Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Due date changes...what do you trust?

So, my due date by LMP is May 30....but my previous midwife, and my new OB, have both pushed my due date up by 6 days based on my 6,9, and 12 week ultrasounds. so, should I go by my LMP, or what they say? It is so silly why I ask this, but our little town hospitals only let you birth there from 34 weeks on (their NICU can only handle babies from that age on) and I am by their guesses, 34 weeks today...but I won't be 34 weeks until Tuesday by the other...*sigh*

Anyone else dealing with this sort of confusion? LOL!!

Advertisement

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
kimmy659
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Due date changes...what do you trust?

How confident are you in dating your pregnancy by LMP?
If you feel that is the right date (based on O or dtd) then I would go by that one.. If you don't know exactly when you conceived or O'd then I would go by the ultrasound date.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
alinatmom
Registered Users
seller

They say the 6 week US is t he best indicator.
alinatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
MamandÉlise&Muriel
Registered Users
Formerly: Mamandelise
seller

I'm in a similar situation but they mvoed my date back and I'm worried if I go too early, that I won't be able to have a homebirth. This is a huge deal to me too and I'm torn. Whenever someone asks, I say it's either the 18th or 23rd. My u/s dating is the 18th and my lmp date is the 23rd. I hope I hold off just long enough to get the homebirth, but not too long that I'm beyond miserable.
MamandÉlise&Muriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

They changed my due date, too. When I figured my EDD I got May 5th according to LMP. My first ultrasound said May 10th. At that ultrasound I know I was beyond six weeks, so perhaps eight weeks? So that is what I have been going by until last week, and my dr said May 6th.

I'm worried because DH is taking family leave and his employer needs specific dates. I don't want him off work until after the baby comes.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Did you track your ovulation dates pre baby? If so, then you would have a better idea of when baby was conceived regardless of what the ultrasounds are showing. If you have no idea, I would go by what the doc and MW are saying.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Usually the earlier u/s is more accurate than the later ones at predicting due date. I know it's annoying because they want to base everything on weeks but I just say I am due around May 11th but I know that's not a magical day that my baby will be born just because they say so and just because it is based on my LMP. I don't know exactly when I conceived. I would go by the later date. I am more concerned when a doctor wants to move a date earlier... Are you worried about going into labor before you are "officially" 34 weeks?
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmm, I'm curious too. According to my LMP my due date would be June 2nd. According to the u/s the baby measured 3 days ahead, and they changed it to May 30th. I do know that according to my charting I have shorter cycles, and I probably ovulated on cd12, so the difference in dates makes since to me. Though my OB office says they don't typically change dates unless they are more than a week different between LMP and the early u/s dating.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #9
HillbillyMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean View Post
Usually the earlier u/s is more accurate than the later ones at predicting due date. I know it's annoying because they want to base everything on weeks but I just say I am due around May 11th but I know that's not a magical day that my baby will be born just because they say so and just because it is based on my LMP. I don't know exactly when I conceived. I would go by the later date. I am more concerned when a doctor wants to move a date earlier... Are you worried about going into labor before you are "officially" 34 weeks?
Yep, that's the concern...I want to be able to breathe a sigh of relief for reaching that milestone, AND I would hate to think I would have to drive an hour away to have the baby, and be that far away from him if he would have to stay in the NICU....No signs of preterm labor at all, but I am not doing progesterone shots with this baby like I did with my first, so it makes me nervous to know that I have no cushion at all to fall back on, KWIM?

Join me at Viewpoint, to make $$$ taking simple surveys!!!
HillbillyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #10
Aleesh_Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm having the same troubles that you are. I was keeping track of my cycles and when we DTD when I got pregnant. If I went by LMP then I couldn't have gotten pregnant at the time that I should have conceived. (There is a 4-5 day span in front of and behind the "conception date" where we avoided DTD.) So....we trusted the 6 week ultrasound to tell us when we were due. That put us at April 28th. BUT, my midwives wanted to put the later date because I went 2 weeks over with both of my last children, and they didn't want me to get into the 42+ week mark....so that put me at May 4. When I went in for my 36 week check up LAST Wednesday the midwife wouldn't do the GBS test because she said I was only 35+5 at that point and the GBS is only good for a certain number of weeks if you are negative. I rechecked the calendar and I feel confident that I am 37 weeks today. FULL TERM and can deliver at the birth center like I want at any point after and including today. The only downside is that I never got the GBS and won't get it until the day after tomorrow--how long does it take the results to come in? I don't want unnecessary antibiotics, but babies have a way of coming when they want, right? Sorry this turned into a rant....I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in your date issues.
Aleesh_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote