Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2007, 08:48 PM   #11
Ali
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you do with the poop?

If you are opposed to using cloth on outings you can always just use cloth at home and save the sposies for the diaper bag. If you just buy the cloth you need you will still save money this way.

Trust me cding is probably way easier than your dh thinks. Regardless whether its disposable or reusable, it is still poop and you still have to change that stinky diaper!

Advertisement

Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:01 PM   #12
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

When we are out I do nothing I close the diaper back up unless it's a loose poop then I just drop it in the toilet in the bathroom and then close the diaper and put it in the wetbag.
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #13
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

ACtually I just ball my CDs up tight like i would a sposie full of poop and just put it in the wet bag...I use rubber kitchen gloves when I get home and pull them out and spray them in the toilet with my diaper sprayer.....Then I wash the dipes and wet bag with all my other diapers at home waiting to be washed....we never have any problems with it at all, in fact I think it would be a pain to have to find a toilet to shake the poop out everytime, I find CDing in puiblic actually easier than sposies too, cuz we never have to find a toilet or a garbage we can just change him anywhere, throw the dipe in the wet bag and go , no worries...
Old 03-25-2007, 10:45 PM   #14
grisaleen
Registered Users
seller

I don't actually roll them because then poop would get on parts of the outside...I fold them in half just how they are when I have them stacked up. I throw it in the wetbag and when I get home I dump it into the pail. I don't even have to touch it because I can shake the diapers out of the wet bag and then just drop the wetbag in after. I think it's just as simple as bringing a dirty disposable in from the car and dropping it in the trash can, seriously.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:55 AM   #15
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Disposable liners are fairly inexpensive and easy to use. I have been known to throw away my fleece liner in a public restroom if I am going to be out all day and don't want to have a poopy diaper in my diaper bag. Once you are hooked you won't want to put your little one in a sposie
Old 03-26-2007, 01:04 AM   #16
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i just roll the diaper and put it into my wetbag til i get home
it's really easy and you learn what works for you really fast!
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:57 AM   #17
Big Grown-Up Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Assuming there's a toilet nearby, just shake whatever poop will come off into it and then toss the diaper in a wetbag. If any soils the inside of the bag, it's no big deal because you can just toss it into the wash with the diapers. If you're going out a lot you might want a few smallish wet bags that zipper to rotate out.
I've done it both ways: one baby in disposables and one in cloth and honestly? Going out with cloth is easier. If you bring cloth wipes and a little plastic bottle of water or wipes solution, you can have a completely trash-free diaper change. Try that with a 'sposie!
Old 03-26-2007, 06:06 AM   #18
moparop
Registered Users

I have done both cloth and sposies and I find the cloth stink to be way less than carrying a dirty sposie with me. If we have a poopy dipe while we are out and about it goes right into my wet ag to get shaken out when we get home.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:27 AM   #19
Mugs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All I have to say is just don't forget to empty the wetbag when you get home!
That is my problem. We don't go out very often but twice I have forgotten about the wetbag with dirty dipes for at least 24 hours or more. It not pretty opening up that bag after waiting that long.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:29 AM   #20
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tell me about disposable liners. What are they made of? How do they work? How much do they cost? I realy want to CD this one, but DH is squeamish about washing the poopies. . . Give me some info I can use to "convince" him. . . TIA.