Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
mamabear25
Registered Users
seller

Crunchy moms with long hair...Need input!

OK, I know not all crunchy mommy's out there have long hair, but assume atleast some of you do!

I've grown my hair out to almost waist level, not quite. I love the way it looks when I have it fixed and it is down, but with my two little ones that is becoming a rare occasion.

Most days it is just pulled back in a ponytail. It's very "mom" and looks kinda sloppy. What are different ways to wear long hair that don't take forever, but looks a little nicer?

I keep thinking I'm going to get it cut, so it looks a little more styled without doing much. But then when I wash, dry and flat iron it out long- I back out.

Advertisement

mamabear25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
johnsbabymama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Crunchy moms with long hair...Need input!

No don't cut your long hair! I love my long hair, and i do admitt it is some work sometimes. Have you ever let it air dry to see how it looks. You would be suprised how longer type hair stays staight without having to use the hot iron and blow dry it. On days i'm in a hurry, i braid my hair to one side, leave my bangs or a little hair out, around my face and i also get compliments.
johnsbabymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Have fun w/ it! Mine was brastrap-long, now it's just past my shoulders. It's wavy & I pretty much always air dry. I like a side braid...or a braid down the back. I was doing a side part w/ a french braid across into a bun. any kind of bun is cute. Depending on your thickness, you could do hair sticks or other accessories. If you must go w/ the pony (& it is the easiest most of the time, you could update it w/ the bump up front. Or a bump w/ pigtails. Have fun w/ headbands. The possibilities are endless!
Old 04-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
mamamujer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

do a messy up-do!! kinda like a romantic look? bunch it it a french twist w/ a chop stick or a pretty flower clip
mamamujer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
cramtonian
Registered Users
seller

My sister used to have hair that long. Her hair is super thick, so having it all up in a bun was heavy!
I was thinking you could do a side braid, but then loop it over your head and secure it with a scarf or headband like this:

You could probably also manage to do something like the above with a simple twist if the scarf was on tight enough.

I also found this website:
http://www.io.com/~cortese/hair/styling.html

And this gem of a website:
http://www.longhairloom.com/stylings...tral.html#buns

My hair's only down to my shoulder blades, but I can't wait until it gets long enough to try out some of these styles!

HTH
ISO other NH CD Mamas!
cramtonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
LoveThyScent
Banned

My Mood:

I do mine in a bun, but hair toys are a girls best friend You need to join the long hair forum lots of ideas on there for doing your hair
LoveThyScent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #7
dimples_giggles_1009
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My hair is a little past my rear, I usually poof up the front and have the rest in a pony, or put a low side pony in a bun and the excess hair I wrap around the pony holder! Looks very cute!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #8
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

I had very long hair after my first child was born. I wore it in a French braid down the back a lot, and pinned up in a clippie with hair spilling out of the top.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #9
ArmyMommyTo3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My hair is at my hips, but I'm boring, I just wear it in a ponytail or down most of the time. Sometimes I do a side braid or a bun... A flower clip works to "dress up" a ponytail or bun. I make all mine, so I can make sure they don't look too little girl-ish, too.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #10
Dandelion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I braid mine most of the time. Mostly just one single braid, but sometimes I'll do 2 braids. I don't put it up in a pony tail or bun often because I get headaches from the weight. Not that my hair is particularly weighty, but my scalp is very tender. I also don't like having a bun or ponytail when I'm driving or sitting back in my chair because it makes my head tilt forward in an uncomfortable way.
, ,
Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote