I put him in a PUL trainer his bottom was so sweaty. I'm really hoping to switch to all cotton trainers during the day. He realizes he's not in a diaper that way, when they are dry and light weight.

Good luck with PL. Thank you again!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:11 PM   #8
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to say - the stacinators are the least scary wool I've dealt with, probably because they resemble pul covers so much w/ the snaps and all. I have three dif. colors and they havn't bled at all on me, but I'm not the first owner of several of them. They do run large, as pp said. DD is 26 lbs, 21 months, and is in a medium.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:59 AM   #9
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
Just wanted to say - the stacinators are the least scary wool I've dealt with, probably because they resemble pul covers so much w/ the snaps and all. I have three dif. colors and they havn't bled at all on me, but I'm not the first owner of several of them. They do run large, as pp said. DD is 26 lbs, 21 months, and is in a medium.
Thank you Katherine. I'm ordering one!