Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
chameleon607
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question about PL

My son is 17 months old. Months ago he started having a BM right after my dh set him out of the shower- so dh started putting him on the potty to go "poo-poo". So, he knows the word poo-poo, but doesn't go anymore after the shower. Yesterday, DS told me poo-poo in the middle of the day, then squatted down and went. Today he's told DH and I twice that he went poo-poo in his diaper. I'm excited- does this mean we might be in for earlier potty learning??? Or should I settle down and not think so much of it? Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Advertisement

Old 03-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #2
heidisue
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Question about PL

If he is doing it before he goes then there is an opportunity If he is just telling you that he needs his diaper changed then maybe not... Worth a shot though!
heidisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:40 PM   #3
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey, him simply being aware of how his body feels just before/during/after pooping is progress! DD just started this, too, and we got her to poopy on the potty today! I'd say - if he tells you beforehand, rush him to a potty.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:32 PM   #4
milehighmonkeys
Registered Users
Formerly: ultconsumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
Hey, him simply being aware of how his body feels just before/during/after pooping is progress! DD just started this, too, and we got her to poopy on the potty today! I'd say - if he tells you beforehand, rush him to a potty.
No reason to not encourage the behavior. We got an early start as well and I have to say it's really nice to not have to lug diapers around anymore. We also had a travel potty because DD was so tiny and wasn't real comfortable on the big potty yet. This also allowed us to stop anywhere on a moments notice. All she had to do was say the word.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:03 PM   #5
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

DEFINATELY ENCOURAGE IT! my dd is 17mths and we're starting pting b/c she is becoming very aware of it all. I want to avoid the "rebellion" by encouraging what she wants to do.
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:42 PM   #6
earthybirthymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thats awesome! If he is aware of the feeling to poop, thats half the battle! I'd definately try to watch it and get him to the potty on time!

We are starting to PL dd#2 who is also 17 months old because she has started holding and urinating in the potty. Such an exciting time! Have fun with your new stage!

earthybirthymom is offline   Reply With Quote