Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #11
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DH trouble sleeping with baby

If the arrangment works for you that DH is sleeping in another room, then maybe that is what is best. Sometimes that just works best. However, if it's not and you're not ready for babe to move out of the bed, then perhaps getting some white noise? We still co-sleep with both our kids, but ds1 is in his own bed just in our room still, and ds2 is still in our bed. We sleep with a fan on, one of those big round ones that are fairly loud. We all sleep great. ds1 weaned himself from bed-sharing at 3 years old.

Advertisement

JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:32 PM   #12
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Exact same situtation here except my DS is 12 weeks. My DS sleeps next to us (co-sleeper) for his first stretch, then when we wakes to eat (usually around 1am) I bring him to bed with me. I'm just too tired to do anything more! DH can't sleep with him in the bed with us though. He tries, but he is terrified of rolling over on him. I would love to set up the side car thing but our room is so tiny it barely fits the co-sleeper (which is the mini one) For now its what works, but def not a long term thing! I am trying as he starts waking less to put him back in the co-sleeper. I am hoping eventually he'll sleep there all night and that when he sleeps all night, he can start sleeping in the boys' room instead of ours.

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #13
sgackle
Registered Users
seller

Anyone with multiple sibs in one room: how did that work??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKylie View Post
I am hoping eventually he'll sleep there all night and that when he sleeps all night, he can start sleeping in the boys' room instead of ours.
thank you for all the suggestions! Here's my next problem: we live in a 2 bedroom house. I was hoping to transition DS to DD's room when he started sleeping longer stretches/thru-the-night, but he still wakes up crying every 3 hours or so. I don't feel like it's fair to make my 2 year old DD have to deal with DS's screams every few hours, and I don't want to have to deal with her bad night's sleep every day.

Anyone with multiple sibs in one room: how did that work??
sgackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #14
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglewife126 View Post
IMO babies are way more resilient than husbands. your ds might have a little trouble transitioning, but he is not going to harbor any resentment against you for it. your dh on the other hand might start to resent you if you ignore his feelings about the situation. on the other hand, your ds may surprise you and the transition could be easier than you think. that's been my experience with my 2 year old dd and all those "big" transitions that i expected to be absolutely devastating!

Totally agree!

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote