Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2007, 06:59 AM   #1
mommy2two
Registered Users

new to cloth and confused!

Hi all, I recently decided to switch to cloth diapers and could use all the tips and advice i can get! What types are the best..where to buy for a good price. Oh goodness im so confused! LOL

Advertisement

mommy2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:00 AM   #2
momtophr
Banned
seller

Re: new to cloth and confused!

Welcome!! Well what is best is gonna vary from person to person week to week lol

for lots of info check out
www.diaperpages.com
www.diaperpin.com
www.diaperjungle.com
momtophr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:04 AM   #3
moparop
Registered Users

How old are your kids?
Are they heavy wetters?
Are you looking for a specific kind of diaper (pockets, fitted, prefolds, all in ones)?
Old 03-26-2007, 07:04 AM   #4
Mamma Christi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2two View Post
Hi all, I recently decided to switch to cloth diapers and could use all the tips and advice i can get! What types are the best..where to buy for a good price. Oh goodness im so confused! LOL

Types of diapers:
-prefolds. There are different kinds of preolds as well. Prefolds have to be folded around baby and snappid or pinned closed, these require a cover.
-flats. Similar to prefolds but not "pre folded". These take a bit more folding work. Snappid or pinned with cover.
-contours. These are the only kind I like that require covers. Basically like prefolds but already cut to the right shape so no folding is needed. Snappid or pinned with cover.
-fitteds. Have snaps or velcro to hold on so don't require pins or snappis. Do require covers.
-pockets. These are diapers such as fuzzi bunz. Diaper includes a 'pocket' to place an insert in. Because of this you can change the absorbancy of the diaper. No covers required.
-AIO (all in one). Just put it on and go! No stuffing, no pinning, no covers. There are also AI2s which usually have a removable soaker on the part of the dipe that touches baby.
-one size. These are usually also pockets. The snap in different ways to fit babys all the way up to potty training. These are all I use though they were much too bulky IMO when jake was a newborn (8p2o) but may work for others)

Which is best really depends on you and your child. We prefer pockets, especially one size. But we also love our contours with covers. Other people prefer AIO, some prefer prefolds. It's best to get a few different types to try them out and figure out what you like.

Good price - HERE! On the FSOT I've found some great deals on diapers. If you know basically what you're looking for you can also post an "ISO" (in search of) list on the ISO board and you'll hopefully get replies from people who have what you want
Mom to Jacob 10/25/06, #2 EDD September 18.
Mamma Christi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:05 AM   #5
mommy2two
Registered Users

thanks for the links, thats super helpful
Old 03-26-2007, 07:07 AM   #6
mommy2two
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
How old are your kids?
Are they heavy wetters?
Are you looking for a specific kind of diaper (pockets, fitted, prefolds, all in ones)?
Noah is 6.5 months, hes not a heavy wetter except for at night, i was thinking about the pocket diapers..thanks
Old 03-26-2007, 07:50 AM   #7
mommy2two
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyratekk View Post
Types of diapers:
-prefolds. There are different kinds of preolds as well. Prefolds have to be folded around baby and snappid or pinned closed, these require a cover.
-flats. Similar to prefolds but not "pre folded". These take a bit more folding work. Snappid or pinned with cover.
-contours. These are the only kind I like that require covers. Basically like prefolds but already cut to the right shape so no folding is needed. Snappid or pinned with cover.
-fitteds. Have snaps or velcro to hold on so don't require pins or snappis. Do require covers.
-pockets. These are diapers such as fuzzi bunz. Diaper includes a 'pocket' to place an insert in. Because of this you can change the absorbancy of the diaper. No covers required.
-AIO (all in one). Just put it on and go! No stuffing, no pinning, no covers. There are also AI2s which usually have a removable soaker on the part of the dipe that touches baby.
-one size. These are usually also pockets. The snap in different ways to fit babys all the way up to potty training. These are all I use though they were much too bulky IMO when jake was a newborn (8p2o) but may work for others)

Which is best really depends on you and your child. We prefer pockets, especially one size. But we also love our contours with covers. Other people prefer AIO, some prefer prefolds. It's best to get a few different types to try them out and figure out what you like.

Good price - HERE! On the FSOT I've found some great deals on diapers. If you know basically what you're looking for you can also post an "ISO" (in search of) list on the ISO board and you'll hopefully get replies from people who have what you want
Thank you soo much that was really helpful. The more i look into it i think i will end up with the pockets..the FB look really nice!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:59 AM   #8
moparop
Registered Users

I found that I could never get FBs to fit my little guy quite right. With him I loved bumgenius diapers. The added benefit to those is that they are one size so they could last all the way through potty training!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:05 AM   #9
mommy2two
Registered Users

thanks, i will look into those, i have never heard of them!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:09 AM   #10
shannong
Registered Users
seller

I am preety new to CDing as well. Only been CDing for about 2 months. Anyway, I started out with 6 BG One size diapers and they are still my favorite!! They have velcro (apix) and **I** think itis much easier to get a better fit with apix. I also have 6 Large FB and they are OK, but the snaps and especially finding the correct insert to work for us was a HUGE learnig curve for us.

FB are $17-18 a piece brand new, and they are sized. Which means you have to buy new ones as the child grows. Sure the resale is pretty good, but you still have to resell and buy more.

The BG OS are $18 a piece, but they go form 8lbs to 35lbs. I have heard they are a bit bulky on the small setting, but I have not used them on small myself yet. The BG comes with a suede cloth inner (which **I** prefer, but are also being offered in fleece now They also come with cotton babies OS Microfiber inserts which I really like as well. (I have a heavy wetter) In fact, there is a small sale going on righ tnoiw for Bum Genius OS, but they don't have inserts with these ones. (they usually do)

just my

Shannon
shannong is offline   Reply With Quote