Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
angelina_lover
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy We may have totally screwed up *Updated with History

First please let me start by saying maybe this sub-forum wasn't a good idea and those TTC should be in here

Some of you may know the many complications my youngest son and I suffered throughout pregnancy and his own struggles once he was born.
My S/O and I have been avoiding with abstinance and just 'playing' for a couple of years now. We only DTD once every 2 months or so because of the fear of going through pregnancy again with the possibility of a not so good turnout.

I cannot for the life of me remember when my last menstrual cycle was, I think it was March 30 or April 1st. None the less, on Saturday afternoon ( (April 9th) I wiped and had a 'goop' of what looked like raw egg white straight from an egg, sorry if TMI. No notice of CM since that saturday afternoon. We were intimate with eachother Sunday (4am to be exact lol)and mid way through realizing the "caught in the moment" aspect of things WE ( it is both our responsibility on this) hadn't put on protection, so we put it on and then when we were finished it had slid to being barely on.

Then of course last night we were 'playing' again. 1 thing led to another and you know the rest, I again stopped and thought to myself WTH as he practiced pull and pray. We are talking about my S/O, the father of our sons, who has been through all of this with me. The man who insisted he did not want any children to start with, after our first son he insisted he did not want anymore children, after our youngest son.....again insisting DONE, no more children after our miscarriage in 2009 again NO NO NO.

Don't ask, I have no answers for this. I truly believe he cannot mentally handle anymore children and really doesn't want to have anymore. So, I have no idea of what is going through his mind.
Is there some sort of scent that attracts men to 'dive' in when a woman is/may be ovulating? A scent that takes away the senses (common senses )

We ( it is both our responsibility on this) were so extremely careless to something that I am so very sensitive about and consistantly worried about. In the 3 years since my son being born I still haven't healed or found closure in everything. I just know that it is a miracle for us both to be here.

Question is did I ovulate on saturday or before/afterwards?

Please tell me it's not possible
Please send hugs and a short prayer for us I could use them right now

I am soo sorry for this LONG post

A little History:
I posted on here a couple of years ago about what was going on but I can't find the posts so I'll share a little here and try to make the long journey short as possible...

I had 2 miscarriages prior to our first son. Had a few minor difficulties during his pregnancy. Didn't know I was pregnant with DS2 took a HPT and found out I was, a few days later I had thought I peed myself only to find out I was bleeding and passing clots. I thought I lost the baby. Went to the ER they told me I miscarried. Had a sono done and DS2 was in there. I was originally carrying twins and lost one of the babys.

I was put on bed rest and had clots in DS2 sac that were a huge concern to the doctors as well as the tear in my placenta (loss of our little angel) that wouldn't provide him enough nutrition to continue to grow. At 4mths they adviced me to end the pregnancy because I had a 60% chance of bleeding to death internally and that he wasn't going to make it. I refused and prayed for my son and I to make it, prayed alot. The more I improved the worse his chances were becoming. It was very difficult for us.

Then at about 7mths I had placental abrubtion. After that everything was looking better and better each day for both of us, made no sense to any of us.

When he was born he had pneumothorax (sp) and his kidneys were not developed. He was not breathing on his own and again they didn't think he would make it. He did! He underwent surgery to remove oxygen (that they provided him with) from his chest cavity hours after he was born. His hemangioma on his temple on his face was not a tumor and faded away by the time he was 3mths old. Miracle after miracle. The doctor said that with any further pregnancies I will be risking my life.

I did get pregnant again in 2009 and miscarried early on

Advertisement

Last edited by angelina_lover; 04-16-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: updated with some history
angelina_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
angelina_lover
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: We may have totally screwed up :-( VERY LOOONG

anyone???? I guess my post is more of a rant/vent/question
but if anyone knows anything about CM please help
Old 04-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you know around the time you had your cycle and how far apart your menstral cycles are - you can use this calculator.
http://www.babycenter.com/ovulation-calculator
Other than that, I'm not much help. I know nothing of CM or charting, sorry!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
Aleesh_Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I couldn't read without offering hugs. No advice about the CM.
Aleesh_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I am not sure neither but lots of and I hope you didn't get knocked up. if you did it was juts in the plans for you, if you didn't, then be more careful in the future.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
pnutandmunchkin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First, I'm so sorry momma that you're going through this. I tried to post earlier, but got busy at work.
I hate to say, but the mucus you saw sounds like EWCM which is fertile mucus so there is a definite possiblity you were o'ing when everything happened. Do you do any sort of fertility awareness monitoring like cervical checks, BBT, OPK's, etc? At least with the "average text book" cycle, it is 14 days from beginning of AF to o and if your last AF was end of March/beginning of April, this also puts o around this time.
As for if there is a scent you produce when you o, the answer is "yes". They are called pheromones that make people more attracted to each other.
I hope you have a slippery egg that doesn't want to be caught. Keep us informed on what's going on!! We're here for the vents!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
moonglowdesigns
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutandmunchkin View Post
First, I'm so sorry momma that you're going through this. I tried to post earlier, but got busy at work.
I hate to say, but the mucus you saw sounds like EWCM which is fertile mucus so there is a definite possiblity you were o'ing when everything happened. Do you do any sort of fertility awareness monitoring like cervical checks, BBT, OPK's, etc? At least with the "average text book" cycle, it is 14 days from beginning of AF to o and if your last AF was end of March/beginning of April, this also puts o around this time.
As for if there is a scent you produce when you o, the answer is "yes". They are called pheromones that make people more attracted to each other.
I hope you have a slippery egg that doesn't want to be caught. Keep us informed on what's going on!! We're here for the vents!

moonglowdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I shouldn't have opened this... since I'm obviously not tta... But, I have had EWCM and not been ovulating. FX that this was the case for you! I would recommend beginning to chart though, it would really help you figure out more definitely when you need to be extra careful. Even using OPK's would help, and they're super cheap on amazon.

Either way, I would definitely be avoiding the pull and pray method for a few days.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #9
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It is possible, but if he pulled out when not using any protection, the chances are less. I have also had (a little bit) of ewcm when not O'ing
Old 04-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #10
angelina_lover
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
It is possible, but if he pulled out when not using any protection, the chances are less. I have also had (a little bit) of ewcm when not O'ing
Less of a chance getting pregnant with pull out?

Thank you all for your kind words and not flaming me/us for being so irresponsible, I am swallowing my pride sharing our mistake but need advice and assurance. Mostly support from all of you DS moms. I wish I had friends IRL that would be so sweet and caring rather than so judgmental.
This fear and past history literally eats me alive and I know I should get counseling to heal, just not ready to re-live the experience that much in detail.