Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
Kirsie
Registered Users
Formerly: Kir***m
seller
seller

My Mood:
Red face Update #2- I think I'm out...

It seems that our attempt at TTA this month may have been a failure. Woke up feeling quesy, took a test and got a line. It was really thin but appeared before even the control line had a chance to appear. It's a blue dye test, and while I've never had an issue with them in the past, there's a first time for everything, right? AF is due friday so if I end up late, I'll test again. If it actually is positive, it was sure nice to meet you ladies even if was only briefly

Edited
So I got ants and my pants and picked up a frer and it was stark white. So I'm thinking I must have been hit with a blue dye dud. I'm a bit bummed even though the timing would be pretty terrible (we're looking at being posted in July). C'est la Vie. Here's a pic of the little bugger just to prove I'm not totally insane. (disclaimer- It was darker when it first appeared: it had started to fade about an hour after I took the test. Maybe that should have been my first clue )

Edit part deux

I'm stuck in HPT hell. I have decided to leave it alone and I'll know in about 38 weeks if I have a baby

The bottom test was about a half hour old and the top one was about 1 minute off of the 5 minute cure time. They're super hard to see but the lines are there.

I have always had great faith in Dollarama tests (they are my go-to test) the line is almost unseeable in the photo, but again there is something there. Ugh. I'm stressin'.

Advertisement

Last edited by Kirsie; 04-16-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Update
Kirsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
:Hugs: this just happened to us.

Post pics mama and join us in the dec group. I know the feeling, this was unexpected for us, but welcomed.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I think I'm out...

I didn't last in the TTA group that long either. But, you're welcome to join us in the December DDC. Good luck testing again Friday!

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't last in the TTA group that long either. But, you're welcome to join us in the December DDC. Good luck testing again Friday!

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe I should come over here and then I'll get a baby!
Old 04-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just want to say congrats to all you "failed" TTAers! Your babies are true blessings, regardless of your reasons or TTA. In my head I know we have very good reason to avoid right now too, but every time I get a BFN I feel just a little bit disappointed.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:

well congratulations babies are ALWAYS a blessing
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
Kirsie
Registered Users
Formerly: Kir***m
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody View Post
:Hugs: this just happened to us.

Post pics mama and join us in the dec group. I know the feeling, this was unexpected for us, but welcomed.
Awww thanks! I'm not going to get too ahead of myself. But I'll be there in a New York minute when I get confirmation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
It looks like I'll be in good company!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
Getting pregnant has always been easy for me. Hanging on to them has been a little tougher. Your turn will come too, Mama, I'm sure of it
Old 04-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #9
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
I hope this one post will do you in

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama View Post
In my head I know we have very good reason to avoid right now too, but every time I get a BFN I feel just a little bit disappointed.
same here...even though we're avoiding, i can't help but obsess if there is a shadow of a shadow on a test strip...and the one time i did get a very light evap, i was like but i knew it just couldn't be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsie View Post
It seems that our attempt at TTA this month may have been a failure. Woke up feeling quesy, took a test and got a line. It was really thin but appeared before even the control line had a chance to appear. It's a blue dye test, and while I've never had an issue with them in the past, there's a first time for everything, right? AF is due friday so if I end up late, I'll test again. If it actually is positive, it was sure nice to meet you ladies even if was only briefly
:wave2: hope you get the answer you are seeking, and please post back with an update (and if you do want to be pregnant, then i hope it sticks)
Old 04-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #10
Cathypie
Registered Users
seller

I know quite a few people who have gotten pregnant lately. Last week I had myself worried enough to POAS. I got a BFN thank goodness. I hadn't seen a negative in a while :rflmbo: